• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Westin in Maui?

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're at the Sheraton currently. Shuttle seems to get some use. Makes the rounds every hour from about 10AM until 10PM. Basically stops at 11PM as the return trip from the last pick-up point leaves at about 10:45 and returns you. DW is 'working' until Sat so we're not renting a car until then.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to post off-topic, but all my favorite Hawaii owners appear to be on this thread. If we're staying at the Hyatt for 4 nights (as part of a multi-islnad trip), do we need a car ... taking into consideration the taxi costs to/from the airport and parking costs at the Hyatt (guessing $25/day or something like that)? We're going to be doing a lot of exploring on the Big Island and Kauai .... and are sort of thinking as Maui as the "relax by the beach/pool" part of the vacation. Would we miss anything great?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Would we miss anything great?

I, personally, would forego a car on Oahu before I'd forego a car on Maui. First of all, the airport on Maui is quite a ways away from the Hyatt (3/4 to 1.5 hours depending on traffic), so the shuttle prices aren't going to be cheap. But I don't know how much the Hyatt charges for parking, and gas is admittedly expensive.

Starwood has a nice shuttle that runs from Lahaina (where you'll want to eat and attend the "Warren and Annabelle" show <-Trust me on this) to WKORV. If they Hyatt has a similar shuttle, where you'd be able to get to Lahaina, then you'd probably be okay without a car for 4 days, especially if you intend on being a lounge lizard.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to post off-topic, but all my favorite Hawaii owners appear to be on this thread. If we're staying at the Hyatt for 4 nights (as part of a multi-islnad trip), do we need a car ... taking into consideration the taxi costs to/from the airport and parking costs at the Hyatt (guessing $25/day or something like that)? We're going to be doing a lot of exploring on the Big Island and Kauai .... and are sort of thinking as Maui as the "relax by the beach/pool" part of the vacation. Would we miss anything great?

If you've never been to Maui before it's a great island to explore areas like Kapalua, Wailea and Hana. However for a 4 night visit I think you could be very content just staying at the Hyatt. You can walk to Whaler's Village for restaurants & shopping. There are shuttles available into Lahaina.

I've never taken the shuttle from the airport at OGG, but my DIL took it last spring for around $60. I doubt the second passenger would pay the same price.

I've always rented a car in Hawaii but my last trip to Maui I didn't. My friend stayed with me and she had a car. I went with her to the grocery store, Kapalua, Lahaina & Wailea, etc. but kept thinking to myself "I'd be fine here without a car". She offered me the use of her car or to take me places but I never saw the need. I used the shuttle from the Westin Villas to the Westin Hotel several times.

Considering the expense of a car, parking & gas and that you intend to relax by the pool/beach on Maui, I would suggest you'd be fine without a car.

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score

Looking at the Hyatt website, it looks like self-parking is free:

http://maui.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/services/parking/index.jsp

I'm guessing they include it in the resort fee much like the neighboring Sheraton and Westin. That being the case, I think it absolutely makes sense to rent a car there. You can rent a car these days for around $20 a day including taxes and junk fees. I'm guessing that will cost less than the price of a shuttle for a couple people.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at WKORV now. The charge for parking is $7 per day here. The Sheraton and Westin also charge for parking. We used Maui Executive Transportation' shuttle. I think it was $60 one way plus tip for two people. If they want a car for a few days the can rent from Enterprise at the Sheraton Maui.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like we could get by without one ... but I'm sure we'll pull ourselves off the lounges for one day. Sightseeing plus $120ish for airport transportation means it will probably be economically smart to just get the car. Thanks everyone.

Four + weeks between Hawaii and St John -- I'm sooooo excited! Less than 4 months until blast off!

lakeshearers

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at WKORV now. The charge for parking is $7 per day here. The Sheraton and Westin also charge for parking. We used Maui Executive Transportation' shuttle. I think it was $60 one way plus tip for two people. If they want a car for a few days the can rent from Enterprise at the Sheraton Maui.

I don't remember ever paying for parking at WKORV - is this a new charge?:confused:

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I don't remember ever paying for parking at WKORV - is this a new charge?:confused:

I sure hope not. On top of $2400 in MFs and the Hawaii Occupancy Tax of what, $15/day, I don't want to pay $7/day parking!

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't remember ever being charged before for a garage fee, but we did not get a car when we were here last year.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned from WKORV-N a week ago and was not charged for parking. I was there using an AC and I'm not a Starwood owner. The occupancy tax has gone up to over $12 per day!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
DON'T PANIC! ;)

I'm at WKORV-N right now, and there is no parking fee.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

If you're flying to Maui from another island (as opposed to a direct flight here from the mainland) you might consider flying into Kapalua-West Maui Airport, especially if you end up not renting a car. That airport is just north of WKORV, and I'm sure a taxi to the Hyatt wouldn't be too expensive.

FWIW, I rented a mid-size (and got a full-size, since they were out of mid's) from Alamo via Priceline just two days before arriving for $13/day + taxes/fees, from OGG. Renting a car from Kapalua-West Maui Airport is probably a bit higher, but there are all the regular rental companies here, too. (I had to replace my car at that location last year when the wiper blades stopped functioning... and it was raining...).

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV Parking Fee

DON'T PANIC! ;)

I'm at WKORV-N right now, and there is no parking fee.

I'm at WKORV right now. The front desk person told me when we checked in that there is a $7 per day fee for the parking garage. When I saw your note, I called the front desk just now to check. They confirmed that it is $7 per day and that does apply to owners. She said it was recently implemented within the last year.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're flying to Maui from another island (as opposed to a direct flight here from the mainland) you might consider flying into Kapalua-West Maui Airport, especially if you end up not renting a car. That airport is just north of WKORV, and I'm sure a taxi to the Hyatt wouldn't be too expensive.

FWIW, I rented a mid-size (and got a full-size, since they were out of mid's) from Alamo via Priceline just two days before arriving for $13/day + taxes/fees, from OGG. Renting a car from Kapalua-West Maui Airport is probably a bit higher, but there are all the regular rental companies here, too. (I had to replace my car at that location last year when the wiper blades stopped functioning... and it was raining...).

Thanks Ken -- i had no idea the other airport was closer. You inspired me to check Hyatt's website for transportation information and here's what it says:

To/From Kahului Airport:

* Speedy Airport Shuttle:
Reservations to our Maui airport hotel should be booked 48 hours in advance.
Call a reservation agent or book online at
http://speedishuttle.com/
Toll Free: 1.877.242.5777
Upon arrival guest should check in at the speedishuttle counter
located in baggage claim.

Cost: Approximately $45.00 for one person, with $6.00 - $10.00 increments for each additional family member.

* Executive Shuttle: Guests call: 800-833-2303 and 808-669-2300. Families of 8 and more should call for rates. Group rates are available upon request.
www.mauishuttle.com

Cost: Approximately $45.00 for one person, $52.00 for two people, $55.00 for three people, $57.00 for four people, $60 for five people, $66 for six people and $84 for 7 people. An additional $5.00 charge is assessed if guest will be paying by credit card.

* Taxi: Service is available in the baggage claim area.
Cost: Approximately $88.00 (up to four people with luggage)

* Rental Car: Avis, Hertz, and Budget rental desks are adjacent to baggage claim. These offices remain open until the last flight arrives.

To & From Kapalua-West Maui Airport:

* Rental Car: Budget, or Dollar Rent-A-Car are available nearby the terminal. Enterprise is located at the Sheraton, and Hertz is located at Hyatt Regency Maui, as well on Honoapiilani Highway in Lahaina

* Taxi: Service is available outside baggage claim area.
Cost: Approximately $20.00 one way. The ride should take about 10 minutes

* Executive Shuttle: see contact info above.

Cost: Approximately $10.00 for one person, $13.00 for two people, $15.00 for three people, $17.00 for four people, $19 for five people, $21 for six people and $23 for 7 people. An additional $5.00 charge is assessed if guest will be paying by credit card.

For transportation to any of the area airports from the hotel, please stop by our concierge desk to make arrangements in advance of your departure.

Area Transportation:

* Shuttle service is available from our hotel near Maui airport to Ka'anapali’s Whalers Village. Whalers Village Shopping Center is one of Maui's most popular places for shopping, dining, live entertainment and all-around good times by the sea.

I'm not opposed to renting for cost reasons (your priceline deal was terrific!) -- I just find beach vacations simpler without a car. Perhaps we'll take a taxi from the closer airport and then use the Hertz desk in the hotel for one day of sightseeing.

Thanks again to all who helped -- you've given me lots to think about.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I'm at WKORV right now. The front desk person told me when we checked in that there is a $7 per day fee for the parking garage. When I saw your note, I called the front desk just now to check. They confirmed that it is $7 per day and that does apply to owners. She said it was recently implemented within the last year.

I have a car here right now. I was not informed of any parking fee when I arrived, and will dispute any should it be on my folio. I was here in September, and we had two cars and no fee (in fact, the front desk happily gave us another parking permit). If I hear otherwise when I check-out I'll update this thread.

FYI, the $7 may be for valet. I don't know, since I've always self-parked.

Last edited:

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a car here right now. I was not informed of any parking fee when I arrived, and will dispute any should it be on my folio. I was here in September, and we had two cars and no fee (in fact, the front desk happily gave us another parking permit). If I hear otherwise when I check-out I'll update this thread.

FYI, the $7 may be for valet. I don't know, since I've always self-parked.

She said it was for parking in the garage. Guess what? When we cheched out this morning there were no charges on my bill for parking. Sounds like the front desk people were confused

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just left the Sheraton. It was $45 for the 1st person and an additional $5 for each extra person in a group both to and from the airport with Executive shuttle. Some friends took a taxi and it was $90 for two. The Sheraton apparently just changed to a $25 fee to cover several other fees such as parking and internet. (Our bill only shows a $14.58 per day resort charge but they had a printed brochure/note about the change and I overheard some complaints about the charge.)