• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did anyone get a congratulatory postcard from Marriott...

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the mail, Saying that you have been selected to receive a 3day 2 night getaway at one of over 600 locations including Marriott properties of your choice in the Continental US? We are MVC premiere status and MR Platinum, so what more can they tell us (or be trying to sell us)? Just wondered if anyone got this and called in yet to get the details?
Vicki

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Was it actually from Marriott or Marriott Vacation Club International, or just have a Marriott logo on it? We get postcards from time to time with corporate logos on them, but there is always a small print disclaimer that they aren't associated with those brands.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is actually the group that has the highest percentage success rate on another sale.

I've wondered how Marriott target's customers. To me it's always made sense that customers have high primary home equity. Primary home is mostly paid for, therefore willing to invest in vacationing or some form of vacation home.

Instead the qualifying sales presentation questions are mostly income based..

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I've wondered how Marriott target's customers. To me it's always made sense that customers have high primary home equity. Primary home is mostly paid for, therefore willing to invest in vacationing or some form of vacation home.

Instead the qualifying sales presentation questions are mostly income based..

I think the main qualifying criteria is if you have a pulse. After that it's can you qualify for a high interest loan. If the answer to those 2 questions are yes then your good to go.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doug, :cool:

Davey/Vicki,
Have not received such a postcard.
When did you receive yours? Are you going to bite?

Smooth Air

Davey54321

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are just back from Oceana Palms...

So havent decided if we will bite or not... Busy work week and we still have an encore package (HHI stay plus cruise certificate) to finish planning for 2015. We are curious though as it did seem to be from Marriott (not MVC) so if we call to get details will let you know...
Vicki

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think the main qualifying criteria is if you have a pulse. After that it's can you qualify for a high interest loan. If the answer to those 2 questions are yes then your good to go.

I am not even sure they do any actual underwriting on their loans, do they? If you are willing to buy they will have you sign papers right there. They know that if you default, they can foreclose and turn around and resell the DC points for the same price or more.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So havent decided if we will bite or not... Busy work week and we still have an encore package (HHI stay plus cruise certificate) to finish planning for 2015. We are curious though as it did seem to be from Marriott (not MVC) so if we call to get details will let you know...
Vicki

My guess is that it isn't even from Marriott International. Why would they give away a 2 day getaway? Chances are that it is from some other outfit trying to sell something. Whether it be timeshares, or ways to get rid of your timeshare. We get these from time to time. They look official and like they are from Marriott, Hilton, Delta or whatever, but the tiny print on them tells the story.