• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Galleon Resort Key West Question

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to a Tugger posting this resort on the Sightings Board I was lucky and grabbed the 2 bedroom unit checking in on July 12, 2014. Was wondering if anyone who has stayed there or owns there can tell me if all 2 bedroom units have a balcony with some type of view of either the harbor, the ocean or pool?

The RCI confirmation says some units may not have a balcony but the resorts websites makes it sound as if all the 1 and 2 bedroom units have a balcony with some type of view. So as usual I turn to my TUG Family for help. :)

Suzanne

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there many, many years ago. We had a one bedroom with a balcony that faced the marina. It was a second floor room. The view was great for the most part, we had a few palm trees that blocked a lot of the view. During our visit, there was an observation deck on the roof, great views from up there. unless things have changed, there was not enough parking if the resort is full. One night we got back late and had to park on the street. Make sure you walk around the marina walkway at night under the lamp post shining into the water, you will see a lot of tarpon swimming under the light. Lastly, if you are military, take advantage of what the bases offer.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We had a two bedroom unit with a lovely view of the back of the shed that held the pool equipment.

Thankfully it's one of those places where you're just not hanging around the resort that much so it wasn't as annoying as it might have been.

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for your help. I called the resort to see if I could put in a request for a higher floor with some type of view and a balcony. The guy was very nice asked me to check back next week as my reservation was not in their system yet from RCI. So I will try early next week before we leave on Saturday.

As for parking once there we will if lucky enough to get a spot just leave car parked and walk everywhere.

Suzanne

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call and request location

We had a beautiful view but as I remember correctly I called prior to check-in to see if I could request a location in the building

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
we have stayed twice, called and asked for view room and got the worst room in the place, second time, got a nice view of marina. they all have balconies the higher the better. very convenient to leave car and walk, pick up groceries at the publix before you get into the old town area. You will find many people stay at the resort all day long, at the pool baking away, and then go out at night. It will be very hot and humid, so buy at least a case of water and always carry some. If you are interested, a great day trip to the Dry Tortugas is something we always wanted to do.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
... If you are interested, a great day trip to the Dry Tortugas is something we always wanted to do.

On one of our trips with our Explorer Post a trip to the Dry Tortugas was one of the highlights.

We took the boat ride and instead of coming back the same day we stayed overnight and came back on the return boat the next day. It's the closest to shore that I've seen coral formations while snorkeling.

Carry plenty of water with you if you go.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I too called ahead. When we go there, the check in person was one of the surliest I've ever had to deal with, and I'm a pretty friendly sort, I think. Still got one of the worst view units in the resort, IMHO.

That was a long time ago, he's probably long gone by now.

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your info. I will try calling ahead for a view unit or at least a higher up floor with a balcony.

Suzanne

dwojo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there in January in a one bedroom that had a balcony. Even with out a great view the location is great. Mallory square is a couple of minute walk from the resort. Most of the attractions including Duval street are in easy walking distance. While we were there I had mobility issues due to a recent knee and hip surgery and found it easy to walk to every thing. The restaurants are a bit pricey but most have good food. There is a brazilian restaurant that is very nice if you want a good night out.