• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just wrote DRI about selling questions

Bill4728

Reaction score
I hope that I can get some written policies from DRI about selling my trust points
I have questions about selling my Monarch Grand points (MGV). Also can you direct me to the written policy about what happens when someone buying my MGV points?

1. I've been told that when I sell, all points for the current period (Sept 2014-Aug 2016) will be forfeited. TRUE/False?

2. All pending reservations made with those points (either II or MGV) will be cancelled. TRUE/False?

3. The buyer will be able to use points only at the MGV and will be unable to trade the points per the MGV II exchange policy TRUE / False?

www.cms.diamondresorts.com/sites/default/files/MONARCH_GRAND_VACATION_II_EXCHANGE.pdf

If 3 is true and the new buyer of my points can not use II with the MGV pts Can they make a reservation and deposit that week in II?

Thank you

(Bill4728)

Bill4728

Reaction score
Here is their response

Good afternoon ,

I will be happy to provide you with the transfer of ownership information. In your contract’s terms and conditions under the Membership in the Association, list the details of when a buyer takes over the account; they then have 100% of the rights, privileges, and obligations of the ownership. I have also attached the Monarch Grand Vacation Master Declaration of Restrictions and Bylaws. Section 2.8 titled Transfer of Interest goes into the details of transferring an ownership as well. Transfer of ownerships can take anywhere from 90-120 days to be completed and processed; so during that processing time you are able to still have use of your points and book vacations until the process is completed.

(when the ownership transfer is complete) At that point, you are no longer the owner and any reservations as well as points are forfeited.

Anything that you have through Interval International will be still available for your use since they are a separate entity.

Once the account is transferred over to the buyer, the buyer is able to get their own Interval International membership to do exchanges if they chose to.

I hope this information was helpful for you.
Please let me know if you have any further questions. I hope you have a fantastic holiday weekend.

Should you have further questions regarding this or any other matter, you may reply to this e-mail atMonarchclubconnection@diamondresorts.com or contact a Monarch Owner Services Agent at 1.800.828.4200.

Thank you for being a valued member of Diamond Resorts International and we look forward to serving your future vacation needs.

Respectfully,

- Taylor --
Monarch Owner Services Email Correspondence Coordinator
So below I answered the questions I sent them in red
1. I've been told that when I sell, all points for the current period (Sept 2014-Aug 2016) will be forfeited. TRUE/False? So this is true all points are forfeited when the transfer takes place

2. All pending reservations made with those points (either II or MGV) will be cancelled. TRUE/False? This is both true and false All MGV reservations are cancelled BUT all Interval reservations remain as long as you keep your II account active.

3. The buyer will be able to use points only at the MGV and will be unable to trade the points per the MGV II exchange policy TRUE / False? False If they open an II account they should be able to trade their MGV points in II

So some good news. I'm still unsure about the other DRI collections but once transferred it seem that the new MGV owners will still be able to trade in II using their MGV points. The only thing is you will lose any points for the current period you have in your account which in MGV accounts are almost alway 24 months worth of points. :crash:

kalima

TUG Member
Reaction score
weird

I think it is because that is the rules for your specific collection....DRI has told U.S & Hawaii peeps that you cannot purchase your own II account and use Diamond points...but pretty sure that your TS works quite differently...Good news for you though:)