• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

best weeks to go to myrtle beech

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Husband And I Want To Go To Myrtle Beach. We Would Also Like To Buy A Week There. What Are The Best Weeks To Consider?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We liked to travel to MB the following months April, late September thru late November less tourists on the Grand Strand.

We do not travel to MB during the two bikes week times.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
My Husband And I Want To Go To Myrtle Beach. We Would Also Like To Buy A Week There. What Are The Best Weeks To Consider?

Tell us what you like and maybe we can help.

It depends on when you can travel, when you like to travel, whether you like the crowds or not too many people around.

Some attractions are closed in the off seasons where ever you travel so you may want to consider that.

It also depends on what you want to do there. If sunbathing and swimming in the ocean are important then you don't want to go in Jan.

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It's just him and I. We love swimming in the ocean and sunbathing/sleeping on the beach. Don't like super crowded areas. Amusement parks we do enjoy.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I enjoy going there in July and August because I like the water to be warm.

It's a big area so there are many places on the beach that not all that crowded.

We avoid traveling by car during supper time because that's when we find the traffic to be worse.

I would suggest renting a few times before you buy a TS there. Get a feel for some of the different resorts and areas before you make a commitment.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
we own in surf-side beach resort called Plantation Resort, Presidential Villa's section. This is a summer week that floats., We have been going to owners meeting 3rd fri in march and its nice. This year was cooler than 2013 but not bad.

Golf was good, did not get to pools. did see some folks swimming, hot tub was on and seemed to be the place to be. Lazy river is not heated so cold this time of year. You get more spring breakers from Central US it seems also the north east colleges but not issues with them.

Off season, before mid june and after labor day is best, especially after labor day. Warm sun, warm water, cold beers and little crowds during week , weekends are another story crowded fri noonish to sun noon.

there are resorts on beach and off beach. If you find something you like find TPU value at RCI's deposit calculator.. (login , click "home" tab click "deposit" look to right and click "deposit calculator") the new site is somewhat hard to navigate. If unit number not know use option 2 and select room size and just use one of the number that shows up..

you want your MF vs TPS to be 10-12 or so.. ie 34 tpu and 700 MF = 20.58 per tpu.. sorta high, but if you get say 84 with 700 MF = 8.33 per tpu much better.

good luck

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You So Much For That Calculation! And We Do Like Avoiding The Crowds For Sure!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to own a Week 35 in North Myrtle Beach. North Myrtle Beach because of less congestion, wide beach, and still an easy drive to Myrtle Beach proper. Week 35 because it was usually the week after Labor Day which meant most kids were back in school, again cutting down the congestion, and the weather was great.

George