• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WEEKS owners - FACTS/QUESTIONS - new RCI Program

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Moved post

Could you please tell me where my post was moved to. Thank you.

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
What they have said is trading power of your existing deposit has not changed. It is what it is. But they have re-evaluated trading power for each resort and each week, which means that what you are CURRENTLY able to trade INTO has changed, since values for other resorts changed. Or a FUTURE deposit may have considerably different trading power from an EXISTING deposit, for the same resort and same week.

They (RCI) lied pure and simple, no doubt what so ever.
I had a 2010 deposit that was pulling 140,000 resorts and now sees 65,000.
Case closed.

This resort saw almost everything available, certainly not the case now.

RCI website is still buggy even at 2AM EST.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
It doesn't seem to matter what unit # you use - it will give you a list of acceptable unit numbers, just choose one.

I suppose it could make a slight difference at some resorts if certain specific units are larger, but I doubt it.

I did notice that the system seems to have some knowledge of the check-in day of particular unit numbers. I tried to change the date on my reserved unit to see if I was one or two days late for the 90 day deposit point and it wouldn't let me. It knew the unit was a Friday check-in.

Sheila

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
OnGoing Search Issues

I have an ongoing search for generic WA inland and WA coastal. This is visible when I click on the ongoing search tab. It is overridden with that revolving circle and statement, "please wait while we retrieve your results..."

What is not shown is the individual resorts I have added for a different location and time period!!

Anyone having similar results if you have an ongoing search in place?

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
It does look like we were able to trade up previously.

I went back through some of my confirmed exchanges to check to see how my pre-upgrade trades had been. Although I can only see what the trading powers for the intervals are now, not what trading power my deposit had and what trading power the exchanged unit was when I did the exchange, I think it's safe to assume that they wouldn't have changed all that much. All of these were fairly recent.

In one, I appear to have traded down (20->17). I'm actually okay with this one, because I traded within the same resort, going from a 1BR in a peak season to a 3BR in an off season. For all the others, I appear to have traded up, sometimes substantially (27->29, 25->29, 23->29, 19->29, 23->29 and 13->17). The 19->29 was exchanging from a 1BR in Branson with a partial kitchen on a holiday week to a 2BR DVC unit during Spring Break.

I think this clearly shows that we WERE able to trade up before, where now it takes combining to trade up.

While trading up for free is nice (and I certainly took advantage of it), I think I prefer the way it is now. I don't mind paying what for what I get. I still get a tremendous value. And combining, I'm able to get much better quality, more consistently.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm coming to a similar conclusion. However, I'm also finding weeks in the spacebank where the calculated deposit value is higher than the value assigned to the actual spacebanked week. I'm not entirely sure what's going on there, but it is curious.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I search for alot of the short dated weeks with my points. I can't find them now, since RCI has had 3 days to change everything. Can anybody tell me in a few simple steps how to search for the short dated weeks? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Are you talking about RCI Points, or RCI Weeks? Searching by date in RCI Weeks hasn't changed.

Bourne

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went back through some of my confirmed exchanges to check to see how my pre-upgrade trades had been. Although I can only see what the trading powers for the intervals are now, not what trading power my deposit had and what trading power the exchanged unit was when I did the exchange, I think it's safe to assume that they wouldn't have changed all that much. All of these were fairly recent.

In one, I appear to have traded down (20->17). I'm actually okay with this one, because I traded within the same resort, going from a 1BR in a peak season to a 3BR in an off season. For all the others, I appear to have traded up, sometimes substantially (27->29, 25->29, 23->29, 19->29, 23->29 and 13->17). The 19->29 was exchanging from a 1BR in Branson with a partial kitchen on a holiday week to a 2BR DVC unit during Spring Break.

I think this clearly shows that we WERE able to trade up before, where now it takes combining to trade up.

While trading up for free is nice (and I certainly took advantage of it), I think I prefer the way it is now. I don't mind paying what for what I get. I still get a tremendous value. And combining, I'm able to get much better quality, more consistently.

where do you see this.. I had to call in for mine...

I get it now... I was hoping for a report format.

Last edited:

itisme

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so

So far, I see two things we've lost:

1) Exchange Priority. For one of my deposits, I had exchange priority into the same resort group. My lower value deposit was able to see stuff that a higher trading value deposit couldn't see. That's no longer the case. Hopefully this is just a temporary oversight.

It will suck if exchange priority within the same resort group is gone. :wall:

I have traded my pink VV @ Parkway for Summer VV @ Berkshires and Massanutten in the past and getting some value out of this. I don't have a VV @ Parkway deposit to actually check that priority to pull any week within VV Group is now gone.

DanM

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonder if the prospective values will change?

"My PnP week26 currently deposited yields 37 points. However, the value for the same week available for future deposit is valued at 34 Both weeks are over the 4th of July holiday, so why the discrepancy? "

Similar here. My current deposits, New Years and Presidents Week units at the same New Hampshire resort, are both rated 25. The deposit offer for Christmas 2011 is 19 and Pres. Week 2012 is 21. (Meanwhile, the exchange planner rates both as 17 as it doesn't show the difference for holiday weeks).

What I am wondering is if the deposit point offer won't change over time with inventory? RCI always used to say that was a factor. So, for example, if a resort bulk deposited, would the points offered drop until the inventory was absorbed?

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
where do you see this.. I had to call in for mine...

I get it now... I was hoping for a report format.
I used the Deposit Calculator and looked at the trading value for both sides of my exchanges (my deposit and the week I got) for all my confirmed exchanges.

One thing I didn't do in my calculations... I know that some of my deposits might have been at 95%, 90% or 80% (and one at 60%) of the listed value because of when they were deposited, but I didn't bother figuring that out. Most of the units I exchanged into should have been at 100% or 95%.

itisme

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I am still not clear is whether a trading power of a deposit will be same as the trading power required to pull that same deposit.

Say I deposit Resort X, Week 52, more than 9 months out. I am assigned 20 points. When another member wants to exchange into this same week (Resort X, Week 52) will he/she be needing 20 points to exchange into (other than for last call)?

I was under the impression the answer is No. But I am not sure now.

Ok now that I had time to play around with the new system, the answer is No.

My Week 52/2011 CH 1BD deposit is giving me 26 points. The same week (Week 52/2011) is available for exchange for 15 points. Not that I am complaining :D .

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I am wondering is if the deposit point offer won't change over time with inventory? RCI always used to say that was a factor. So, for example, if a resort bulk deposited, would the points offered drop until the inventory was absorbed?
I would assume that it *will* fluctuate over time. This makes it important to know the "baseline" value of your deposit, so you will recognize if this is a bad (or good) time to pull the trigger.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

I will be very interested to see the answer to this question.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used the Deposit Calculator and looked at the trading value for both sides of my exchanges (my deposit and the week I got) for all my confirmed exchanges.

One thing I didn't do in my calculations... I know that some of my deposits might have been at 95%, 90% or 80% (and one at 60%) of the listed value because of when they were deposited, but I didn't bother figuring that out. Most of the units I exchanged into should have been at 100% or 95%.

Wouldn't you have to use the "vacation planner calculator" for the received exchange value? The deposit calc gives what the depositor receives/received, not what the "buyer" has to pay to get it. As ITISME posted, he received more for his deposit than it costs to re-book it... and of course others have posted where it re-booking the exact week costs more.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Is anyone else, who has a Mac, having problems with:
tracking power adjusting schedule
deposit calculator
exchange planner
all under the Manage Your Deposits?
Also under Search for a Vacation:
click to change....and no change from the exchange only, bookable only?
I have no popup blocker on.
Thanks,
Ron

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, I'm running Safari 5.0.2, on top of Snow Leopard (10.6) and those things mostly seem to work.

Try resetting Safari (including all cookies, etc.) and see if that helps.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Instead of ''trading up'' then, you are more likely seeing examples of RCI moving the goalposts on numbers now. In SA, many people are seeing weeks that deposited in the past still showing the values when deposited which are higher than the new Points Lite numbers they are offered now. SA was clearly whacked pretty hard.

The exceptions of course would be last minute trades when the short shelf life caused the value to dive from what it had been at one time or bulkbankings which arbitrarily flooded the market causing the supply / demand curve to get out of whack and thus made bargain prices availible.

In the old system, unless you had a situation like one of those, you could only marginally trade up within a band, which was fair and made sense because there is no way to fairly and honestly value every week to the detail of an exact number. So if the calculator gives you those values now and it was not a last minute or bulkbanking situation, that simply shows another instance of RCI moving the goalposts when they said they would not.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the grid system of valuation that RCI is using for Points Lite, where they give the same value for example to all weeks between 11 and 21 inclusive on the OBX, the odds of much adjustment for supply and demand just do not seem to be there. I suspect the difference in the valuations of previously deposited weeks and what it shows for new deposits is simply a result of RCI moving the goalposts on values. Those valuation changes that came in with this system are quite common in some parts of the world like SA.

"My PnP week26 currently deposited yields 37 points. However, the value for the same week available for future deposit is valued at 34 Both weeks are over the 4th of July holiday, so why the discrepancy? "

Similar here. My current deposits, New Years and Presidents Week units at the same New Hampshire resort, are both rated 25. The deposit offer for Christmas 2011 is 19 and Pres. Week 2012 is 21. (Meanwhile, the exchange planner rates both as 17 as it doesn't show the difference for holiday weeks).

rpennisi

Reaction score
Ron, I'm running Safari 5.0.2, on top of Snow Leopard (10.6) and those things mostly seem to work.

Try resetting Safari (including all cookies, etc.) and see if that helps.

Thanks bnoble...that worked like a charm!
Ron

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My PnP week26 currently deposited yields 37 points. However, the value for the same week available for future deposit is valued at 34:confused: Both weeks are over the 4th of July holiday, so why the discrepancy?

Same here, regarding my week 26 ownership in New England (different resort). I already exchanged my 2011 wk, but I can look it up as if it hadn't been, and it assigns its current value at 32, w/max of 34. But my 2012 undeposited week would only get 26 currently. (Think I'll hang onto that for awhile...)

It may make a difference that our 2011 weeks begin in month of July, whereas 2012 and 2013 will begin in June, and maybe they automatically rate June-beginning wks lower than July-beginning wks, even tho they all span July 4th.

And yes, I'm almost certain these values will change over time, depending upon their current inventory - of course they could go either way - hopefully some will get higher, as in the max 34 quoted above - which is how RCI has operated for some time.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
It may make a difference that our 2011 weeks begin in month of July, whereas 2012 and 2013 will begin in June, and maybe they automatically rate June-beginning wks lower than July-beginning wks, even tho they all span July 4th.
They do seem to adjust properly for moving holidays (a similar issue to yours). I looked at one resort that got a great TP for weeks 51 and 52 for 2010. For 2011, week 51 is low because it doesn't include Christmas and weeks 52 and 53 get the high TP.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own weeks that have traded with RCI and can't find them - I can't manage to input Welk Mountain Villas at all. Any suggestions?
Liz