• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ongoing problems with Starwood Villa Finder

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was down all day (at least from ~10:00 am PST) yesterday. I finally emailed someone last night.

-tim

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
It's working fine for me right now.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It worked fine for me both yesterday, and today.

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
It still not working for me. And I tried it in my personal PC, work PC and even my Smartphone. It could be localize to certain areas since an SVN rep confirmed it was down when I called earlier.

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
Maybe just the east 1/2 of the US is down, been down for me all day too.

golf261

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hasn't worked in Indiana for the past 3 days. I did contact SVN yesterday - was told their IT department is working on it, but did not know how long it would take to get it up and going.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Starting about 9:30 last night, it has been up and down for me.

Starwood is a management short-timer. You have to wonder how much time and money they are willing to invest in the system, with only one month left in their tenure.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It's been down for me for the last 3 days. I can't even pull up my confirmed reservations online.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I am in Switzerland, and was able to get onto villa finder with no issues... (and see my reservations). Everything looks normal.

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was online at 11pm CST last night trying to book OF Maui South for 2/4/17. System was up and down for first 15 min. Then it showed me availability and allowed me to get through the first steps of reserving a week. When I tried to complete reservation it said technical difficulties and call for assistance. I went through this same process 4 times. I was finally able to confirm a reservation. It was very frustrating. My time stamp will not be very good for next year.

I called SVN today to advise them of the technical issues and I was told there is nothing wrong with the online system. They are not having any problems. :hysterical: They would not even take an issue report from me. I even advised the rep that I saved all the ID numbers from the failed reservations if that would be of any help.

I hope others don't have the same problem.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hasn't worked in Indiana for the past 3 days. I did contact SVN yesterday - was told their IT department is working on it, but did not know how long it would take to get it up and going.

Similar experience. Reported it and received an "apology" letter today.:)

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weird, it has been working for me. I made and updated a couple of resies this week (over several days and times) and everything works OK. Little slow but that's it.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It came back online for me last night several days of error messages.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Back home - still working... ;)
I will be completing (hopefully) a Home Resort reservation at WKORV soon (Prez week) curious to see how it goes given the high demand.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
So... that was fun.

I just went to reserve Feb11 2017 at WKORV (HomeResort - OFD studio) online EXACTLY at open (9PM PST) and got to submit reservation (after delays), and gave me an error and kicked me out.
Then off/on access to MSC - attempt to get back to online booking. Jammed.

Finally got back to search page, and continued to get multiple errors (technical difficulties try again, one said I had same villa on hold...). Got back to submit page (check terms and conditions) and submitted - error!

went back to search page - and got a error message that said that I cannot make another reservation (and noticed my SOs dropped).

Looked in upcoming stays - and the reservation was there.
Took 30 minutes (and a lot of swearing...)

The online booking system is having problems with overload.

I understand from another that WKORV HomeResort reservations since Jan1 have been challenging.
Well... at least I got it.

maph

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting something, David. I've been trying for the last hour, from the second that Feb 11 showed up on the calendar, and never once saw any available inventory for my OFC week. Looks like I'm screwed!

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting something, David. I've been trying for the last hour, from the second that Feb 11 showed up on the calendar, and never once saw any available inventory for my OFC week. Looks like I'm screwed!

I had similar issue. I got 3 result ID numbers over a 30 min period and all failed to complete the reservation. Very frustrating. We have only one week of our two week trip for 2017.:wall:

To make matters worse, after sending SVN an email outlining the issues I had last week, I received an email back saying they had fixed the issues.

maph

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had similar issue. I got 3 result ID numbers over a 30 min period and all failed to complete the reservation. Very frustrating. We have only one week of our two week trip for 2017.:wall:

To make matters worse, after sending SVN an email outlining the issues I had last week, I received an email back saying they had fixed the issues.

Were you trying for OFC too? I never got to the point of having it fail - just absolutely nothing showed up. I did have exactly the same problems last week as David had tonight, but was able to get a week after a number of 'system error' messages.

I too now have a hole in next year's Hawaii vacation! Maybe Mexico...

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you trying for OFC too? I never got to the point of having it fail - just absolutely nothing showed up. I did have exactly the same problems last week as David had tonight, but was able to get a week after a number of 'system error' messages.

I too now have a hole in next year's Hawaii vacation! Maybe Mexico...

Yes, I was trying to book OFC, either side. It showed availability and gave me result ID numbers which just adds to my frustration. I understand no availability, but it is unacceptable for the system to show me availability and then fail to reserve it for me after multiple attempts.

Good luck with your vacation hole. I may need to rent David's villa for 2/11/17!:whoopie: