• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with Hyatt

Bill4728

Reaction score
We at the sedona Hyatt right now and looking at the program.

What do you lose with Hyatt resales?

They want $24K for 1900 pts and $14K for EOY.

TIA

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Bill, You lose hardly anything with buying a resale. We purchased from Hyatt and then rescinded. All Hyatt points are equal and you can purchase 1800 points in Key West at the Beach House for around $12,500. It is very easy to trade between the Hyatts as long as you have enough points for the size and season of unit you want. Check out these two web sites -
www.bywindkal.com and for good resale listings check www.timeshare-keywest.com The only thing you lose from not buying from Hyatt is the ability to convert your points to the Hyatt Gold Passport program. I did the Math and it is not really a good value for your money to convert to Passport points for Hotel stays. You get much more value by converting to II points and trading. We usually trade a portion of your points for ski and use the remaining for summer vacation with kids. Last year we traded 1300 points with II, made a request one year out for one specific week and got confirmation within an record time of 8 days! We got week 11 at The Grand Timber Lodge in Breck, 2 bedroom, sleeps eight with a rental vaule of $450.00 per night! So, needless to say I love Hyatt and you will not go wrong with a Hyatt purchase. They are not cheap but a Hyatt II deposit will get you just about anywhere. And of course if you stay within the Hyatt program the units are always wonderful. Check out Kal's page and he has great information about how many points you may need.

All Hyatt points are equal within the system, my Key West points are not any different then Sedona or Lake Tahoe points.

S

Steamboat Bill

Interesting...I have not considered Hyatt...perhaps it is time to revaluate them.

But there are only 12 properties and 4 of them are in Key West.

Last edited by a moderator:

Floridaski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
We do not know if that e-bay sale passed Right of first refusal. Nobody would know unless they were the buyer or seller. Generally Hyatt will NOT allow a unit to be sold at less then around .60 cents of the orginal sale vaule. This is for low demand 1300-1400 point weeks. I think a high demand Christmas or Holiday week might need a higher sale to pass ROFR. Hyatt has Windward Point units in Key West they are trying to sell. So, currently The Beach House is a great value. Once Windward is sold out, all bets are off. Hyatt might start using ROFR on many more weeks.

Yes you can use points from more then one week, but you would have 2 MF and Hyatt MF are some of the highest in the industry. So, I would suggest trying to purchase all the points you think you will need with one week. They keep the points in seperate accounts and you would also have to pay for 2 II memberships. But for example, lets say you want to go to Beaver Creek in the winter. You need 2000 points, you would want to use your oldest points first and then if you were short you could pull from the next oldest. Hyatt does have a unique system of points you will want to look at Kal's page. You have to be careful and not let the points get into the LCUP or Limited Club Use Period. You are then limited within a 60 day reservation window to be used only at Hyatt. I had some points fall into this period, Hyatt was very helpful and they did not let the points go unused - they were very helpful in making sure I got the reservation I wanted. So, do not let this scare you - just be aware of the system.

Bill4728

Reaction score
RE hyatt MF

the Sedona Hyatt we just toured had MF which were fixed for all units, season and sizes. EVERYONE pays $800/year. This isn't bad if you have a 2 bd during platinum season (2000 Pts) but not so good if you own a 2 bd during bronse season (1000 pts).

Last edited:

Floridaski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
All Hyatts have a fixed MF regardless of the season. It may vary only slightly with unit size, but a 2000 point week is going to have the same MF as the 1300 point week. That is one reason why it makes sense to purchase the most points you need or can afford. The week you purchase still has the same fixed costs as any other week, the demand may just be slightly different. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steamboat Bill said:
But there are only 12 properties and 4 of them are in Key West.

3 are in Key West.
Others are in: Puerto Rico, Bonita Springs, San Antonio, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, Aspen, Sedona, Carmel, and Lake Tahoe.
Unofficially, new resorts are to be built at Stowe Vt, Maui, and So Calif coast.