• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Season Points

1kabooki

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your information. This is my first post to the TUG BBS.

I have a question regarding the clubpoint values system. As per the very useful link about HGVC (http://www.tug2.net/advice/hgvc.htm) on the pinned post (http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24754), there are 4 seasons. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum.

In the materials I received from HGVC Vacations Introductions Program for the Las Vegas Hilton on the strip, I see that there are only Gold and Platinum seasons for the resorts in the program. Some only have one season. For example, the Hawaii Hilton Village resort only has one season that costs 5,000 points for one week. The Las Vegas Strip Hotel only has a Gold and Platinum season. In contrast, the TUG HGVC advice post notes that the Hawaii resort has 2 seasons and that the Las Vegas Hotel has 4 seasons.

Has the point system seasons changed? Thanks in advance for your help.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
The point system has not changed -- not every resort has every season. You can check out the season chart to see all of the resorts and their respective seasons.

The number of points needed to stay at a HGVC property depend on two things: season, and unit type. When you say that "the Hawaii Hilton Village resort only has one season that costs 5,000 points for one week", what you mean is that a standard 2BR unit would cost 5000 points in Gold season. In Platinum season, you could stay in a standard 1BR unit for 4800 points, for example. Or even less points for a studio. You can look at the point chart to see the full list of room types and point costs for each season.

Hilton has announced that units at some of new resorts will require more points, but will have extra amenities. For example, the new tower at HHV will require more points, but it also will have a water park available only to those who stay there.

Kurt

na2006

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find HGVC points one will get when you buy a particular season/unit?

NA

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find HGVC points one will get when you buy a particular season/unit?

NA

Just look at the 2 charts in PigsDad's post above.

Look up the resort/week you are purchasing in the 'season chart' to find the season.
Then in the point chart, look up the weekly rate for the type of unit/season being purchased. eg a 2-br in gold season is 5000 points.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Pigsdad was right that not all resorts have all the seasons. In Hawaii where demand is very strong most of the year ~45 weeks are platinum and only 5-7 are gold. HA has no silver or bronze. But in Scotland, the dead of winter has both silver and bronze weeks.

Hope that helps

na2006

TUG Member
Reaction score
The point system has not changed -- not every resort has every season. You can check out the season chart to see all of the resorts and their respective seasons.
Kurt

This is an old seasons chart. I just reveiced fax of new seasons from a HGVC resort but its not a clear print. Anyone has 2007 seasons chart?

Does anyone who has HGVC guide book for 2007 can post HGVC points rules? like how to convert them to HHonors or bank them to next years, etc?

NA

rkdahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone who has HGVC guide book for 2007 can post HGVC points rules? like how to convert them to HHonors or bank them to next years, etc?NA

Convert ClubPoints to HHonorsPoints

From January 1 to December 31, 2007, you may request to convert all of your 2008 ClubPoints to HHonors points. Please refer to the HGVClub Fee Schedule for applicable fees.

Redeem points for a variety of HHonors Rewards.
You may combine your converted HHonors points with HHonors points accumulated through stays at the Hilton family of hotels and HHonors partners for even more vacation options. HHonors points have no expiration date.
The conversion value of ClubPoints to Hilton HHonors points is 23 to 1 (for example, 5,000 ClubPoints = 115,000 HHonors points.)

Last edited:

Maxrocks

Reaction score
Points chart

I am unable to open the link to to points chart, would it be possible for someone to email me a copy directly to maxrocks@yahoo.com. I have been allocated HGVC points in a sweepstakes and would love to use them in the best way possible. I understand that different dates/locations use a different amount of points.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am unable to open the link to to points chart, would it be possible for someone to email me a copy directly to maxrocks@yahoo.com. I have been allocated HGVC points in a sweepstakes and would love to use them in the best way possible. I understand that different dates/locations use a different amount of points.

Any help would be appreciated.

See the members guide, it has points for all resorts....

http://www.hgvc.com/mg.