• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shell California Club 5000 pts, just pay transfer and closing

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shell Vacation Club
California/West Club (includes all the California properties)
5000 annual points
Use Year: July - if you combine with a current California Club contract, you will keep your current use year. You cannot combine California Club with the other clubs.

Current 2014 points expire June 30, 2015: 1500
Next annual allocation on July 1, 2015: 5000

Annual Dues include MFs, Cub fees and II Gold membership:
$1225.29 and will be paid off before transfer. I'm paying quarterly, but they do require me to pay it off in full before I can transfer it.

Shell Transfer Fee to be paid by buyer:
$350. (it's 3 contracts combined into one membership)

Buyer may use hire their own closing/transfer agent at their own expense. I recommend it because Shell does require a credit application and copies of photo IDs.

Sales price: 0.
MFs: 0.
Shell transfer fee: $350.
Transfer/closing costs: Your choice at your own expense.

If you have questions about how Shell works, etc, please put them in this thread. Send private message if you are interested in becoming the new owner of this great membership.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have banked the 1500 leftover 2014 points to the 2015 use year.

The total points for 2015 are now: 6500
Annual points every year afterward: 5000

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at a Shell resort right now... my 2nd year staying here. I am always PLEASED with the unit and service level of the staff. Above the standard for Wyndham resorts ... things do not appear to yet be influenced by the newer "corporate" owner.

Good size membership in order to book 2 vacations per year in bigger than studio units.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a friendly bump. I hope someone can use this since I am getting tempted to rob a bank so I can go to Hawaii and use my Shell points. :p

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumping again. If nobody takes it within a couple weeks, I am going to go ahead and keep it for another year for some II trades. :banana:

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shell Vacation Club
California/West Club (includes all the California properties)
5000 annual points.....
...... You cannot combine California Club with the other clubs.

B.

What does that mean? No SVC use in Hawaii, Florida, or Mexico?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
NO ... as OP posted in his "veiled threat", noboby wanting his ownership soon, he was going to go to Hawaii using the Shell points.

Shell have 4 "clubs" - you had to maintain the California Club points in a separate owner/member number than your other club points (like the points from Hawaii) for their accounting purposes and early reservation window.

The 2 bigger clubs are the Hawaii and California clubs ... say you want to stay from Christmas and New Years ... In Hawaii ... really might need that earlier booking window and USE your Hawaii Club points; but the California Club points would then be used for the lesser (perhaps only slightly less demand time) during a slightly later booking window to grab the reservation time AFTER New Year's Day.

Remember, Shell allows owners to book in ONE reservation, stays LONGER than 7 nights. So booking Wed Dec 23, 2015 thru Jan 4, 2016 in one unit is POSSIBLE.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does that mean? No SVC use in Hawaii, Florida, or Mexico?

Specifically, it means if you own a different Shell Club, you will have 2 Shell memberships instead of one. California Club cannot be combined into a Hawaii Club for example. However, you can transfer points between the 2 accounts.

I have booked a reservation with some of the points. The 2015 allocation is now 3900 points.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The current points for 2015 is now 3900 and have been paid. Since it's been about 5 months since I posted this, I decided to start using it instead of letting it go to waste. ;)

christye77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interested

Hello

I'm interested in your SVC points. I'll send you a pm.

Thank
Christye

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

I'm interested in your SVC points. I'll send you a pm.

Thank
Christye

I answered your message. What a difference a day makes. I gave up yesterday and decided to start a search in II with the remaining points.

Thread can be closed.