• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Saratoga Springs Resort Questions

Shelb14

TUG Member
Reaction score
We currently have (2) 1 br units booked for our party of 8 (traded in through RCI) for 2 consecutive weeks at the end of Aug (so 4 separate reservation #'s). I have a few questions I'm hoping somebody may know the answer to:
1) We requested units next to each other in Congress Park. I know there is no guarantee, but is SSR usually able to accomdate your requests?
2) They mentioned we may have to change rooms mid-stay. Anyone stayed for 2 weeks? I'm wondering how likely it is that we'll all have to move? This will be a bit of a pain with kids, it's something we'd gladly do if we were switching resorts (worth it to be able to experience another resort), but I would not be as excited about it, if we're just moving over 1 building ;-)
3) Does SSR have a sleeper chair to accommodate a 5th person? I would like to invite another family member who would likely only be able to stay for 4 nights or so. I read that some units sleep 5, I thought SSR may have been one of those but pics online do not show a sleeper chair.
Thanks!

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
We currently have (2) 1 br units booked for our party of 8 (traded in through RCI) for 2 consecutive weeks at the end of Aug (so 4 separate reservation #'s). I have a few questions I'm hoping somebody may know the answer to:
1) We requested units next to each other in Congress Park. I know there is no guarantee, but is SSR usually able to accomdate your requests?
Adjacent rooms is gong to be really tough from a scheduling perspective -- you'll be lucky if they are in the same building/floor -- you may even wish to change your request to "same building/floor as reservation xyx" -- if the request is adjacent room it may be impossible and they'll just ignore it. The broader the request the more likely it will get honored. Also, make sure to call DVC MS (800-800-9800) and update both reservations with this request, referencing each other.
2) They mentioned we may have to change rooms mid-stay. Anyone stayed for 2 weeks? I'm wondering how likely it is that we'll all have to move? This will be a bit of a pain with kids, it's something we'd gladly do if we were switching resorts (worth it to be able to experience another resort), but I would not be as excited about it, if we're just moving over 1 building ;-)
I've done this many times -- we always did 2 contiguous RCI weeks before kids were in school -- great way to experience Disney BTW (very relaxed since you aren't in a hurry to see everything). We also do this all the time with multiple DVC/RCI reservations to add on a day at the beginning/end
of an RCI reservation with DVC. We've always been able to stay in the same room (8+ times we've done this). The trick is to call DVC MS and request to mark the first reservation as the first reservation of a continuing stay, and the second reservation as a continuing stay, referencing each other. Also, confirm at checkin that you will be able to stay in the same room. Ask the front desk to check with the scheduler -- don't just take their word for it. If you check in late, the scheduler may not be in until the next morning. Make sure someone checks with them to confirm the reservations are notated correctly. If you do both these things, you'll have no problem. You still have to show up by 11 to "check-out" and check back in but you'll stay in the same room (note your MBs will stop working at 11 and will need reactivated at the front desk -- bring all of them when you checkout because they need to be manually reactivated -- unless you requested different sets on MDE).
3) Does SSR have a sleeper chair to accommodate a 5th person? I would like to invite another family member who would likely only be able to stay for 4 nights or so. I read that some units sleep 5, I thought SSR may have been one of those but pics online do not show a sleeper chair.
Thanks!
They do not. All SSR 1bdrms have 1 King Bed, 1 Queen Sleeper Sofa. See my WDW Point Chart (open in Excel and hover over points for resort/room to see room description include beds).

Have fun!

Last edited:

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had two 1 bedrooms booked this past mid November and called in advance to be near each other. They made a notation on both reservations. When we checked in, we found out during registration we were still placed in two different buildings. This resort is huuugggeee so fortunately the front desk staff relocated my sister's room closer to ours. It still was a walk but at least in same building which was important since she was staying alone. So hopefully they can place you near each other. We really enjoyed Saratoga and easy access to Downtown Disney. Enjoy your trip!

Shelb14

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for answering all my questions. This is really helpful!

fergie1030

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed last August from 8/31 to September 7th at SSR & the SSR was almost empty. I stayed at Grandstand.

Have a great time.
Robin

Last edited: