• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spokane to Lethbridge

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wasn't exactly sure which forum this would be best in, so decided this might be it.

We are driving from Spokane to Lethbridge Alberta on May 8. There are 2 different ways to go and each has benefits.

Option 1: Us Route 2 into Canada which becomes Canada Route 3 to Lethbridge. This is closest (380 miles) and fastest (7 hours). This seems to be mostly 2 lane roads.

Option 2: Interstate 90 to US 12 to Interstate 15 to Canada Route 4. This is 583 miles and 9 1/2 hours. This would be mostly Interstate.

I was hoping some Tuggers would have some experience with these routes and help me decide. We are planning to do this in 2 days.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nancy

Thanks for any help and insight.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No recent experience with these routes (family trips as a child don't count) but I certainly wouldn't drive an extra 2+ hours to drive booooring interstate when the alternative is interesting scenery, people I haven't met, and a place I haven't been. I'd do the shorter 2 lane way.

I was fired from a job back in the 1970's. My wife and I figured we'd never see it again. So we piled into the old VW Beetle with our camping gear and headed that way. It was a GREAT trip. I still remember a wood 'hot-tub' with natural hot water flowing through it at Radium Hot Springs, BC. It was back in my drug-addled, mis-spent hippie youth. Ahhhh. Memories. Priceless! :)

Jim

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I did Hwy 3 from Waterton west a year ago and it's very pretty. Good roads. The route north through ID is my preferred route from Seattle to Eastern BC/Banff etc. It's easy driving with plenty of passing opportunities, prettier and one of the easiest border crossings. The route from Cranbrook east is through the trees with some mountain views with some windy portions, but not bad at all.
The longer route would be an advantage only if there is a spring snowstorm and the roads were better or if there is something along that route you want to see. Otherwise, I don't see any advantage, especially for an extra 200 miles.

Sue

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in Deer Park just off hwy 2 and the drive up 2 is nice two lanes....we've been as far as Bonners Ferry and the scenary is fabulous and roads are good. If you like mexican food, a good lunch stop is in Sandpoint...Jalapenos. I love their red snapper...and apple empanadas with hulkleberry sauce

This is part of the Selkirk Loop....We have done the us portion but hope to do the whole loop this summer. Let us know what you decide and how the trip was

Soccer Canada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Points
Hyatt Vacation Club (Pending Transfer)
Hi There,
We live in Coaldale (just outside of Lethbridge) and do this trip at least a couple times a year. It takes about 6 hours to drive up US2 and then on Highway 3 to get from Spokane to Lethbridge. The worst part of the trip is from Post Falls, ID to Sandpoint, ID because of the population and the construction. Once you clear Sandpoint, ID its a pretty easy drive unless you are coming or going on a Sunday afternoon or Long Weekend Monday.
Its a LONG ways to go on the I90 all the way over to the I15 and up..

A 3rd option is go cut off at St Regis from the I90 and go through Kalispell and then over the Going to Sun Highway which probably isnt a quick route, but a very pretty drive in the summer time..

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I guess it will be the quicker route (not I90). Also thanks for the suggestions on where to eat, etc.

Could there be snow in May on Canada 3????

Thanks,
Nancy