• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help me in finding timeshare

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I Would Like To Go To:

Myrtle Beach
Nags Head
New Orleans louisiana
Cancun Mexico

Its Just My Husband And I, No Children. We Love Quiet Beaches.

We Have Three Weeks A Year vacation. We Can Do Up To 1500 Maintenance Fees If We Buy A Free Timeshare From Someone On Here.Recommend Triennial Points(68K ) if Purchases In Addition To AWeek Somewhere That It Could Be Used On. ThatWay We WouldOnly Be Paying Mf Every Three Years On The Extra Points.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Sorry, I can't help you. I don't really know about timeshares on the east.

I know a little about NOLA but not a ton about timeshares located there except that if you want to go during Mardi Gras or Jazz Fest every year then you should buy a fixed week there. Also, week 9 at most NOLA resorts is Mardi Gras week. But if you just want to exchange in every now and then you probably shouldn't buy in NOLA.

Also, the typical TUG advice is to trade-in to Mexico, not to buy there. Cancun is really easy to get into. You can trade-in very easily with almost any resort.

Anyway, I'm just replying to give your thread a bump and get it some attention so other TUGgers can answer your specific questions about where might be the best place to buy. I have a hunch the replies to this thread may be more useful to you than the replies in your other thread.

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You! Good Advice. I'm Waiting To See If I'm Hired By An Airline So That Would Change My List Drastically. Free Or Almost Free Airfare Would Be Awesome!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you just bought a timeshare (and I think you did from your other thread) I wouldn't buy anything else for awhile. Instead, devote your time and energy to learning everything you can about what you bought, and how to use it. When you are 100% comfortable with what you own now, you will be in a much better position to decide what to buy next.

There is no rush - it's a buyers market and it's flooded with bargains that will still be there in 6 mos.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
None of my business, Kim, but is there some setting on your computer that capitalizes every word you type? Or do you do it on purpose? It's sorta weird to read.

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I Don't Do It On Purpose. When I'm Typing On My Cell Phone It Does This. Some Kind Of Virus. And PS I Didn't Buy Anything Yet. Something Someone Said In My Other Post About Freaking Out Made Me Tell The Person Selling The Points That I Unfortunately No Longer Wanted The Points They Were RCI Points From A Deed That Had Been Changed To Points. The Deed Was For A Week Too Far From Home. And I Want To Purchase A Week Somewhere Close And Awesome. After I Do My Due Diligence And Purchase Something, I Would Love To Buy These Points, If They Are Still Available. But Don't Get Me Wrong, If I See A Week Up For Grabs In Myrtle At A Marriott.....I Might Just Pounce.

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or A Great Hilton, Since I Read They Don't Penalize Resale People As Much. Just Wish They Had More Locations.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I See A Week Up For Grabs In Myrtle At A Marriott.....I Might Just Pounce.

Just FYI, Marriott does not exchange with RCI. They are tied to II. But since you are not tied to any particular system yet, it's of small consequence. People like both for their own reasons.

Good luck on that airline job. The interline perks are awesome. Resorts, cruises, air travel for pennies on the retail dollar.

Jim

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Its A Part Time Thing Where You Can Work From 300 Hours But No More Than 1300 Hours Per Year. And You Get Flight Benefits! Some People Will Work For Four Months Full Time And No More For The Rest Of The Year. Others (Like Me Will Maybe Work(OR Be On Call) For 16 Hours A Week. I'm A Sales Associate At Chicos's Part Time So I Can Do This.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks! Its A Part Time Thing Where You Can Work From 300 Hours But No More Than 1300 Hours Per Year. And You Get Flight Benefits! Some People Will Work For Four Months Full Time And No More For The Rest Of The Year. Others (Like Me Will Maybe Work(OR Be On Call) For 16 Hours A Week. I'm A Sales Associate At Chicos's Part Time So I Can Do This.

Are you sure this is Legit? It sounds like one of those "work at home," scams. Did you have to pay anything to apply?

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, Its Legit. I Did Lots Of Research On This(At Least I Did Research On Something). The Job Is With Delta Airlines And The Position Is Called Ready Reserve. You Can Go To Deltas Home Page And Find It In Their Careers Part Of Their Site. You Get Zero Other Benefits And You Have To Be Willing To Work Weekend Sometimes Nights Sometimes Etc. But If You Are Able To Do It And More Importantly Willing, Its AVailable. They Also Promise Is Not A Guarantee To A Full Time Or Even Part Time Position. But I Read Forums And People Who Do It Say They Were Offered Positions. And Some Turned Those Positions Down Because They Like Being Off 8 Months With Travel Perks! Heck I Might Do It That Way. But The Four Months Are May June July August. So You Can Do That Full Time Or Just A Few Hours A Week Throughout The Year.

kimgerlach1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also One Person Said He Likes To Do His Hours During The Busy Session. Because The Way You Usually Get Flight Benefits Is By Waiting On Standby To Get A Seat.So There Is More Of A Chance Of Getting A Seat In The Slower Times. And You Can Bump That Standby Seat To First Class If Its Available For A Fee( I'm Thinking $150)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am going to PM you. My husband works for Delta and works with many Ready Reserve Agents.

Tracey

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bluegreen has very nice resorts in Myrtle Beach and New Orleans none in Nags Head. I just used There exhange company to go to Cancun "Raintree Club Regina for 39.00$ and i think you could exchange to the otter banks with RCI.