• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mexico Advocate Group

johnak

Reaction score
Mexico Advocate Group – Another timeshare scam in a different costume.
I have received several calls from companies claiming they have a buyer for my timeshare and they all seem to use the same routine. Now they have come up with a new scheme. This company claims “several million in cash and assets have been seized along with numerous arrests connected to timeshare fraud cases”. If they take my case, I need to part with $1,297 for filing fees and translation fees. This money will be held in a working trust account and is guaranteed to be returned within 12 months. “They have attorneys in place, and the funds and assets that have been confiscated are going to start being disbursed on September 1, 2012” If I don’t sign their contract, they want me to sign a “Waiver and Release Agreement” that relinquishes any and all rights to both current and future monies and assets seized in regards to timeshare fraud in Mexico.
I received the call from Mr. Michael Weston and the papers are signed by Laura Davies. (Wow, a TV character and a Golf Pro) They list their office in Puerto de Hierro Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico. The web page (mexicoadvocategroup.com) is registered to DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM. 1102-1103,11/F,Kowloon Bldg.,555 Nathan Rd.,Mongkok,Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Domain servers in listed order: ns1.resellerdns.co.uk and NS2.resellerdns.co.uk

They appear to be a multinational briefcase company. For those that haven’t heard that term, it means they are not a legitimate company. They scam a few people for lots of money, then just up and disappear, only to reappear using a new name, address and phone number.
They have gotten a little smarter. They have moved their address and phone numbers across the border where the Better Business Bureau, State and Federal Attorney Generals cannot prosecute them. Do not sign up with this group and do not send them any money. This company does not exist. They will take your money and you will never be able to find them. If they contact you, follow my lead. Post your experience on the web so others can see it. We might be able to help others from being scammed.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received several calls from companies claiming they have a buyer for my timeshare and they all seem to use the same routine. Now they have come up with a new scheme. This company claims “several million in cash and assets have been seized along with numerous arrests connected to timeshare fraud cases”. If they take my case, I need to part with $1,297 for filing fees and translation fees. This money will be held in a working trust account and is guaranteed to be returned within 12 months. “They have attorneys in place, and the funds and assets that have been confiscated are going to start being disbursed on September 1, 2012” If I don’t sign their contract, they want me to sign a “Waiver and Release Agreement” that relinquishes any and all rights to both current and future monies and assets seized in regards to timeshare fraud in Mexico.

Wow! What will they think of next? Is there any end to the ideas these scammers have to swindle TS owners?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and oddly enough, someone just registered to post a rave review about this organization.

Reaction score
Pensioners Beware - Mexico Advocate Group

Mexico Advocate Group -
This note is to allot of YOU Pensioners Out There (from a daugther that cares)
I total agree with your commments on the MAG. Just another wolf in sheeps clothing.
After reading a number of comments on the internet (and my own personal experience with my parents) about the MAG and other groups in Mexico, Florida, etc. I found that they are just another SCAM. This being the 2nd wave of husslers. ALL YOU (and most of you are Canadian) Nice and Trustworthy people purchased timeshares through the 90's up until 5 years ago, you thought you were putting your money in a place that was of great benefit to you and your families. It didn't work out that way, DID IT? I didn't for my parents. Oh sure, it was fine for the first little bit but then you realized how much you were spending. You gave people 10K-30K either for a timeshare or the promise of a new project in the form of a timeshare being built. Money gone. Now we have the 2nd group of timeshare resellor and advocacy agencies VULTURES promising to sell or vindicate the money spent on these timeshares. I am sorry to say, it's not going to happen. And please don't send THEM any more of your hard earned money $$$. They won't ask for it right away. You will check them out on the internet see they have a nice website. Comments from previous satisified customers - all with no last name, from Mexico or Florida. They say they have been in business for 25 year but their website was set up a few months ago. They will have you fill out paperwork, talk to you numerous times, have you sign things and then the bomb always hits - They need money for the legal motion, governement taxes, processing or administration fees, etc. They can be creative on what they ask the money for. Remember they are SCAM ARTISTS, they work on this all day long. Just thinking of ways on how to get your money. All playing on your hopes that if you give them a $1000. they will get you 10 times that back. I am a daugther of two retired parents who continually believe someone is going to do the right thing. Let me say it again IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Get a lawyer, read the fine print, see if you can get out of paying those maintances fee, cut your losses and step away from the fantasy that someone will be honorable in giving your money back to the fraud that was perpetrated in the first place. It is Mexico and there are no rules.
This is not a isolated incident to Canadians. A friend of mine middle aged from AZ, USA experienced this with a project in Rocky Point MX which he lost 200K with no legal recourse. Not the same rules down there as up here.
Good Luck from one who is Proctecting her Two Pensioners.

Last edited:

hobkjoe

Reaction score
I have received a msg from the Mexico Advocate Team. They claim to be on the trail of fraudulent groups of sales persons. They want me to sign a confidentiality form and return it.

This morning I receive a tel call from a lady who identified herself as Lisa Franklin. She said she was Canadian and was working in Guadalajara, Mexico. She mentioned the area, Zapopan. Her office, according to her was on Avenida real Aquaducto, Plaza Andares. She said their organization has already helped "thousands". She mentioned the amt $1495 that I would have to pay, only after I would be granted a certain amt by a "judge". According to her, people will be arrested for defrauding victims.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If there are criminal charges pending against "whoever" and they are going to be arrested and jailed - WHY would you need to pay $1495???