• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NCV dining

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are heading there on 8/31 with another couple. Adults only -- no kids.
We love to eat well and money is not really a concern -- it's vacation!
I would love some recommendations on favorite places in the area for lunch and/or dinner (casual preferred). We will try to avoid chains (eg Cheesecake Factory, Flemings and the like) -- we prefer places that are unique to the area. Although -- I never miss an opportunity to have lunch in a Tommy Bahama Cafe!

Thanks

mjs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would head to the Ritz Carlon in Dana Point. Lunch or Dinner would be great, and great views.

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The locals all frequent the Crab Cooker for seafood http://www.crabcooker.com/ It has been in business for 50+ years. Not fancy but wonderful fresh seafood. We also buy some fish in their market to take back to the villa for grilling another night.

Our favorite Italian is in the same shopping center as the Trader Joe's just south of the resort on Coast Highway. It is called Modo Mio Ristorante and is pretty reasonably priced with excellent food. Better make a reservation as the wait can be very long.

Unfortunately the Crab Cooker doesn't take reservations and the history about the place says that the owner, Roubian, even made John Wayne and Richard Nixon wait their turn. We just go early the night we decide to eat there.

Have a great time!

Jan

DavidW

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just there last week. We like Duke's on Huntington Beach. We ate at Tommy Bahama's too. Wanted to try the Chart House in Dana Point for the sunset views, but didn't have a chance.

Bill4728

Reaction score
One dining must is the Crystal Cove cafe, which is on the beach at the south end of the state park. Good food but it is just a shack with a big deck but it is right on the beach. You have to walk down the road to get to the cafe but it is worth it.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out my picture trail for some restaurants I mentioned and pictures.
If you like fish:

Blue Fin - sushi
Beach House - beautiful and great location overlooking the sea
Brias - Mexican - incredible
Tri Ami - Italian

Have fun!

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
there's a pizza joint at the outdoor shopping center at the top of the hill - I found it b/c NCV offers a discount to the place. We like it, simple but good pizza!

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
For dining, we enjoyed Five Crowns for roast beef so much we went back a second time. For Mediterranean food, you’ll enjoy Café Panini (they give Idine frequent flyer miles). Down the road just past Laguna Beach, the Ritz Carlton has a great, relaxing lunch area called The Terrace with an incredible view of cliffs, beach, and surfers – their $15 sirloin hamburger was the best I’ve ever had. Roy’s has a great price fixed $30 meal with 3 courses and 4 entrée choices. Don't miss some dining areas on Balboa Island but check for the current 'in' places. Trader Joe’s (turn left to the first mall on Pacific Coast Hwy) has terrific yuppy groceries. The location is great -- about an hour north of La Jolla and an hour south of LA. Enjoy.

Brian

worshc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three of my favorites are in Laguna Beach:

Five Feet Restaurant
328 Glenneyre St.
Laguna Beach, CA
Phone: (949) 497-4955

Sorrento Grille and Martini Bar
370 Glenneyre St.
Laguna Beach, CA
Phone: (949) 494-8686

The Loft
30801 South Coast Hwy. (Montage Resort & Spa)
Laguna Beach, CA
Phone: (949) 715-6420

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to you all for so many great suggestions.

I expect to put on few pounds this trip. LOL

chalucky

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You need advance reservations for this one !

I live in Newport Coast...take my word on this one

Dizzs As Is

2794 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA
Tel: (949) 494-5250