• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are all Points Systems Different?

spthomas

Reaction score
Since our resort was bought by a new company (Festiva) they've been trying to convert us to their system (we have weeks ownership now, their system is Points). I have to say since they bought the resort occupancy is up and they do seem to be updating a bit more than the original company (Cooper Communities aka Escapes!) did the last few years. So this isn't a "is Festiva good" question really, I'm ok with that.

Under the Festiva system, my weeks are worth about 9000 points each, and they're Red time in Arkansas (Los Lagos at Hot Springs Village). My daughter just went for a pitch in New Orleans from Wyndham. They were talking about selling them a single unit for something like 105,000 points! So I guess every resort vendor has a diferent system? And how does all that work on exchanges?

Weeks is simple. Bank a week, reserve a week. But I need to learn more about points I think. Since this isn't about a specific company, I didn't post in a specific company's forum. Is there something like "Points 101" or "Comparison of points across vendors" thread somewhere I haven't seen?

Steve

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Every company has their own points system - you cannot use points from one system, in another system, so a comparison really doesn't have any meaning.

To exchange into another system, you use an exchange company, like RCI or II.

However, you don't have to have points to exchange.

You simply deposit your week with the exchange company, and you use that week to exchange it for another week.

Converting a week to points is very expensive in most cases, (thousands) and it's not a good value.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
... So I guess every resort vendor has a diferent system? And how does all that work on exchanges?

Yes, they are all different. You will need to look around to see which systems you might be interested in then study those systems extensively.