• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SBP new owner questions

p182cessna

TUG Member
Reaction score
First thank you so much for all the information Tug has provided me. I joined and studied Tug for a long time before buying. I bought an even year one bedroom SBP. I have just been entered into system (very fast thanks to Jose) and given starward number. Since I bought resale off ebay I was thinking I would not be a SVN member. When I log into mystarcentral with my new number I go to "your information"

Home Season-Prime/ Even year float/ Reservation System SVN

Weekly StarOptions value 44,000
Weekly starpoints value 18,000

So does this mean I am a SVN member?

Is this a good thing?
My main use for this unit will be to trade for Hawaii, St. John, Atlantis.
If I am indeed a member do I get more bang for my buck being a member or is it better to not be a member, reserve prime week, fight to get reserved prime week deposited with II and search and trade with my own II acct.

Again thank you so much for all the great info you provide.

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
Starcentral is NEVER to be counted on. If you bought resale at SBP you are not in SVN. (To the best of my knowledge) The only resorts that transfer SVN with resale are the mandatory resorts, and SBP is not one of those.

There are several points in your favor though. Staroption value for your intended destinations is high and SBP may not give you this. In SVN, SVO picks your week to deposit from any SVO resort so you can end up with less II trading power. Using your own II account you can book a summer week at SBP, deposit it directly and then use the 3 day preferential period to try to get an exchange.

On the down side: Remember that StJ , Hawaii and Atlantis get few deposits so you cannot be picky for week and may need to accept smaller unit etc. Most owners that own during summer, spring break, and Christmas often rent out their unit directly rather than deposit with II to get greater value. If you are counting on prime time and school breaks you may be sadly disappointed. To get trades you will have to be VERY aggressive in getting a great deposit week and getting it in EARLY to have a shot. (and PRAY) You may have more success with shoulder time if schedule allows. If you are locked into school schedule you will need LOTS of luck.

Good Luck:clap:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
So does this mean I am a SVN member?

Unfortunately, they make a lot of mistakes. As soon as you try to use the Staroptions, they will find their mistake. You can just ignore it - it has no impact on your usage.

My main use for this unit will be to trade for Hawaii, St. John, Atlantis.

You definitely won't be able to exchange through the SVN, but you still can exchange through II and you have the advantage of the Starwood 3-day priority for other SW resorts. See the article in Owner Resources for all the details.

However, St. John is virtually an impossible exchange, and Atlantis is very difficult. Hawaii is very doable, off-season. Now that there are 3 Hawaii resorts, and travel to Hawaii is depressed, we are seeing more and more deposits. Since you are a TUG member, you can see the recent Starwood Hawaii deposits on the Sightings board, below the TUG Lounge.