• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

transportation from / to Kahului (main) airport

AKE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What is the cheapest way to go to Kaanapali from the airport? Both Roberts and Speedi shuttle charge around $31/person each way. Is there anything cheaper? (staying 6 days on Maui).

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's about a 45 min. drive, so $31 is about the best you are going to get.

However, if you are going to see Maui, you really need a car - I'd apply the shuttle cost to a car rental instead. Maui is very rural and it's difficult to get out and appreciate the island with no car.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We always rent a car so I'm not familiar with other ways to get around. Is there some reason you're not renting a car while you're there?

AKE

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We have been there a number of times before and as we are only there for 6 nights we plan on staying around Kaanapali. The cheapest car rental is close to $400 so I was looking for other options.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We have been there a number of times before and as we are only there for 6 nights we plan on staying around Kaanapali. The cheapest car rental is close to $400 so I was looking for other options.

I imagine if you keep checking you'll find cheaper rates closer to the dates you're going. I can't imagine not having a car, even if I were only staying for a short time.

How many people are you talking about? If you figure $62 round trip per person, at some point a rental car might be cheaper. You might even look into renting a car for just the travel days. That might be cheaper than the shuttle.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.

www.hotwire.com had cheaper rates a couple days ago. Cabs charge a flat rate for up to 4 people I believe.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
What is the cheapest way to go to Kaanapali from the airport? Both Roberts and Speedi shuttle charge around $31/person each way. Is there anything cheaper? (staying 6 days on Maui).

There IS a Kapalua airport pretty near Kaanapali. I assume you're asking about transportation to/from Kahului?

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

Try getting a rental car quote for 7 days and return it early. You might get a cheaper rate. A cab is about $80 one way, so if there are more than 2 of you, it might be the lowest price.