• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Canyon Villas -- No Luck

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please allow me to vent.

I own a platinum week at Canyon Villas, and this morning I tried to get a reservation for the 2016 week that became available at 8:00 am Central. I was at my computer and logged in at 7:59 am. At the stroke of 8:00, I checked availability, clicked on Saturday, March 26 (which was then available), only to be told that the system was busy, try again later). I immediately tried again. This time it showed that Sunday, March 27 was available. I clicked on that, and again was told the system was busy, try again later. I tried again (and again and again), and nothing was available. So, by 8:02 am, everything was gone. And my attempt to be extremely punctual was completely useless.

I know this has happened to many of you before, and so I knew what I was up against. But something is seriously wrong when an owner does everything is his power to get a reservation at the instant a week becomes available, but comes up with nothing.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
I am very sorry for your trouble.

This morning I booked Orlando with no problem. It took a while to get my confirmation but I was able to select Saturday the 25th and complete the reservation.

One thing I do is log in and get completely to the calendar by 10 minutes before the hour. I then hit the refresh link every 2 minutes (to stay logged in) while doing other things on the computer. At 6:55 (I am in MST) I hit the link every minute. At 6:58 I hit it every 30 seconds. At 6:59 I hit it continuously until the calendar shows availability. I have been successful with this method for both Thanksgiving week and Easter week which are two of the busiest weeks to try to book.

Also, I would call Marriott.

gowarty

Reaction score
I had the joy of setting the alarm for 5:45 Pacific Time. I was able to get a Friday-Friday stay starting on the 25th. The confirmation was a little slow (I started to get worried) but it did eventually come through.

Sorry you weren't able to get in.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry you were not able to get a week today. I practiced a couple of times last night and set my iPhone alarm at 5:50 am. After waking up this morning, I continued to do the refresh thing. By 5:58, the website loading slowed down significantly, but I was able to grab a Sat check-in date. I have to say that (Knocking on wood) I have been pretty lucky in getting the week of my choice for the past 4 years. My problem is to remember which day I have to get up early for this annual ritual...

Last edited:

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked my 2016 Canyon Villa one month and one week ago.
There are a lot of Multi week Canyon Villa owners.

chrono88

TUG Member
Reaction score
This type of frustration was the reason we ended up buying a second week, and now, instead of sitting at a computer 12 months out, I'm on the phone 13 months out, which is similarly nerve wracking. We've done ok with getting what we want at 13 months...I just hope that is able to continue.

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I too am an owner at CV but not a multi week. I have to try for my March week exactly 12 months out like you. I have a particular week which is spring break that I go for but I am told that the TDI for CV is 150% during the entire month of March so we are supposed to expect the worst. One person suggested that I try for the week before I need it so that if I get it for that week, I can try and trade it in for the week I really need. It requires a phone call instead of the computer. Are you looking for a two bedroom at CV?

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please allow me to vent.

I own a platinum week at Canyon Villas, and this morning I tried to get a reservation for the 2016 week that became available at 8:00 am Central. I was at my computer and logged in at 7:59 am. At the stroke of 8:00, I checked availability, clicked on Saturday, March 26 (which was then available), only to be told that the system was busy, try again later). I immediately tried again. This time it showed that Sunday, March 27 was available. I clicked on that, and again was told the system was busy, try again later. I tried again (and again and again), and nothing was available. So, by 8:02 am, everything was gone. And my attempt to be extremely punctual was completely useless.

I know this has happened to many of you before, and so I knew what I was up against. But something is seriously wrong when an owner does everything is his power to get a reservation at the instant a week becomes available, but comes up with nothing.

Sorry to hear. The Wednesday phone in almost threw me off but I was alert enough to check the calendar in early March. I booked our March 13 check in from Mexico. I went to the resort lobby where wifi was strongest, set mtself up so all I had to do was refresh the screen and by 8:02 am I had confirm for my first choice Sat- Sat check in. I realize that March 15 is not as prime as week you seek but I have been able to rent for decent money two years running.

Last edited:

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
AZ is too far away from Toronto to just go for one week, so when I go (just two of us) we book the studio for the first week and the 1BR for the second week. It's always worked for me...might be a consideration if you really don't need a two BR suite.

Brian