• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

spending Christmas at a Marriott timeshare

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
The Christmas week check-ins start today, so just for fun ...

If you feel like sharing, tell us your experiences of spending Christmas at a Marriott timeshare resort (whether it be this year or a vacation from past years).

And Merry Christmas to all you savvy and helpful TUGgers. I've learned a lot from you since joining TUG. Have a great holiday - wherever you may be spending it.

emt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Family Reunion at Shadow Ridge

For Christmas 2010, we made good use of the Gift-of-Time offer and coordinated a family reunion at Shadow Ridge Villages. With 6, 2-bd units we had family from CA, WA, OR, IL, MA and SC. Others booked independently for just a few nights, and some even drove out for a single afternoon. 3 generations came together to celebrate (we are the middle of the sandwich).

We toned down the gift-giving significantly (packing, travel expense, etc.) and focused on the "gift of time" together :) . The kids were either too young to notice, or old enough to appreciate the vacation. Those of us from cold-weather climates enjoyed the warmth of the sun (high 60's/low 70's during the day) and the kids made use of the pools.

Although most of us prefer to be close to home for the holidays, it was a rare opportunity to have everyone together to celebrate. The benefit of the condos was room to gather with all the necessary amenities of hosting, without any 'one' host bearing the total responsibility. We very much appreciated the nearby Costco and area groceries for ease of prep/planning.

I only wish that wasn't, most likely, our final G.o.T. opportunity- I'd definitely consider a repeat!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all-

El Codo

TUG Member
Reaction score
NCV 18 - 25 Dec

2011 we are currently at NCV. We got in our villa an hour early. Stay has been fine, our first time at Marriott resort.

Three days were spent at Disneyland. On the 21st there was a holiday dinner (we did not attend) for a$20 per adult and $15 pre child.

Great view (3rd flr 3800 bldg). Our last three days will be more around the resort. Mperhaps get some board games and have some fun family time.

We were ale to see my brother-in-law and will get to see some friends coming to NCV today and attend Church together.

Not many gifts gifts given expenses and running my legs off at disnayland to get fast passes :)

Our daughter lost her first tooth at NCV, her older bother is envious :)

Last edited:

aandmrun

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Christmas in New York - Marriott Style

In 2009 we were able to book 6 nights at the New York Residence Inn near Bryant Park with our Marriott Rewards Points that I had saved by giving up the timeshare every other year for a couple of years. It was a wonderful Christmas! We had two units, side by side, one for our daughter and 2 grandchildren and one for us. On Christmas Day we went to the Christmas Spectacular Show at Radio City Music Hall, Christmas Eve we went skating at Rockefeller Center, we also saw a couple of Broadway Shows and took the ferry to Liberty Island. On another day we took the ferry to Statler Island. We walked around Times Square. Being from California, it was great to give our granddaughters the experience of Christmas in New York. Years later they are still talking about this trip. I love my Marriott timeshare because I can use it in so many ways!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing you and the family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have spent Christmas week and New Years weeks the last several years. Mostly at Surfwatch on HHI or Cypress Harbour in Orlando. Highly recommend it. We usually go over to Atlanta for Christmas with our daugnter and then return to HHI. Or, we trade for two or more units and invite family members.

We left HHI today, temp was in 70's. (unusual for this time of year) Now at at Residence Inn in Atlanta. We've found that those holiday weeks are great. Not crowded and easy to get into restaurants or attractions that are difficult during the high season. Trading with a lockoff into the shoulder seasons or off season almost always brings an upgrade. Have traded a two bedroom for a three bedroom several times. You'll be happy with the results if you can get away at that time and you choose places where it's a shoulder or off season.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Specifically bought fixed Christmas and New Year's weeks at the Waiohai in Poipu when we realised that we'd have to vacation during the school break for several years. Christmas in Hawaii is lots of fun! (With both my husband and my parents gone, and our brothers and sisters spread across the country, we've found it's just our nuclear family celebrating)

We typically decorate our house for December with lights, tree and Nativity scene - enjoy it for the month, then leave for HI.

We love the Waimea Christmas parade with lots of locals celebrating and floats mostly made with Costco decorations on trucks and flatbeds. :)
Santa comes in on a canoe Dec. 24th to Kalapaki bay near the Kauai Beach Marriott to a huge crowd.

At the Waiohai itself, they often have crafts or ornaments to make, and a special kids activity day close to Christmas. In years past they've had a Christmas buffet, but this year they are making a "Christmas to go" dinner that you can take back to your room. We decorate the lanai as well.
Then one of our favorite events is the fireworks at Poipu beach for New Year's Eve. You sit on the beach and they seem to be right overhead as they are fired just over the water. Absolutely beautiful!

We keep Christmas itself very low key. We celebrate early morning Mass at St. Rafael Church.. We hang stockings and Santa has a way of filling them with a mixture of Hawaiian and mainland "stuff." Gift giving is minimal as the trip IS the main gift. Sometimes we do gifts when we come back to our house - this year there are some new XBOX/Kinect games that will show up...

Being able to snorkel on Christmas day is so magical to us!!

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waiohai Chrstmas 2012

We always go to Waiohai the first half of December, in fact just returned! But we have booked the last three weeks of December 2012! and now want the time to fly!!!
We were able to use the 13 month reservation for two weeks and use some DC pts to fill in the rest. Now have work on booking air tix with miles for evryone!

Merry Christmas everyone!

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
After spending every other year paying for Christmas vacations for my extended family, I bought 2 holiday weeks at Frenchman's Cove in 2008. This is the first year we haven't gone and I'm sad. The purchase was one of my best decisions ever. Last week we were having an early Christmas celebration and my step granddaughter was looking forward to BBQing and kareoke next year. All the great restaurants in St Thomas and they all love BBQing and then going to kareoke the very best.

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just Returned from Waiohai

Had a chilly and rainy week at Poipu but enjoyed the attempt at Christmas there. Could have bid on a Christmas tree to decorate our room... would have done it if they were ocean-themed.

It was exciting (for me) to see the decorations appear as Christmas approached. I even noted some Jewish window clings! Next time I'll bring some lights for the balcony.

Go to Costco for the best Hawaiian yarn leis and treasures, but I am truly hoping that Santa brings me a trip somewhere truly WARM next year.

Last edited:

rstolker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spending Xmas week at Beach Place in Ft. Lauderdale. Weather is typical for December in south Florida, high 70's, low 80's, mild breeze, ok for sun and surf. The resort is full, as are the clubs and restaurants down the street. MBPCould use some refurb here and there, but still a great place to visit and avoid the snow up north.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
This is our 2nd year at ocean pointe during Christmas week and we absolutely love it! Weather and resort are great. Resort is crowded but there are no negative issues. Had lots of relatives visit us on christmas day (about 16 people) and our two bedroom was great. We moved the party outside to the pool area in the evening for desserts, drinks, cigars and dominos.An awesome time was had by all!:)

davidn247

TUG Member
Reaction score
Christmas at Maui Ocean Club

We just spent 10 days at Maui Ocean Club. First experience under the sun for Dec. holidays. This was truly excellent. Congratulations to all of you that own at this fabulous resort.

I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2012, a particular thanks to the heavy tuggers (dioxide, GregT, Puckman, Sue, etc.) that I leant a lot from in the last year (or so).
:)

taffy19

Reaction score
We just spent 10 days at Maui Ocean Club. First experience under the sun for Dec. holidays. This was truly excellent. Congratulations to all of you that own at this fabulous resort.

I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2012, a particular thanks to the heavy tuggers (dioxide, GregT, Puckman, Sue, etc.) that I leant a lot from in the last year (or so).
:)
Sounds heavenly. :D Do they have Christmas decorations at this resort and in Lahaina too?

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Christmas at Ocean Pointe

We are at Ocean Pointe for the first time. We exchanged thru II with a Sheraton Desert Oasis small 1BR into a studio (we were grateful to get that as an exchange during Christmas week!). We are in the Kingfish building. While it is a little further from the main activities and market, we have our own pool and bar. It is much more peaceful than in the midst of the crowd. We are having a great time!

Last edited:

davidn247

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds heavenly. :D Do they have Christmas decorations at this resort and in Lahaina too?

Decorations are moderate, more visible/present at Whalers' village (lovely small mall by kaanapali beach). We will definitely be back.