• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for Technical Assistance [Ipad wifi]

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
reaching out to fellow Tuggers for assistance. Yesterday afternoon the wifi on my Ipad stopped working. Here is the issue - we locate our home network but when I enter password, it says "cannot join the network." I "forgot" the network on my cell phone , then rejoined using same password and had no trouble so password must be correct. I also went to Panera's and was immediately able to log into wifi there. I spent 1/2 hr plus on the phone with Apple support but was too tired to continue. We did try to reset networks but nada, zippo.
Any ideas?????????

blakebr

TUG Member
Reaction score
reaching out to fellow Tuggers for assistance. Yesterday afternoon the wifi on my Ipad stopped working. Here is the issue - we locate our home network but when I enter password, it says "cannot join the network." I "forgot" the network on my cell phone , then rejoined using same password and had no trouble so password must be correct. I also went to Panera's and was immediately able to log into wifi there. I spent 1/2 hr plus on the phone with Apple support but was too tired to continue. We did try to reset networks but nada, zippo.
Any ideas?????????

I have 4 routers running to cover my house. I have discovered that not all things like all routers. I have discovered that N technology is the most incompatible of the protocols. I have had to turn N off on all my routers to get a stable network. I have everything set to B/G and things work much better. There are still some makes of routers that some of my things just don't like. Good luck with the black arts. :D

Tfish

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to have many router problems. I was always rebooting routers and it was a real PITA.

I bought an Apple Airport Express and have had it two years and no problems.

Still haven't had to reboot it.

I swear by it.

Mike

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Any ideas?????????

My husband's does that with our comcast/Infinity. It connects fine everywhere else. Our computers, ipod touch, and android devices have no problem connecting. He has to reset (unplug) the router every time in order to connect. I told him to google the problem and if all else fails make an appointment at the apple store. Sometimes the answer is it is a known problem and they are working on a software update.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Call your internet service and ask them to reset your router's password, and then ask how to re-reset it yourself so you can set it back to what you're familiar with. Then tell your iPad to forget that network, and start over with the new password.

We use Comcast Internet with a Motorola router and then two Apple Airports, one of which is a time capsule.

Last edited:

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call your internet service and ask them to reset your router's password, and then ask how to re-reset it yourself so you can set it back to what you're familiar with. Then tell your iPad to forget that network, and start over with the new password.

We use Comcast Internet with a Motorola router and then two Apple Airports, one of which is a time capsule.

Thanks PJ . that was my next plan of attack!

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Any ideas?????????

I'm assuming you've rebooted your IPad to see if that helps. Have you tried resetting the network on your iPad? If not go to settings, reset and then reset network settings. Have you recently updated to iOS 8? This is a very buggy update in my opinion And there are some known wifi issues being talked about on the net. Good luck

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you've rebooted your IPad to see if that helps. Have you tried resetting the network on your iPad? If not go to settings, reset and then reset network settings. Have you recently updated to iOS 8? This is a very buggy update in my opinion And there are some known wifi issues being talked about on the net. Good luck

Rebooted ipad and tried resetting network.. Cannot download ios 8 as I am not connected to internet on my ipad, only if I go to internet cafe where I am not about to spend 6 hours to download.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
All Set

Comcast Customer service did quick refresh and I am back in business!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I was also wondering if you loaded iOS 8.0, because there were many wifi problems with that. There is a new version 8.0.2 that is supposed to fix most of the wifi bugs. Maybe the upgrade would fix your problem.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was also wondering if you loaded iOS 8.0, because there were many wifi problems with that. There is a new version 8.0.2 that is supposed to fix most of the wifi bugs. Maybe the upgrade would fix your problem.
I did not download iOS 8 as I was not connected. Now that I am back in business, I may just leave well enough alone.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I would leave well enough alone.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I upgraded from 8.0.0 to 8.0.2 last night and now have a variety of issues. The problems are on my iPad Air, not with the iPhone4s. Apps just don't run. It's a mess. Most things are OK, but there are 6 apps so far that will not launch (Mail, Safari, Calender, Maps, Tips, iBooks) Actually, Calendar works, but the icon on the desktop does not show the current date - it's just a white square.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Does anyone know if there is a way to re-load a current software upgrade? I can check that the software is up to date, but there doesn't seem to be a way to re-load it. I don't want to do a system restore if I don't have to.