• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Airlines devalues FF program - again

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess we all knew it was going to happen. [sigh] After a few million miles with AA, my loyalty is gone... A quick check finds the great new deals are next to impossible to book, and they're adding baggage fees to award ticket flights. AAnytime First/Business class tickets to Hawaii went from 150/190K to 214/260K miles! I was going to confirm flights I had on hold today - and have to go with the new chart if I want to keep the flights.

Added: Threads in FlyerTalk describing the changes which were announced with no warning - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...luation-discussions-two-different-forums.html

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Not totally unexpected. At least it seems the saver award prices haven't changed...yet.

Sent from my iPad

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess we all knew it was going to happen. [sigh] After a few million miles with AA, my loyalty is gone... A quick check finds the great new deals are next to impossible to book, and they're adding baggage fees to award ticket flights. AAnytime First/Business class tickets to Hawaii went from 150/190K to 214/260K miles! I was going to confirm flights I had on hold today - and have to go with the new chart if I want to keep the flights.

Added: Threads in FlyerTalk describing the changes which were announced with no warning - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...luation-discussions-two-different-forums.html

Wow, I booked a couple of months ago for November FF first class tix and am glad I didn't wait. Thanks for the heads up, I'll go read up on FlyerTalk

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This does fall under the category of "no surprise" but still disappointing. While I will never book an "anytime" award, I am sorry to see the loss of free bags for gold (down from 2 to 1) and for companions.

Deb

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Burn 'em as you earn 'em, folks. Hoarding points is a fool's game.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Bound to happen. Glad I got all the free rides over the years including a month long tour of Europe this fall using the Explorer Award I booked a month ago.

Cheers

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Burn 'em as you earn 'em, folks. Hoarding points is a fool's game.

Amen! I fly United, am a 1K flyer with them and burn the points as I earn them. Kind of off the subject of American Airlines, but we fly to Europe a LOT and Turkish Airlines is the best we have ever flown! And WOW!! Their airline lounge in Istanbul is HEAVEN! We always head to the airport EARLY when we leave Istanbul just to hit the lounge! :whoopie:

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was in the email I got but no expert at all on this stuff

"...Redeem for less. Effective today for travel starting June 1, 2014, a one‑way AAnytime award now starts as low as 20,000 miles plus applicable taxes and carrier–imposed fees. Plus we've lowered the minimum number of miles needed for AAnytime awards to popular destinations like Hawaii, the Caribbean and Europe. Our lowest AAnytime mileage levels are available for more than 50% of the year. Don't forget we still offer MileSAAver awards that can be redeemed for as low as 12,500 miles each way, plus applicable taxes and carrier-imposed fees.

No blackout dates! Continue to use your miles for any seat on any American Airlines flight using an AAnytime Award. Award levels vary by date and a few select dates throughout the year are now offered at higher mileage levels. ..."