• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Room request question

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our owner friends made a reservation 12 months out for Thanksgiving week, but needed an additional lock-off for family, so they rented a room for them.

Question: what's the best way to try and get the owner 2br OV and the rental lock-off either together or relatively close (same floor?). They don't want to lose their time stamp priority made 12 months in advance, but want to request that the additional lock-off room be as close as possible to them.

I thought I read somewhere that making an inquiry about room preference would change the time stamp.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't think it will change the timestamp, but they need to decide if keeping the best view for the first unit is their first priority, or if having the rooms close together is their first priority. Because asking for them to be close together may move the 2 bdm. closer to the rental, rather than the rental closer to the 2 bdm. Is the rental in the OV category?

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the rental in the OV category?

I'll ask tomorrow. Hadn't thought about the room category for the rental. It's only 9pm Maui time, but feels like midnight PST since we came from PST.

But does even asking if a room request was previously made change the time stamp? I thought I read conflicting opinions here on this board.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Requesting Unit Nearby

Two years ago DH's elderly parents went along. We used Staroptions for their unit. We requested ajoining or nearby. We actually got two different buildings. We asked if they could get us closer together but the said they could not. They were always lost trying to find their room.

Kamehameha

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WPORV, SMV
I would say get there as early as possible on check in day and ask. We've actually managed to get a studio and 1-bed in separate reservations joined into a lock off twice, and both times, kept the best view of the 2. But they weren't holiday weeks. Another time we had the option of cheapening the view or just putting them on the same floor (which we took - the 8 month out reservation wound up looking away from the pool, 12 months had the resort/ocean view)