• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC points and RCI reservation

ptlohmysoul

Reaction score
Will Disney link a reservation using points to one using an RCI reservation if they are in the same resort and same booking category (1 bedroom at SSR), so that we don't have to move rooms or lose a day not being able to go in our room?

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have done that with a combination of dvc points, dvc cash night stay and DVC RCI exchanges. The only thing was we used to have to get new keys at each change but not sure if that is needed with new magic bands.

Melynny

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did just last week.

I combined an RCI trade, and my own DVC points at Saratoga last week. I made sure to let the front desk know, as I did not want to change rooms. We did not have to go get new keys as keys are now on the Magic Bands. Early in the am of our RCI check out day, I got the receipt for my room email, then a text saying my room was not ready yet, then almost instantaneously was a text that had our room number and location. Our bands worked.

The only complications were the rooms were in my name and then my Husband's name and the front desk said it may have happened automatically if everything was under the same name, Also, Housekeeping was somewhat confused about what should occur on our RCI check out day. I called Housekeeping to check what would happen, and the manager there told me the room was clean, however, when we returned from breakfast, there was a basket in front of our room as if it was ready to be cleaned. We did not get the room cleaned (put the do not disturb sign on the door) since the points extension was only for 2 nights. But did ask for additional TP and dish washer packs.

I was impressed, this was the easiest extension I have done, in the past, I have done cash, DVC cash and even an Expedia (or Orbitz?) reservation with points and always had to go to the front desk, explain things and still not be sure if we had to move or not.