• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Give back your timeshare

blackadder

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are new to forums and not sure of the etiquette. We wish to off load one of our timeshare weeks and have spoken to Give Back Timeshare.com and Transfer Service Direct Ltd. We would appreciate any feedback from TUG members who have had any dealings, either successful or not, with these companies or any others.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are new to forums and not sure of the etiquette. We wish to off load one of our timeshare weeks and have spoken to Give Back Timeshare.com and Transfer Service Direct Ltd. We would appreciate any feedback from TUG members who have had any dealings, either successful or not, with these companies or any others.

If they are charging you an upfront fee, JUST SAY NO. At most they will advertise, but probably you'll be stuck with it and the maintenance fees, and out the money you paid.

Put it on the TUG marketplace or TUG Bargain Deals for a very cheap price, or contact your timeshare company and see if you can deed it back to them. I did this successfully for a $100 transfer fee directly back to the resort...didn't mind paying the $100 b/c I knew it was legitimate.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please consider giving your timeshare away to a private individual who would like to own it, before you spend a cent with a company like this.

Why?
-You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
-You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
-You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
-You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
-You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.

There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay 2011/12 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple deed preparation with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Many people have used Tugger TTT (Alan) at Time Travel Traders for this service in the past, but he is retired and is referring most business to Lisa Short for this service - 1.706.969.8906 readylegal@gmail.com Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2012 for the new owner​

Good luck!

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There is no reason why you cannot:

-- Deal directly with your TS resort management to see if they do take-backs; or

-- List it yourself on TUG classifieds or bargain-basement (see the sub-forum here), or list it as a seller on eBay or Redweek, for a nominal fee.

All for thousands less than what the scam-artists will charge you for doing nothing and accomplishing nothing.

Last edited:

desert oasis

Reaction score
Please consider giving your timeshare away to a private individual who would like to own it, before you spend a cent with a company like this.

Why?
-You can give it away yourself for nearly no cost.
-You can control the transfer process to make sure it is truly transferred out of your name.
-You won't have to deal with companies that may or may not be Legit.
-You can transfer it to a private individual who will be happy to have it for their own use.
-You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you ended your ownership legally and ethically.

There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay 2011/12 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple deed preparation with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Many people have used Tugger TTT (Alan) at Time Travel Traders for this service in the past, but he is retired and is referring most business to Lisa Short for this service - 1.706.969.8906 readylegal@gmail.com Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2012 for the new owner​

Good luck!

Thanks Denise, your post was really helpful.
I was feeling duanted about dealing with a transfer myself because I'm in UK & my timeshare is subject to US law but I'll try following your suggestions.

BTW, there seems to be a link between Give Back Timeshare and TimeshareLuxury. I've been in touch with TimeshareLuxury & had emails from different employees, whose email addresses were XXX@timeshareluxury.com.
After watching a presentation by TimeshareLuxury yesterday I was contacted by one of their Consumer Advisers, whose email was XXX@GIVEBACKTIMESHARE.com !!
TimeshareLuxury use Timeshare Closing Services Inc to hold the funds in escrow. The TCS website shows their address as 8545 Commodity Circle, Orlando, Florida.
In the Escrow Transfer Agreement, # 9 states ..."TimeshareLuxury.com agrees to accept this amount as consideration for TimeshareLuxury.com's (a) consulting services regarding the market conditions in the secondary timeshare market, (b) obligation to retain and pay all costs and fees associated with the Transfer of the Client's Timeshare(s) as described in the Timeshare Worksheet(s), (c) assigning a Carefree Journeys' Membership and (d) all other obligations referenced herein. Client acknowledges that, in consideration for the trade-in of the Timeshare Interest(s) and payment above, Client has been given, with no obligation, an optional membership which is dormant until activated by client in Carefree Journeys, LLC (which is registered with the State of Florida as a Seller of Travel – Registration No. ST36581) and that this may be stated as consideration for the Transfer as required by the resort to complete the Transfer." (my highlight)
When I went to Carefree Journeys' website I noticed that the logo in the tab was the same as the logo in the Timeshare Closure Services tab and can you guess the address for Carefree Journeys - 8545 Commodity Circle, Suite 125, Orlando, FL - sound familiar?
Carefree Journeys charge an annual membership fee of $99 and there is a $599 fee to transfer membership to a 3rd party.

I don't think I'll be doing business with TimeshareLuxury.