• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone at WKORV Feb 4th-11th

Jesse N Kristina

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been more than a year since our last visit and we can hardly wait! We will have our 10 year old daughter and my mother-in-law with us. I believe that I saw a thread several months ago that many other tuggers would be there around the same time. It would be nice to meet some new people especially if you have a daughter the same age as ours or a wealthy single 60-65 year old family member or friend that we can introduce to my mother-in-law! :) It is time for her to start dating and what better place than Maui! We look forward to our trip and possibly making some new friends!

Does anyone know if the resort will be doing anything special for the Super Bowl?

Jesse

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
My DW and I will be there Jan 30. thru Feb 13. Sorry but our son is either too old or too young, depending. :D Besides, he won't travel with us anymore now that he is living on his own.
:shrug:

If you want to meet for drinks sometime, let us know.

Last year they had specials at the ocean bar for the game. You could rent a cabana with a TV or reserve a table to watch the game.

We went to the beach instead.

Greg

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be at WKORV-N Jan 30 to Feb 11. We're taking some friends along and don't have set plans for everything yet. We kind of do what feels right for a given day. I'll try to stop by if a get-together is organized during this time. It would probably work best if we do something at one of the two WKORV resorts.

My son will be with us, but as Greg said, too old or too young :)

Henry

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
(I'll be at WKORV-N that week, too) :)

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Given your location and user name, I assume you are a fellow UM alumni. Maybe the new coach can get the team back on track.

I was thinking of a meet at the Ocean Bar one afternoon. Or if you like Mai Tai's, we could all take the bus to the Aloha Mixed Grill (behind the Cannery) for their $3 happy hour. Shall we attempt to set a date now or wait until we all arrive?

We will be there 1/29/11 through 2/12/11 also; would enjoy meeting those whose comments I read!!

lamarjames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not an alum (raised in AA and worked security for football games for many years) but my youngest is; thank goodness those expenses are over! New coach has to help, can't get much worse than its been. Although don't/can't drink would love to meet for coke and/or go to happy hour. We will be arriving late next Saturday and anticipate being out at the pool Sunday. Just look for the 65ish bald guy with no tan.

Jesse N Kristina

TUG Member
Reaction score
We should be up for drinks. My wife loves Mai Tai's and I love plate lunches!

We just sent an RSVP for the Super Bowl at Pailolo Bar & Grill on facebook. To RSVP go to the WKORV facebook page.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV Gathering

Add a couple of Boilermakers to that list! Just post the day and time:cheer:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I'd guess a number of us were able to grab weeks at WKORV during last year's bulk banking for Feb! Anyone using SOs for this week?

lamarjames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, have gone to WKORV the first weeks of Feb. for the last 4-5 years and enjoy that time (away from Michigan winters). Aside from the Tsunami last year this has been an enjoyable time with generally great weather. Again, looking forward to meeting others, Greg, propose a time/place and hopefully we can all meet.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
We decided with my neighbors it would be fun to see the whales around the end of September, called and got the reservation. I am staying one week on Straoptions and 5 nights on Starpoiints. I think the week after I leave would have been difficult to get, but there was good availability for anything before the second week of February.

Jesse N Kristina

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to reserve a table at Pailolo Bar & Grill for the Super Bowl Party let me know and I will give you the email for the gentlemen at the Westin that is taking reservations. We currently have a table reserved for 4, but may have a 2 more attending with us.

Jesse

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
So where's the party this week? :D

Henry

Last edited:

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought Greg, goblue and I should start warming the place up since we're all already here. Not sure if Ken is here too or if he's coming on the weekend.

Henry

waterwiz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been here since the 22nd and are leaving the 5th so I'll miss the festivities on Sunday. I'd be up for a chorus or two of Hail to the Victors though some night this week.

Also, we had the grandkids here last week and have a boogie board if any Tugger staying here this week would like it.

Tony

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I thought Greg, goblue and I should start warming the place up since we're all already here. Not sure if Ken is here too or if he's coming on the weekend.

Henry

I'm on the Friday morning non-stop from LAX... so hopefully will be on-site around check-in time (if not before).

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
How about meeting Thursday, Feb. 3 around 4:00 pm at the Pailolo bar on the North side. That is when Happy Hour starts. If that doesn't work, then another day? We could even do this again next week for the folks coming in after the weekend.

Greg

Jesse N Kristina

TUG Member
Reaction score
We should be there around 4:30 on Friday. Our friend is the GM at the Hyatt so we have dinner reservations there Friday night. We will be at the Pailolo Bar for the game on Sunday. Meeting next week during happy hour sounds like a good idea.

Jesse

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We already have plans for Thursday afternoon, but we are going to the Superbowl party.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
We kind of take it day by day without set plans, but if I'm at the resort I'll be at Pailolo around 4:00 on Thursday.

cdn_traveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, KBV, Raintree
We've been here since the 22nd and are leaving the 5th so I'll miss the festivities on Sunday. I'd be up for a chorus or two of Hail to the Victors though some night this week.

Also, we had the grandkids here last week and have a boogie board if any Tugger staying here this week would like it.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Sent you a PM.

Susan

waterwiz

TUG Member
Reaction score
The boogie board has gone on to a new life. I think Jesse will end up with it next week so look for something from her when she leaves.

Tony

waterwiz

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about meeting Thursday, Feb. 3 around 4:00 pm at the Pailolo bar on the North side. That is when Happy Hour starts. If that doesn't work, then another day? We could even do this again next week for the folks coming in after the weekend.

Greg

Thursday at 4 sounds good to me.