• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVV this week

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be there in March, and can't wait! Can you please let us know if the new pool area is open and what ever else is going on at the resort?
Thanks, Sue

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
We will be there in March, and can't wait! Can you please let us know if the new pool area is open and what ever else is going on at the resort?
Thanks, Sue

wow! us too! And yes, please let us know everything that is going on!

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
just got back from SVV,we stayed in St Augustine section. the units are really beautiful. flat screen tv's, bose stereo, granite counter tops, large whirlpool and very large shower 2 separate sinks in the bathroom.
the kitchen island is huge and has the sink and DW in it. there is a booth type chair on the wall side of the dining room table plus chairs on the other 3 sides.

the pirate pool is supposed to be opening sometime in the beginning of 2010. it looks finished. the kids will love it.

went to an "owners update" because the guy who signs you up told me that there will be changes in the stapoints for owners. so i went and was again misled. told the guy that i have no need to buy anything and apologized for wasting his time. we had a free breakfast, got 5000 starpoints and we were out of there in less than an hour.

had a great time.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
just got back from SVV,we stayed in St Augustine section. the units are really beautiful. flat screen tv's, bose stereo, granite counter tops, large whirlpool and very large shower 2 separate sinks in the bathroom.
the kitchen island is huge and has the sink and DW in it. there is a booth type chair on the wall side of the dining room table plus chairs on the other 3 sides.

the pirate pool is supposed to be opening sometime in the beginning of 2010. it looks finished. the kids will love it.

went to an "owners update" because the guy who signs you up told me that there will be changes in the stapoints for owners. so i went and was again misled. told the guy that i have no need to buy anything and apologized for wasting his time. we had a free breakfast, got 5000 starpoints and we were out of there in less than an hour.

had a great time.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to SVV tomorrow. It sounds like we will probably be in St. Augustine. Should be a fun week!:cheer:

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
We are going to SVV tomorrow. It sounds like we will probably be in St. Augustine. Should be a fun week!:cheer:
Have a wonderful time! Give us the scoop when you get back!

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
we had a free breakfast, got 5000 starpoints and we were out of there in less than an hour.

had a great time.

Is it true you got only 5000 starpoints? Is it normal? If I remember correctly, I had much better starpoints offer for Lagunamar presentation when I visited there last time?
Other than that, thank you for your info!!
I've never been SVV before, but will be there soon!

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it true you got only 5000 starpoints? Is it normal? If I remember correctly, I had much better starpoints offer for Lagunamar presentation when I visited there last time?
Other than that, thank you for your info!!
I've never been SVV before, but will be there soon!

only got 5000 starpoints. other places give different amounts.

CanadianLawyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea
SVV presentation this morning

We did the owner update this morning for the 5000 points.

Our impression is that the salespeople are a lot more desperate than they were earlier this year. We were offered both SP and 2010 SO - first time that we have been offered additional SO for a purchase.

Couple of factoids.

Salesperson told us pool and main building at St. Augustine would be open late February or early March, but we heard another salesperson say it would be "sometime in March or April." Since we have been told every time we have been at SVV for the past 18 months that the new area would be open before our next trip, I'm taking both statements with a big grain of salt.

Conflicting information about what SVV was going to do about new restaurant facilities - we have always heard that the SVO sales area was going to be moved out of the main building and relocated in St. Augustine, but today we were told vaguely that this may have changed. Something has to be done about the totally inadequate restaurant facilities at SVV.

Lastly, we told the salesperson that the week we have here was a resale that we upgraded. She told me "Starwood doesn't allow that anymore." I didn't cross-examine about what this was supposed to mean. I haven't seen anything on here about any change in respect of the treatment of resales, so I assumed this was the usual BS, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has heard the same thing.

Other than that, Central Florida is cool but sunny and the parks are absolutely jammed! :eek:

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is causing the delay in opening the new pool area? Those of you that have stayed in the new St.Augustine section did you request to be there, and if so how far ahead of your arrival. We are going in March and I would like to stay in the new section, Do I call the front desk directly to request or should I call owner services? I sure hope the new pool is open when we get there. Sue

CanadianLawyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea
SVV New Pool

What is causing the delay in opening the new pool area? Those of you that have stayed in the new St.Augustine section did you request to be there, and if so how far ahead of your arrival. We are going in March and I would like to stay in the new section, Do I call the front desk directly to request or should I call owner services? I sure hope the new pool is open when we get there. Sue

The pool looks ready to go (water is in both pool and hot tubs) but I suspect that SVO put the water in to make the pool look more attractive from the model suites in building 23. :rolleyes: My guess is that the pool is not going to be open until the main St. Augustine building is open. It's hard to tell the status of the building construction at this point (in August we were able to wander outside and peer through the windows at the barren first floor, but the area is barricaded off now, likely because of the danger from the full, but non-operative, pool), so the building could be ready tomorrow or not for months.

I'm guessing that the timing of the St Augustine main building opening will have something to do with whether Starwood decides to move the sales office and on overall demand for SVV. Despite being told that SVV was full for weeks 51 and 52, it doesn't appear that the parking is at capacity and we were able to get our second week here (a rental) changed from a 2 BR to a LO without too much trouble. I can't see SVO rushing to open a big new building (and assume the additional costs that go with it) if the rest of the resort is not that busy.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)

I am not sure what is causing the delay, but I do know that St. Augustine amenties will be open as early as February 2010. We are also going to SVV in March. About a month ago, we switched to a two-bedroom and requested St. Augustine. You do this by calling Owner Services. They put it in the notes.

bward

TUG Member
Reaction score
SVV's Restaurant

So, where is the Vistana Villages restaurant going to be located? And what happens to the current deli?

We own at SVV, have only been there once (2004). We attended the Owner's Update that year and I remember telling them that I thought the resort could use a full service restaurant. I was told that wasn't in the cards for SVV.

Here we are six years later, there's still no sit down restaurant, but at least it's under consideration.

Maybe when the economy comes back....:)

bward

CanadianLawyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea
So, where is the Vistana Villages restaurant going to be located? And what happens to the current deli?

We own at SVV, have only been there once (2004). We attended the Owner's Update that year and I remember telling them that I thought the resort could use a full service restaurant. I was told that wasn't in the cards for SVV.

Here we are six years later, there's still no sit down restaurant, but at least it's under consideration.

Maybe when the economy comes back....:)

bward

My understanding from a number of conversations over the last year is that the plan was to move the sales center to the top of the main St Augustine building and renovate the current sales center space, likely to include more dining and fitness facilities. However, the story keeps changing (including now the possibility that the move of the sales center will not happen) and it's anyone's guess what the final configuration will be. I'm not sure that SVO thinks it can make enough money with an expanded restaurant facility to make the renovation worthwhile. We'll just have to wait a couple of years and see what happens.

bward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts on this.

I would have to think that a full service restaurant at SVV would do well, as it would give families another dining option. And after a full day in the parks, running around in the hot sun, I think the idea of eating at SVV instead of getting in the car and driving somewhere else, would appeal to many people.

Of course, I'm only dealing in theory here. But it just makes sense to me.

bward

My understanding from a number of conversations over the last year is that the plan was to move the sales center to the top of the main St Augustine building and renovate the current sales center space, likely to include more dining and fitness facilities. However, the story keeps changing (including now the possibility that the move of the sales center will not happen) and it's anyone's guess what the final configuration will be. I'm not sure that SVO thinks it can make enough money with an expanded restaurant facility to make the renovation worthwhile. We'll just have to wait a couple of years and see what happens.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Technically, they do have Flagler's Station, which offers sit-down service. Though, it has terrible service. When i was there last March, we were told that they were going to move the little marketplace into St. Augustine, as well as build a new restaurant.