• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Multiple Selection Poll: What type of Marriott Vacation Club product(s) do you own?

What type of Marriott Vacation Club product(s) do you own?

• Week(s) which have been enrolled in the Destination Club.

Votes: 136 52.5%
  • Week(s) which have not been enrolled in the Destination Club.

Votes: 81 31.3%
  • Week(s) which are not eligible for DC-enrollment, but would be enrolled otherwise.

Votes: 36 13.9%
  • Week(s) which are not eligible for DC-enrollment, but would not be enrolled anyway.

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • DC Trust Points which were purchased developer-direct.

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • DC Trust Points which were purchased on the external market.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • A combination of DC-enrolled Week(s) and DC Trust Points.

Votes: 31 12.0%
  • A combination of un-enrolled Week(s) and DC Trust Points.

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • I have or most likely will in the future convert my DC-enrolled Week(s) to DC Points.

Votes: 23 8.9%

• Total voters

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Marriott offers different products/systems and we TUGgers represent all forms of ownership. Please vote and be counted, and if you think that your response needs to be explained, feel free to post to the thread.

However, this is not intended to be a catch-all discussion of the various merits (or lack thereof!) of Marriott's products. Please limit those talking points to the discussion boards.

The poll should allow for multiple selections. This is primarily so that enrolled Week(s) owners can also check the last option if applicable.

Last edited:

travelmom11

Reaction score
Not sure what the difference is in the two statements about weeks which are not eligible for DC enrollment???

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not sure what the difference is in the two statements about weeks which are not eligible for DC enrollment???

"Week(s) which are not eligible for DC-enrollment, but would be otherwise," means that if your ineligible Week(s) could be enrolled, you would enroll them. "Week(s) which are not eligible for DC-enrollment, but would not be anyway," means that even if your ineligible Week(s) could be enrolled, you still wouldn't enroll them.

Sorry for the confusion but there's a limit to the number of characters that can be used in each poll response, and none of the easily-understood options that I tried for those two would work. :p

{eta} I tried a quick edit, putting the word "enrolled" in both. Does that make more sense?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am not sure the last question really fits the poll. It has to do with usage vs ownership type. I selected the first option, but the last also applies as we have already converted 2014 to points. I can only vote for one. Should I have voted for that one instead of option 1?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not sure the last question really fits the poll. It has to do with usage vs ownership type. I selected the first option, but the last also applies as we have already converted 2014 to points. I can only vote for one. Should I have voted for that one instead of option 1?

I was able to select both? :shrug:

Although it doesn't strictly fit in with the poll question, the likelihood of enrolled Week(s) being converted to DC Points usually comes up in every discussion where we discuss why and how many Weeks are enrolled. When I realized the poll could be set to allow multiple responses, I figured adding that last item could be helpful to contrast the number of Weeks enrolled with the number possibly converted to DC Points.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I was able to select both? :shrug:

Although it doesn't strictly fit in with the poll question, the likelihood of enrolled Week(s) being converted to DC Points usually comes up in every discussion where we discuss why and how many Weeks are enrolled. When I realized the poll could be set to allow multiple responses, I figured adding that last item could be helpful to contrast the number of Weeks enrolled with the number possibly converted to DC Points.

That was my fault, I didn't realize that it allowed multiple responses. Now that I voted, it won't let me vote again.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm sorry for the multiple-response confusion but certainly understand how it's happening; I'd probably respond first and read second, too. But I've re-named the poll and bolded the note in my first post to hopefully reduce the confusion. Dioxide and Jim, I'll find out if it's possible for you to re-take the poll.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Sue, thank you for developing this poll and for all you contributed to clarifying the ability to choose more than one option. It will be interesting to see what percentage of those who have enrolled their week(s) have or plan to actually use points. I assume those who enrolled but won't use points see the primary benefit as no fees for trades, lock-offs, etc.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I may have misunderstood the last poll question. We converted one week to points for use next year, but we do not plan to convert most of the time. I did not put a check mark on the last response because I took it to mean that we would usually convert to points. Now I think maybe I should have answered differently because we will do it sometimes.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've gotten a few messages about that last option, too. IMO, when we're talking about enrollment it's more telling how many owners of enrolled Weeks plan on never converting a Week to DC Points, than those who have or might elect to do it. Of course none of us can tell each other how to vote, but if it helps you to know how others are voting, I checked the final option despite only converting one Week to DC Points over the last few years and not having any concrete plans to do it again.

Maybe I should worded that last option differently, to reflect a "no" vote instead of a "yes"? I dunno. Honestly, I'm just glad that I didn't break TUG with my first poll attempt. :eek:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I do think the last option is good data. Though I think that it would almost be better on its own as a yearly poll. Like how many 2013 weeks did you convert or expect to convert to points; 0, 1, 2, etc. Of course we don't want to be poll crazy though.

BTW, will that old poll ever be unstickied now that it is locked?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do think the last option is good data. Though I think that it would almost be better on its own as a yearly poll. Like how many 2013 weeks did you convert or expect to convert to points; 0, 1, 2, etc. Of course we don't want to be poll crazy though.

BTW, will that old poll ever be unstickied now that it is locked?

Hey. I think that annual poll idea is a good one, actually. Maybe even expanded to include all types of usage ... it could be a non-sticky and left to die a natural thread death with all the rest of the non-stickies, like the annual MF threads. Hmmmm ...

Yes, the other one will be unstuck and a link to it will be placed in the DC-related sticky eventually.

rpw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
I find it very interesting

That as of Friday, August 31 at 12EST that of the 59 people that appear to have voted 1/3rd said they wouldn't join the vacation club, and of the 39 people that did join, it appears that 30 of them did it to save on exchange fees (since only 9 people said they plan on actually exchanging their week)

Says a lot about the value of the DC club according to TUG members.

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I'm sorry for the multiple-response confusion but certainly understand how it's happening; I'd probably respond first and read second, too. But I've re-named the poll and bolded the note in my first post to hopefully reduce the confusion. Dioxide and Jim, I'll find out if it's possible for you to re-take the poll.

Susan
I missed that last question also and would like to retake the poll if possible. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Belly

Reaction score
I missed the last question. We usually submit every other year for points and then use the ticket option to visit family and then use the hotel part of the option to go on vacation where we cannot use our timeshare.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I missed the last question. We usually submit every other year for points and then use the ticket option to visit family and then use the hotel part of the option to go on vacation where we cannot use our timeshare.

The last question refers to converting your enrolled Week(s) to Destination Club Points. I'm guessing that with your mention of tickets and hotels, you mean that you convert your Week(s) to Marriott Rewards Points for Travel Packages? (If I'm confused and you do mean DC Points, I can edit the poll numbers to reflect a "yes" vote for you on the last option.)