• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Full Points Accounting

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get a full accounting of points and how they have been used? I'm thinking of something along the lines of a bank statement which shows each transaction in detail. I have seen the listing of current and past reservations within the account view but this isn't showing me all the information I would like.

The reason why I ask is because it appears as though my parent's account is roughly 150K short on points from what I believe it should be. From what they said, there were points remaining at the end of last year and they deposited what was left into RCI. I believe that means that there should be a full balance of points available for this year (Jan-Dec contract). However, when I total up the points used in the reservations made so far for this year and compare it to the remaining points I end up short. My parents don't know why this is the case. There are no canceled reservation points.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My guess is that they used this year's points for some of last year's reservations. It can get confusing if there were cancellations and canceled points last year.

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know my parents have made guest reservations for friends beyond the few times I've used it, but the points that show up as used the previous year don't come close to the annual total. Plus, they definitely had points remaining at the end of last year so I don't understand what scenario could have occurred for points to be taken for this year. I don't believe there were any canceled reservations last year, but I'll need verify that. Unfortunately my parents never really kept careful records of all their point transactions and I'm just now getting up to speed with the different ways points can be used.

I find it really surprising that Wyndham does not provide detailed statements for every transaction that is made within an account. If not monthly, then at least quarterly. Points should be treated and watched as carefully as money, in my opinion. Going forward I'll be using a spreadsheet to track their use.

I just now saw the other thread where others have had issues with system glitches that have caused points to go missing. It's quite worrisome that the reservation system does not appear to be particularly robust, and it's only because the owner happened to catch the error that it was able to be rectified.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Did you access your parent's RCI account to see if the points are there? If they didn't transfer the points to RCI before the end of their contract year, those points would have expired and been lost.

Points don't roll over (unless they are deposited to the credit pool in advance of the use year). And points transferred into RCI aren't available for use for Wyndham reservations. You have to go into the RCI account to view them and make an RCI reservation.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another possibility---they made some guest reservations for people checking in during 2015. If so, that would use 2015 points, not 2014 points (unless the latter were placed into the credit pool.)

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not quite true

Even though there are system glitches (which is concerning) there is also access to an audit trail.

I recently had significant errors in a large account. (I didn't even get to see the errors before Wyndham identified the issue, because they saw the issue in real time, while I wouldn't see it until the next day). They can do a "points audit" where they review the transactions and make adjustments if there is anything wrong. In my case, they initiated the process on their end, because as they were pooling points, some of them "doubled". I was making reservations with an agent at the same time another agent was still working on the backlog of the credit pool, and that apparently caused the problem.

You may be able to call owner services and request a points audit, if you think there were errors glitches that may have resulted in the loss of points.

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you access your parent's RCI account to see if the points are there? If they didn't transfer the points to RCI before the end of their contract year, those points would have expired and been lost.

I did take a look at their RCI account. There are point in there, but it's not the same amount as the difference between what I expect to have available for this year, and what actually is available. Plus, I don't know why they would have deposited any of this year's points. I have asked them to see if they can dig up any details of that transaction last year.

Another possibility---they made some guest reservations for people checking in during 2015. If so, that would use 2015 points, not 2014 points (unless the latter were placed into the credit pool.)

I don't see any current 2015 reservations other than those I made. If they made a 2015 reservation in 2014 and then canceled it, would those canceled points have to be used by the end of 2014? If that is the case then this is a possibility. I don't recall them saying anything to me about 2015 reservations but I have not asked that specifically.

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may be able to call owner services and request a points audit, if you think there were errors glitches that may have resulted in the loss of points.

Thanks. We might do this if I can't get to the bottom of it otherwise. It's good to know they have access to the detailed info, even if we don't have a record to match it up against.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. We might do this if I can't get to the bottom of it otherwise. It's good to know they have access to the detailed info, even if we don't have a record to match it up against.

You can check past reservations. Use the "view confirmations" tab. And then choose 2014 tab. That will show all of last years reservations even the canceled ones. It won't show the points used for each reservation. But it does give you a starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
You can check past reservations. Use the "view confirmations" tab. And then choose 2014 tab. That will show all of last years reservations even the canceled ones. It won't show the points used for each reservation. But it does give you a starting point.

i've never seen tabs for different years. There is a "past reservations" tab that shows me some of my 2014 ones, but I don't think it's all of them.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
i've never seen tabs for different years. There is a "past reservations" tab that shows me some of my 2014 ones, but I don't think it's all of them.

I'm pretty sure it IS all of them, at least all of them that weren't cancelled. In my case there are also a large number of "past reservations" that I didn't make (the previous owners of the timeshares I've purchased made them and the records go with them if it's the last contract in the account.)

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I'm pretty sure it IS all of them, at least all of them that weren't cancelled. In my case there are also a large number of "past reservations" that I didn't make (the previous owners of the timeshares I've purchased made them and the records go with them if it's the last contract in the account.)

Huh. I thought I took a couple more than what is shown, but maybe I'm misremembering.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Huh. I thought I tok a couple more than what is shown, but maybe I'm misremembering.

Maybe it is a rolling 12 months previous. But I have several showing that are more than 12 months old, but nothing from prior to 2014.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I don't think everything in in past reservations. And some cancellations are there and some are not. And the points aren't there. Pretty useless, IMO.

I agree the best thing to do is call and have a VC or Owner Services run through things with you. They have access to a much better audit trail than we do.

I'm with you rubbub, initially shocked at the lack of detail and fairly convinced there's no checks or balances within the system. Eric, I'm surprised they actually caught something. I agree, points are money and yet the audit trail available to owners is incredibly lacking.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think everything in in past reservations. And some cancellations are there and some are not. And the points aren't there. Pretty useless, IMO.

I agree the best thing to do is call and have a VC or Owner Services run through things with you. They have access to a much better audit trail than we do.

I'm with you rubbub, initially shocked at the lack of detail and fairly convinced there's no checks or balances within the system. Eric, I'm surprised they actually caught something. I agree, points are money and yet the audit trail available to owners is incredibly lacking.

The past reservations show my prior reservations including cancellations. If yours are missing it is likely you cancelled them same day you reserved them. Apparently going through one day sets them into this folder. I use it as a great resource. Not sure why others react as though it's useless. I think it fits the OP's request nicely even if it doesn't fit everyone's perceived needs.

As far as audit trail, I would like to have that available. However, at what cost? Any resource added gives support for even more cost increases. After seeing a one year increase of almost 10% of my MFs on one property, I'm more inclined to recommend we use due diligence and the current resources that are plenty useful.

Wes

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have a spreadsheet that I use to track additions and subtractions to my points in various buckets. By use year, by status (regular, cancel, pooled) and as I book/cancel reservations I update the points and then check them 24 hours or more after. It take at least a day for the current transactions to appear reflected in the totals of the points summary page. I basically want to know what points types I have and when they expire.

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen the past reservations listing. Unfortunately it wasn't useful in resolving my current issue. In my case I only see two reservations for 2014 and combined they do not come close to equaling the number of points we have for a full year (using the current points chart for the resorts in question). I don't see any canceled reservations.

To be clear, I'm not saying that there has a mistake with the account. There is likely a perfectly valid reason as to why the points are gone. However, it's disconcerting that I have no visibility within the account itself to know how that happened.

It looks like calling them is going to be the only way to get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the replies, everyone.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like calling them is going to be the only way to get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Please let us know the resolution of the matter. Especially if the past reservations tab is inaccurate. It will help me to rely on something else.

Wes

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
To follow up, my parents called Wyndham and were told that 2015 points were used for one of the 2014 reservations. They were satisfied by this answer but didn't get an explanation as to why that occurred as I would have thought there should have been enough points available in 2014 to cover the transaction. I'm not positive on that, though.

They didn't get an answer as to what exactly should be shown in the past reservations view.

We've started the process of getting me added to the deed & as an account owner, so I may call them back once that is finalized to get more information.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
To follow up, my parents called Wyndham and were told that 2015 points were used for one of the 2014 reservations. They were satisfied by this answer but didn't get an explanation as to why that occurred as I would have thought there should have been enough points available in 2014 to cover the transaction. I'm not positive on that, though.

They didn't get an answer as to what exactly should be shown in the past reservations view.

We've started the process of getting me added to the deed & as an account owner, so I may call them back once that is finalized to get more information.

While you are being added to the deed(s) add your wife and children if any so it doesn't cost a guest certificate is any of them travel without you.