• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Someone just got 185k RCI Points for $1899

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Well Then, I Guess I'm Not Blocked.

Alan, can you see any Orlando DVC units with your Points account? There are several for January (on the "Points side of Points") right now. This would verify whether all your Points are blocked from seeing Disney or not.
According to the points side of points right now, I can see the Beach Club Villas, Old Key West Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, the Villas At Disney's Wilderness Lodge, & Animal Kingdom Villas.

BTW, a photocopy of my new Vacation Village At Parkway deed was delivered in today's mail. Several more weeks will go by before I get the official original deed marked as recorded in the Osceola County deed book, & possibly more time after that before Vacation Village At Parkway & RCI Points know the property has been transferred to us.

Meanwhile, we signed the quitclaim deed returning ownership of our Arkansas timeshare to the resort itself, had our signatures notarized, & sent the signed, notarized document back to the timeshare via USPS ("snail mail"). It remains to be seen what will happen to the dinky allocation of points (15,000) that we paid for via our 2010 maintenance fees. The use year for those starts in October 2010 -- & by then we won't be the owners any longer. We'll see, eh ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

wbtimesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love going to Disney, but don't care whether we stay on site or not. If there was less of a price differential, DVC would be nice, but if we can stay in a nice timeshare off site for next to nothing, I just don't see the point in paying DVC rates or using a lot of points or paying for a high price trader to get into DVC. The on-site perks are nice, but not worth that much.

Hmm, I wonder if you're still blocked if you have an Orlando unit in RCI Weeks but only non-Orlando units in RCI Points? (I just won an auction for a non-Orlando unit that is my first RCI Points unit.)

I'll have to dig through those a little closer. It's not easy to find (unless you know what you're looking for).

That's what I just picked up on eBay. It was one of the other options I was watching. (I learned my lesson. My snipe this time was 2 second before the close. <G>)

I got it for $410 + $635 in closing and fees. Got 32,666 bonus points. Maintenance is currently $113 for 16.3k annual points.

I'll be buying some other RCI Points units (or more likely PFD units, probably in SA), but this will get me started in RCI Points and will let me book a few last call 9k weeks.

Thats about what I paid for mine. So, what free week are you going to select that they are offering from the ad? ;)

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats about what I paid for mine. So, what free week are you going to select that they are offering from the ad? ;)
I'll take a closer look once the Grandview closing is done, it's in my name, and everything is as advertised. But probably none. My suspicion is that they're all real dogs. It doesn't hurt to look, but I'll be slow to leap. :)

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Home Resort priority for dummies, please :)

Judy, is there a place where I can research this very thing? I have RCI points through Rayburn (I bought through Scott Riddle) and am looking to add perhaps in a club/place that has that priority and other benefits, if the maintenance fees aren't crazy. And which places should I be looking to research buying that would help the most?

Home Resort/Home Group priority is something that hardly ever gets discussed on TUG, and I’m not sure why. I think these priorities can be extremely useful in some situations. (Although I don’t use my VRI priority much, because I’m spoiled and like to stay in Gold Crown resorts! Most VRI resorts are standard quality.)

Using my Home Resort priority, I just booked a July 1st, 2011 check-in at Winner’s Circle in Solana Beach, CA. July 4th week in Southern California is usually almost impossible to get! (For comparison, to book July 4th with the floating week I own at San Clemente Inn, I’d have to be at their office at 5 am exactly one year in advance—pretty inconvenient, since I live in Michigan.)

I think the discounted $40 fee to book back to your Home Resort may be for VRI resorts only. At least, that's what a RCI guide told me (and we all know how accurate they are! ;) )

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
For me they put a limit of :eek: 3 RCI Points accounts that I could have without anything in their written rules at that time about any limit like that when I went to set up my 4th RCI Points account for my.

Cindy, it was nice talking to you. I memtioned to you that because of for the time being that RCI vastly changed the Points partners for Disney Passes and the airfare reservation rules a lot of us are thinning out some of our RCI Points resorts and RCI Points accounts.

Bruce :D

Bruce, I hope you come back to this thread. How many RCI Points packages can you have on one account? I have two Aussie weeks that are my intial RCI Points purchase, and I bought two more resorts,very recently, for a total of 5 more weeks, all of which are in RCI Points. I am wondering if RCI is going to allow me to keep all of those in one account?

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not know of any limit of the RCI Points ownerships that you can have in any one RCI Points account.

Reaction score
According to the points side of points right now, I can see the Beach Club Villas, Old Key West Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, the Villas At Disney's Wilderness Lodge, & Animal Kingdom Villas.

Sorry to just pop into this thread. I'm new to "timesharing" and got most of my info here but I'm still a bit baffled about certain aspects of the points system.

I purchased a tri-annual RCI points timeshare at Grandview in December (We LIVE in Las Vegas) to get my foot in the door. I also bought 4 fixed weeks at Pines at Meadow Ridge because the MF's are $232 a year for 38,000 points when I do a points for deposit. I think I actually overdid it a little, but that's about 168,333 for $1145 (incl Point for Deposit fees).

So now I need to spend the points! But I find that very difficult to do. I don't see much at ALL on RCI. We thought about going to Disney World. If I look on my points account under "Standard Reservation" (which is what I think you all mean by points side of points) I don't see ANY Disney properties. Even if I search Florida - Orlando Area for a 1 night stay anytime in January 2011. In fact, if I search 1 night in Jan of 2011 I get 20 properties total. That's it.

What do people do to get better accounts so they can search for better items? Do I need to own something at a big chain like Marriott? Am I searching wrong somehow? The only Disney stuff I can see is under Vacation Offers and they are all for cash.

Thanks for any tips!

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to just pop into this thread. I'm new to "timesharing" and got most of my info here but I'm still a bit baffled about certain aspects of the points system.

I purchased a tri-annual RCI points timeshare at Grandview in December (We LIVE in Las Vegas) to get my foot in the door. I also bought 4 fixed weeks at Pines at Meadow Ridge because the MF's are $232 a year for 38,000 points when I do a points for deposit. I think I actually overdid it a little, but that's about 168,333 for $1145 (incl Point for Deposit fees).

So now I need to spend the points! But I find that very difficult to do. I don't see much at ALL on RCI. We thought about going to Disney World. If I look on my points account under "Standard Reservation" (which is what I think you all mean by points side of points) I don't see ANY Disney properties. Even if I search Florida - Orlando Area for a 1 night stay anytime in January 2011. In fact, if I search 1 night in Jan of 2011 I get 20 properties total. That's it.

What do people do to get better accounts so they can search for better items? Do I need to own something at a big chain like Marriott? Am I searching wrong somehow? The only Disney stuff I can see is under Vacation Offers and they are all for cash.

Thanks for any tips!

Suggest you join Tug. That small investment will let you look at the members only :cheer: sighhtings/distressed postings that may help you find a exchange that you might want. There are some other bennies that are only available for Tug members that are not:eek: :( :bawl: available to non members.

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did join! It's been very helpful.

That is a good step. I Hopefully you put my name down as a referral as I think I may have only needed one or two more referals to become a lifetime member, but I could be misstaken. But if you did not that is ok as long as you feel that it is worth it and it will help you.

Just keep reading and asking questions and you will progress and gain knownlegde to get better exchanges. Look to the other exchange companies besides RCI as they ALL can be usefull tools to exspand exchange oppertunities.

itisme

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks for any tips!

I don't have a Points account. however, what I read on this board is "points are points". You should be able to see all available inventory. There is no Trade Value attached to a point.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't have a Points account. however, what I read on this board is "points are points". You should be able to see all available inventory.
The one exception is if there are regional blocks. For instance, people who own a timeshare in Orlando will not see DVC units in their RCI Points account.

Reaction score
That is a good step. I Hopefully you put my name down as a referral as I think I may have only needed one or two more referals to become a lifetime member, but I could be misstaken. But if you did not that is ok as long as you feel that it is worth it and it will help you.

Just keep reading and asking questions and you will progress and gain knownlegde to get better exchanges. Look to the other exchange companies besides RCI as they ALL can be usefull tools to exspand exchange oppertunities.

Oh Bruce! I would have added you as a referral except I became a member in November 09. I think I must be missing what I need to do to display as a member. Since then I've just been.... lurking!

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Bruce! I would have added you as a referral except I became a member in November 09. I think I must be missing what I need to do to display as a member. Since then I've just been.... lurking!

Thanks for the reply. No explanation was needed, but thanks.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Would you keep us updated to what happens when your VV had been added to the RCI points account? I want to know if they apply the regional block to your account and you cannot see DVC anymore. thank you

BTW, a photocopy of my new Vacation Village At Parkway deed was delivered in today's mail. Several more weeks will go by before I get the official original deed marked as recorded in the Osceola County deed book, & possibly more time after that before Vacation Village At Parkway & RCI Points know the property has been transferred to us.

Meanwhile, we signed the quitclaim deed returning ownership of our Arkansas timeshare to the resort itself, had our signatures notarized, & sent the signed, notarized document back to the timeshare via USPS ("snail mail"). It remains to be seen what will happen to the dinky allocation of points (15,000) that we paid for via our 2010 maintenance fees. The use year for those starts in October 2010 -- & by then we won't be the owners any longer. We'll see, eh ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
For me they put a limit of :eek: 3 RCI Points accounts that I could have without anything in their written rules at that time about any limit like that when I went to set up my 4th RCI Points account for my.

Cindy, it was nice talking to you. I memtioned to you that because of for the time being that RCI vastly changed the Points partners for Disney Passes and the airfare reservation rules a lot of us are thinning out some of our RCI Points resorts and RCI Points accounts.

Can you please explain what is happening with the changes for the points account? I am looking at getting a small points package and then using some of my weeks for PFD.
I am on the fence as to to buy just the RCI points resorts I need instead of points for deposit with my hawaii weeks. The reason being is that the maintenance fees would make it cost >1 cent a point. What would be your advice?

thank you

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We used to be able to get airfare and Disney tickets with RCI Points, so Bruce had a way of getting cheap points and tickets with his UDI ownerships.

When Rick and I couldn't use all of OUR points, I got airfare to Hawaii for the two of us with some of our points. It was a decent deal at our price per point, but Bruce did a lot better back then. ;)

Amazing ownership, those UDI's. We have 400K annual RCI (pure) points now, so we cannot possibly use more, but if we did have a need for more points, I would buy a UDI from Bruce, or I would get his advice on buying one.

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you please explain what is happening with the changes for the points account? I am looking at getting a small points package and then using some of my weeks for PFD.
I am on the fence as to to buy just the RCI points resorts I need instead of points for deposit with my hawaii weeks. The reason being is that the maintenance fees would make it cost >1 cent a point. What would be your advice?

thank you

It would take me several hours of typimg verses 15 minnutes on the phone, so feel free to call me at our home between the hours of 8 AM to 8 PM CST at 1-262-878-7566. Or seeing that we have free long distance if you want to send us a email at judybruce@wi.rr.com with your phone number and what would be a good time to call you we would be more than happy to share some of the little knowleage we have what has happened etc and try to answer any other questions you might have.

Or if you do not want to use the phone, email your questions and I will try to answer as best I can. Please if possable ask the questions so they can be answered with a simple yes or no if possable.

Last edited: