• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sixt rent a car

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Has anyone used this company for a car rental in Orlando?

Let me know what you think and your experiences.

Thanks

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Have Not (Yet) Tried Sixt Car Rental But Willing To Use'm If The Price Is Right.

We looked into Sixt but we went with other off-airport car rental companies with lower rates -- e.g., Fox & ACO.

Convenience is less than with companies that keep cars right there in the airport parking structure. But the rates are better.

Once while waiting at MCO for the ACO shuttle, I noticed 4 or 5 Fox shuttles going by before the ACO shuttle showed up.

Last time we used ACO (January 2015), I got on the ACO shuttle right away, took care of the paperwork, etc., at the ACO off-airport location, then drove back to MCO in ACO's car to pick up The Chief Of Staff plus all our suitcases. The time it took for her to get the luggage roughly equaled how long it took me to show up with the car, so doing it that way sped up our trip just a little compared with having both of us wait for luggage then both wait for the shuttle.

We have also used Fox for car rentals in Las Vegas. We're repeat customers with'm in both locations. We've only gone with ACO at Orlando FL.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Not at Orlando, but we used them at the Lakeland airport a few years ago. Other than the long line up (& slow working clerk) when we picked it up, we were very pleased. We had reserved a compact ( or sub compact?) but by the time we got to the front of the line they didn't have any left, so we were given an HHR! No extra charge of course, but we loved it, including the Sirius radio!

~Diane

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake

Let me know what you think and your experiences.

Thanks

Always use Sixt whenever they're available. Better rates than Budget, Hertz, Avis etc but more expensive than the real cheap rental companies however there are never any hidden extras. Never had a bad experience in all my years of renting with them.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!

I never heard of them before an Expedia search. Need a mini van on July 4th for a week. Only 2 companies had availability and Sixt was half the price of Firefly, $423 vs. $869 total.

We have one reserved. We actually got a better price right from them and by paying now, $402.

Last edited:

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used them in Norway

They are like the Budget rent a car of Europe

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Always use Sixt whenever they're available. Better rates than Budget, Hertz, Avis etc but more expensive than the real cheap rental companies however there are never any hidden extras. Never had a bad experience in all my years of renting with them.

They always show up as cheaper at DFW. I was afraid to try them, but maybe I will next time. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sheila

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
They always show up as cheaper at DFW. I was afraid to try them, but maybe I will next time. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sheila

Just come back from Munich where I rented a 7 seater from Sixt. Upgraded to a Mercedes 7 seater (have been upgraded every time for the last few rentals) and with the exception of an overdue service warning it was a hassle free and very reasonable rental.

ibcnu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Thanks, just booked them out of West Palm Beach in January for our trip to the HGVC in South Beach (and side trips to Key West and Naples). They were a lot less expensive than the others (I use Kayak to price check).

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've used them several times......first rate service and the cars are very nice. We got upgraded to a Sonata Hybrid on our last trip to San Diego. It's a German company and they are expanding to more areas. No complaints at all.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
They were $60 cheaper than Hertz for a trip later this month, so I booked them. I also got a bigger car - Intermediate vs. Economy. The Sixt rates were the same for Compact and Intermediate. Hope all goes well.

Sheila

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sixt worked out well. Frequent shuttles, friendly service. We did pay an extra $35 for "break down" insurance. Said we were going out of their area and if we needed assistance it would cost $250. My son-in-law decided to pay it rather than risk a service call. This was a little shady to me but it is what it is.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Not happy in Iceland

When we returned our Sixt SUV to KEF, the agent took a flashlight and examined the windshield from inside the vehicle. Lo and behold, she found a chip! We'd not noticed it when driving, and never thought to check the windshield with a flashlight when we got the SUV (who would?) but, since we had a plane to catch, handed over our VISA cc and paid the 750 euro as demanded since we'd declined coverages.

We filed the claim with VISA but somehow had lost the original rental agreement which VISA wanted. Emails to Sixt Iceland were ignored until we cc'd corporate as well as VISA complaining that our request for a copy of the agreement was unanswered. Evidently that did the trick, and one month after filing our claim, we received full reimbursement. I would love to know if the windshield was actually replaced or was it re-rented in the condition we returned it.

Ironically, for our overnight stop in Iceland enroute home from Europe 4 weeks later, our Holiday Auto Rental was actually brokered to Sixt. Check-in was fine but we did add their coverage just to avoid any possible hassle on return. However, the line when we returned that car the line was very long because it was for both pick-ups and returns. When we finally completed the return process, there was another wait for the Sixt shuttle and when it arrived back from KEF so many others were ahead of us that there was no room for us! On a positive note, one of the Sixt desk people, aware of our frustration, made his car available for us and we arrived at the airport at the same time as the shuttle.

Canuck40

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any comments on travel Co., Newport Travel?

Sent from my A3-A10 using Tapatalk