• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Marriott week purchase advisable at the moment?

rrazzorr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Relatively new to TS, I've been going through the posts on Marriott points system and still cannot figure out if it is advisable at the moment to buy resale Marriott weeks?
Some conclusive thoughts of wisdom from experts would be great!
I am in the process of narrowing down a property and would like to proceed with a purchase, but need some advise if I should really look outside of Marriott's inventory.

Also, something I don't quite get with point system --
On weekly base purchase hotel X costs certain amount of $'s to maintain a year, same week at the same resort will require number of points that would cost almost double to maintain annually.
Seems like an obvious disadvantage, how does Marriott leverage that? Do they sell on flexibility for the resorts available to book using points?
(If this isn't exactly clear I can follow-up)

Thanks in advance.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I purchased a 1 bedroom Gold week at Marriott Mountain Valley Lodge via Ebay in June 2010. Since I purchased resale, I am under the old system and cannot join the new system even if I wanted to (which I don't).

I have already exchanged my week for 2010 with II for a 1 bedroom unit at The Royal Islander for June 2012. My personal opinion is that now may well be a good time to purchase MVCI resale.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Pianodinosaur. The prices have never been better for top quality Marriott weeks than they are right now. They have fallen a lot, and they could fall further in the late autumn when maintenace bills go out. But great weeks are so reasonable right now that I didn't want to wait any longer. I also buy where I like going and have liked using II in the past, so I could care less that I can't join the points program with these resales.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
If there is someplace you're likely to be happy at using frequently, then there is no downside to buying a resale week now. Only time will tell, but I have an inkling that week ownership, esp. at a place you like to go to, may be the best ownership as time goes on. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Most likely, there will continue to be ample trading opportunities in II down the road with your week.

If I am understanding your inquiry about MF's correctly, MF's for weeks are the same in each resort regardless of the season; they just depend on the unit size. MF's for the point system are per point, so lower cost off season units have a lower MF and peak season units require more points so they have a higher MF. For many resorts, Plat. weeks have a lower MF than reserving a Plat. unit using points. For some Gold and most Silver and Bronze weeks, the MF's are lower using points.

Weclome to Tug, btw

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
So long as you buy at a resort where you intend to regularly visit ... I think now is a great time to purchase a traditional Marriott deeded-week. As others have commented, resale prices have never been more attractive.

tlwmkw

Reaction score
The really good thing is that if you purchase a week now then you don't have to worry about enrolling in the new points system. I am serious because I have had so many headaches trying to figure this thing out. If Marriott would give my the option of simply paying a little extra to lock my floating weeks in to a fixed time and I didn't have to worry about booking at exactly a year ahead and competing with all these new points then I would seriously consider it.

I say if you can get a good price then go for it.

tlwmkw

rrazzorr

TUG Member
Reaction score
All great replies, thanks for your thoughts.
Has there been a feeling in general public that time will come when Marriott would strongly encourage (by making life difficult) everyone to convert to point system?
So far I don't see much advantage to point system over weeks, but seems as Marriott has much to gain.

Also, since I've been asking all of these rookie questions, here is another one, what's an average annual increase rate for MF with MVC?

Last edited:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Also, since I've been asking all of these rookie questions, here is another one, what's an average annual increase rate for MF with MVC?
From 2001 through 2008 the median annual increase was 5.0% and the average annual increase was 5.2%. From 2008 to 2009 the increase was higher, with 5 increases of 10% or more and only 14 increases of under 5%. The increases from 2009 to 2010 were more reasonable, but I haven't yet made an exact calculation.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Happy to be a Legacy Owner

Everybody knows I'm too verbose, so please forgive me in advance. But I can't say things in three sentences like my sage compatriots, so here goes.....

I'll offer my two cents' worth, but in the end, listen to what all the TUG members have to say. There is much wisdom here. There are differences of opinion, but in the end, you will choose wisely by your gut feeling. Doesn't hurt to crunch the numbers along the way, either.

Years ago, most of us Tuggers joined "after the fact"......that is, after we all bought from the developer......THEN we read and learned what we "could and should have done". There always seemed to be a general consensus here on TUG from those who knew from experience. That same old advice is still around and is still relevant, and remains invaluable (regardless of the NEW SYSTEM being introduced), and can be summed up in a few short words:
"Stay Out of the Marriott Sales Office." Especially right now, with the current opportunities (not to mention uncertainties).

(Regarding the "new" folks who get lost and somehow end up in a Sales Office looking for cookies and juice.......Why would they, or anyone, come into the new system for the first time and pay for a full pocket of $45,000-worth of nickels and dimes, or marbles, or whatever??? Amazing to me.....)

I will respond to your question about "WHAT YOU SHOULD DO" by going somewhere else first. Perhaps it will, in itself, allude to the natural and proper conclusion.

(A quick preface:
My current situation is, do I spurn the system and remain a "lowly weeks owner", or do I enroll and play the game with my would-be 17,800 points? Seems like an easy decision. Wow, that's a lot of possibilities, no?
Did you know i could now stay ONE day a week in a different place, for the rest of my life?)

One resounding point that I want to stress up front with absolute certainty, and one that will be universally shared regardless of position on the new system, is that it has never been a better time to ENJOY a Marriott resort. After all, they are, as a whole, unsurpassed.

There are many more resorts than when my family first entered the arena 12+ years ago, and each of the multitude of resort properties is beautiful indeed. Virtually anywhere in the world you can find a luxurious 2-BR condo just waiting on you.

Yet, we find ourselves in troubled times. But there is a silver lining to the cloud, waiting to be exploited if one is so inclined. The UNBELIEVABLY horrid economy right now has presented something i thought I'd never see......a true buyer's market for Marriott timeshares (and timeshares in general).

(It's a given that Legacy Owners are concerned about resale values, and rightly so, knowing what they PAID to the developer. The worries are justified and understandable. But I'm NOT worried, because I take this stand: my choices have not been removed. Many have said as much, and it's spot on. My involvement initially was strictly for vacation time, and I've received that, and more.)

As a family, we have enjoyed every week we've used, whether by occupying a week at our home resorts or by trade weeks in fantastic spots of our choosing (a great way to vacation somewhere far away in a 2-BR luxury condo that you don't own---imagine that!).

So enter TODAY's unprecedented situation: You can purchase a resale week dirt cheap, and continue to occupy at that magnificent spot forever, or trade it for another great spot just to change scenery. You may miss something called the "NEW POINTS SYSTEM" which gives short or longer stays after being on a waiting list for months, and perhaps get it, or perhaps never get it, but in the end, is it really any different in essence from the traditional trade?

But that's not all-----there is another seldom-mentioned OPTION which has magically entered the picture because of the current economy: Marriott rental weeks from stressed owners are abundant, and anyone now has the ability to utilize them as never before. Rental listings are way up, and they are way cheaper.

Many posters in the old days said, "Why own when you can rent?", and they proceeded to back it up with numbers. But we timeshare owners wanted to feel special, so we got that deed. My point is that, if you want to, you can RENT for the next two years now if you are uncertain....enough time to "see where this is taking us all"....or you can PURCHASE a week (or three) via resale, and get something you never could before.......deeded vacation time at bargain basement prices. Personally I think it's a no-brainer to eschew the points system and choose one of those two options, at least in your situation. I think eventually people will see the value of owning strictly "occupy time", and the resale prices will begin to inch back up due to desirability. But that's just imho. As some have said, if you want a specific destination, buy it and buy it now. No one will take away your ability to stay there.

I only opened my mind to buying resale after I already had all the Marriott weeks I ever thought possible, especially when i remembered the FORMER prices of traditional weeks. Couldn't go there again! So, I decided to check out Ebay and couldn't help myself-----I purchased another week in a great destination for a steal-of-a-price, at Marriott Oceanwatch in Myrtle Beach.

Wasn't sure about it at first, but now, after all the hysteria leading up to June 20 (and we DID close prior to, altho it'll never matter), I am literally ecstatic about being an owner there, and with receiving all the accompanying privileges. I tried to talk myself INTO "buyer's remorse", but it didn't happen. And after reading all the hundreds of posts regarding the new system, i'm even more convinced. I would have NEVER considered owning there before-----the weeks were just much too high to consider doing that again. But "IT" happened, referring to the economy, --------the bottom fell out----- and Ebay came calling.

And the result? --------i'm going to spend the exact number of minutes there during that 7-day week as I will spend at each of my five previously-purchased developer weeks. And after I check in, with a happy-face they are going to allow me to stay in the SAME luxurious bedding which has been upgraded from the early years. And i will also swim in the same pristine pools amongst all those "special" owners who shelled out $40,000 for their week, or purchased MAGIC POINTS, and then called in on the phone for something "unheard-of", called "reservations", and then smirkingly threw the winning hand on the table as if, "OK, boys, Royal Flush, the game is over and the pot is mine..." And you somehow think I won't be smiling a big one at that guy? Sure will. And then i'll go out and get me a big steak that evening.

Bottom line, the real question boils down to-----should I have RENTED it all along, or would i have done better to purchase it resale, and pay the $1000 maintenance fee annually? Well, the idea of having that puffed-out chest as a "real owner" won out.

So YOUR original question can be answered, by me anyway, by saying that your dilemma should really be this: the maintenance fee or the rental price? I say it's never been a BETTER time to get a Marriott timeshare week in a place where you wish to spend some time. You lose NOTHING. I couldn't ever swap for "points" BEFORE (except for the other kind of "rewards points", and i never did that either due to loss of value----the "original skim", LOL), so why should it bother me now? I can still enjoy the heck out of my ownership weeks, and my kids DO NOT know the difference, nor do they care, and the same goes for my wife........we are there, and we own full privileges. And a deed.

My contention is that the Marriott rental weeks will be a bargain for a good while, and if you elect instead to buy a resale week on Ebay, or from whatever source you find, good gosh, GO FOR IT and realize what you're getting. If the resale value is zero thereafter, so what? Be content to get stuck with 7 days of vacation happiness each year, and continue that for many years. No one can take that away, can they?

You won't be selling it the following month, will you? Enjoy it for years and years, and your net, in a worse case scenario, will be a wash. I never intended that my weeks would have an inherent value, other than what enjoyment we would have by playing the game, so i'm OK with what we have experienced, and what my kids have seen as a result of our delving into JW's magical world. I have to nod and acknowledge with a hearty THANK YOU to JW, though, because it would have never happened otherwise, and I know that. It just wouldn't have.

When, in the last decade, could you buy a week in Hawaii for these prices, or a week at Newport Coast Villas, or a week at Ocean Pointe??? And if this economy had not happened, you might, just might, be currently contemplating a purchase of a week for $40,000, without the option of a "points swap" anyway. Your choices would have, then, been the same, (1)occupy or (2)trade. Ding, ding, ding......what are you waiting for? Resale prices to go back up? Marriott to say "We're revising the program again (or again), so come join the club for $ XX,XXX"? NOW is the bottom of the market (especially as we begin to "read the documents" and understand the new system) ......ALL i can say is that, for me, I'm glad I got at least ONE bargain with my lone resale. Never thought i would. good luck. Enjoy your Marriott experience......you won't regret it, and the memories will blow you away. It's not a wrong decision to choose Marriott.....just choose it in the right way.

JMAESD84

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would recommend against buying a Marriott timeshare NOW, unless you absolutely have to have it, and KNOW it is the time/location that you must have.

A full analysis of the timeshare marketplace and the recent changes with Marriott exchange (points) are all working against resale prices. Expect prices to continue to fall. While resale prices are historically very low right now, IMO for Marriott they are heading far lower still.

Marriott's are a great place to stay. Go stay by renting, exchanging, etc.

Most everyone (myself included) who's spent money to become owners of timeshares will lose a good portion of that money when they exit ownership. On average Marriott owners will lose more than most because of the historically higher entry prices.

ckcover

Reaction score
buying MCVI now

We own 2 Marriott's. The most recent purchased last fall from Marriott at Crystal Shores at a heavily discounted price (1st trip coming up this November).

Interesting, we were at the Kauai beach Club on June 19 and got the "last" persentation under the old system. Rep couldn't tell us about the comparison with the new system but pushed the sale hard. He said averything would change tomorrow (June 20). Now, why would anyone buy not being able to make an intelligent comparison (we didn't). Then we went to Ko Olina and got a presentation on the new system on the 21st. It did confuse us a bit and we're still not sure if we would have bought back in Kauai having this new found info.

We are currently, talking with a MCVI rep about the new program. I think this board has a lot of info to offer as well. I can definitely see the benefits on enrolling if you want to split your weeks up. It was suggested using the new system club points Sunday - Thursday, and then staying at a Courtyard (using reward points) over the weekend to maximize benefits from the club points. This makes good sense if that's what you are after (max days vacation). However, if you have kids and families, I'm not sure it's worth all the hassle to do this moving around while on vacation. After all, for years the Marriott mantra has been selling family vacations. Now it seems to be changing a bit.

I understand MCVI has to change with the times and they are in competition with Westin, Hilton, etc. For me personally, I think we may eventually want the option of the new system. But for now may stay put with what we have. Our II mambership is paid up thru 2014, so buying in now would only add $199 a year in expenses ($800 thru 2014) and does not make sense.

I think someone purchasing outside Marriott, there is not a better time than now to pick up a resale bargain. However, realize you may never be able to get into the new system (I refer to other posts and discussion threads), but will still have II and some good trading power.

For us, our unit at Crystal shores is worth 3725 club points, and it would take us 4200 points to get there during our season! Not so good a deal. I think for any new buyers, the price has gone up. Does anyone know if you will be able to sell club points on the resale market (after all they say you get a deed in a land trust)? This question may be way premature, but as time goes on will get asked a lot.

Regards

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
From 2001 through 2008 the median annual increase was 5.0% and the average annual increase was 5.2%. From 2008 to 2009 the increase was higher, with 5 increases of 10% or more and only 14 increases of under 5%. The increases from 2009 to 2010 were more reasonable, but I haven't yet made an exact calculation.

Dave,
I remember you quoted these stats a year or so ago. I also remember you did a calculation and found that the Caribbean resorts averaged a bit higher. If I remember correctly it was about 7-8%.

At any rate in my personal experience the MF at Frenchman's Cove have just about doubled in the last four years while Ocean Pointe has stayed closer to the 5% average.

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own 2 Marriott's. The most recent purchased last fall from Marriott at Crystal Shores at a heavily discounted price (1st trip coming up this November).

Interesting, we were at the Kauai beach Club on June 19 and got the "last" persentation under the old system. Rep couldn't tell us about the comparison with the new system but pushed the sale hard. He said averything would change tomorrow (June 20). Now, why would anyone buy not being able to make an intelligent comparison (we didn't). Then we went to Ko Olina and got a presentation on the new system on the 21st. It did confuse us a bit and we're still not sure if we would have bought back in Kauai having this new found info.

We are currently, talking with a MCVI rep about the new program. I think this board has a lot of info to offer as well. I can definitely see the benefits on enrolling if you want to split your weeks up. It was suggested using the new system club points Sunday - Thursday, and then staying at a Courtyard (using reward points) over the weekend to maximize benefits from the club points. This makes good sense if that's what you are after (max days vacation). However, if you have kids and families, I'm not sure it's worth all the hassle to do this moving around while on vacation. After all, for years the Marriott mantra has been selling family vacations. Now it seems to be changing a bit.

I understand MCVI has to change with the times and they are in competition with Westin, Hilton, etc. For me personally, I think we may eventually want the option of the new system. But for now may stay put with what we have. Our II mambership is paid up thru 2014, so buying in now would only add $199 a year in expenses ($800 thru 2014) and does not make sense.

I think someone purchasing outside Marriott, there is not a better time than now to pick up a resale bargain. However, realize you may never be able to get into the new system (I refer to other posts and discussion threads), but will still have II and some good trading power.

For us, our unit at Crystal shores is worth 3725 club points, and it would take us 4200 points to get there during our season! Not so good a deal. I think for any new buyers, the price has gone up. Does anyone know if you will be able to sell club points on the resale market (after all they say you get a deed in a land trust)? This question may be way premature, but as time goes on will get asked a lot.

Regards
We were told yesterday points could be resold but quite frankly I did not trust what was said as the rep had a hard time being clear about anything.

Read my post for further details....At Grand Vista meeting with points person.

Sue

Asia2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say now is an excellent time to purchase a Marriott timeshare. Only a very small percentage have joined the points program and based on the initial response, that percentage could remain small for a very long time.

However, I would stay away from certain "less desirable" resort (unless you really like it and plan to use it often) and I would stay away from low demand seasons at some resorts.

A good gauge is to check the Marriott site for "street" pricing during the time you are considering. Make sure that the rental or hotel price at least covers your maintenance fee (once again, this does not apply if you plan to use it often and prefer that time period).

I would make sure that the Destination point value for whatever you buy is decent, just in case you become a points member down the road. Some of the resorts have high point values, but do not necessarily gain the best reviews or command the highest prices (I'm not sure why this is).

One way you can rarely go wrong is to buy a resort and time period that would be one of your overall favorites and appears to be a favorite for everyone else as well (check Marriott.com street pricing, Destination Points values, E-bay and rental rates).

Lastly, let everyone know what you are interested in. There are multiple dozens of experts here that can point you in a good direction.

Have fun and keep us posted.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dave,
I remember you quoted these stats a year or so ago. I also remember you did a calculation and found that the Caribbean resorts averaged a bit higher. If I remember correctly it was about 7-8%.

At any rate in my personal experience the MF at Frenchman's Cove have just about doubled in the last four years while Ocean Pointe has stayed closer to the 5% average.
We should also note that Marriott really kept the 2009-2010 MF changes to a minimum. Unlike Starwood, which had some jumps as high as 25%, most Marriotts had little if any increase last year, with many having a slight decrease in fees.

The Aruba resorts had large increases at the Ocean Club and much smaller increases at the SC; the Surf Club had probably around a 25% increase over the last four years.

btw- Jim- that was a great summary!! Brings up the real reason for ownership. It is nice to go where you feel you own a piece, even if a very small one.

rrazzorr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really good replies, thanks all for your thoughts.

Lastly, let everyone know what you are interested in. There are multiple dozens of experts here that can point you in a good direction.

To start, I am considering OceanWatch in the Summer. I am looking for a fixed week, perhaps even in Plat+ (July 4th)
In addition, down the road (or simultaneously) I am interested in getting a second week in St. Thomas' Frenchman's Cove or Aruba's Ocean Club for the winter time. Again, I am hopeful to find fixed weeks to avoid future booking mischief.

I see people speak highly of eBay deals, I am yet to come across an offer worth reading, perhaps need to wait and seek out the right one.

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score

To start, I am considering OceanWatch in the Summer. I am looking for a fixed week, perhaps even in Plat+ (July 4th)
In addition, down the road (or simultaneously) I am interested in getting a second week in St. Thomas' Frenchman's Cove or Aruba's Ocean Club for the winter time. Again, I am hopeful to find fixed weeks to avoid future booking mischief.

I see people speak highly of eBay deals, I am yet to come across an offer worth reading, perhaps need to wait and seek out the right one.

eBay often lists platinum weeks at Frenchmen's Cove. I see more platinum Aruba Surf Club than Ocean Club weeks on ebay. Rarely see platinum oceanwatch weeks on ebay. Check out www.redweeks.com for fixed week intervals. Seth Nock is also a reputable Marriott reseller who may have fixed intervals for sale.

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Ocean Watch is a good resort with an excellent location. I would say that if you buy anything, buy whee you are willing to go back to on a regular basis. Right now there is a lot in "flux" as Marriott changes over to a points system. Trading availability and power is uncertain for all owners whether they enroll in points or not. Much will be seen as time passes. Therefore is you purchase at a time and place that you would be happy going, then you have nothing to lose only gain. :clap:

Be careful, though, if you are negotiating a great deal for a platinum week at a resort that is mostly sold out, Marriott just might buy it out from under you with their "right of first refusal" so they can "fund" the trust. :crash:

Happy hunting.

Beverley :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

rrazzorr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful, though, if you are negotiating a great deal for a platinum week at a resort that is mostly sold out, Marriott just might buy it out from under you with their "right of first refusal" so they can "fund" the trust. :crash:

By the way, this is pretty interesting concept, as many stated on other posts MOW is sold out, but I spoke to sales rep about a week ago and he offered number of units on weekly basis (after I refused his pitch for the points purchase). Could it be they are shuffling through resales and buying back the inventory on the right of the first refusal? I would assume this isn't something they do often, if ever.

In case anyone curious, this is what I was quoted for MOW as of as of 8/2/2010.
MOWpriceChart.JPG

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Aruba Ocean Club doesn't have any fixed weeks, just fyi.

Fixed weeks and floating weeks have their positives and negatives. If you can go for a good number of weeks in the season, then there shouldn't be an issue with a floating weeks at any of the resorts you've listed. The problem with floating weeks are in resorts where Marriott made an excessively long Plat. season.

At Frenchman's Cove the fixed weeks are the school holiday weeks. If you need those, then that's a great option. If you are not locked into the school schedule, though, keep in mind that you pay more $$ in airfare, the resort is more crowded, restaurants are busier, etc.. When I had kids in school I always traveled President's week. Now that would be my last choice of travel dates.

Y-ASK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you and I are thinking along the same lines, same resort, same fixed week :). You'll probably beat me to the best one since I can't doing anything right now. What kind of money are you looking to spend? If I could get one between $10,000 and $15,000 I'd jump but unfortunately I can't until after Xmas... At least that's when the wife said I could "look into it"...

Y-ASK

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
rrazzorr--Thanks for posting this. I, too, am looking for a good Marriott resale. I don't care about points, skims, the Trust, etc. I just see myself happily enjoying my week. Before I take the plunge, I just want to confirm with all you knowledgeable Tuggers that the Marriott priority in Interval is the same for resale versus developer. This priority is the icing on the cake, so to speak, and it is an important part of my reasoning. I have been successful in trading into high end Marriotts, but going forward, with the potential for less inventory, I want to make sure that all my T's are crossed and all my i's are dotted. At worst case, the 2 resorts I am looking at I would be very happy to stay in regardless.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
rrazzorr--Thanks for posting this. I, too, am looking for a good Marriott resale. I don't care about points, skims, the Trust, etc. I just see myself happily enjoying my week. Before I take the plunge, I just want to confirm with all you knowledgeable Tuggers that the Marriott priority in Interval is the same for resale versus developer. This priority is the icing on the cake, so to speak, and it is an important part of my reasoning. I have been successful in trading into high end Marriotts, but going forward, with the potential for less inventory, I want to make sure that all my T's are crossed and all my i's are dotted. At worst case, the 2 resorts I am looking at I would be very happy to stay in regardless.
Yes- II could care less how you bought.