• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Multiple contract/location confusion

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at W.57th (resale) and just bought Flamingo resale. These are in two contracts, and I can see both in my HGCV account.

When I look, I see one line item with the total (sum) of all the points. They don't seem to be distinguished at all. When I use Revolution and look at booking at W.57th, no matter where I go in time, the system claims that the full set of points are available. I had thought that W. 57th only allowed non-owners to book relatively close in (something like 44 days, IIRC), but I seem able to use all the points anywhere on the time scale.

What am I missing here?

Cheers.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Your points do end up in a single pool.

Because you own at W57, you can see the availability there for the extended booking window.

As a non-W57 owner, i will only see the availability for the next 44 days, which means i have very limited hopes of finding a room....

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your points do end up in a single pool.

Because you own at W57, you can see the availability there for the extended booking window.

As a non-W57 owner, i will only see the availability for the next 44 days, which means i have very limited hopes of finding a room....

Thanks. So (theoretically) if I owned a single W. 57th point and 999 elsewhere, I'd have 1000 I could use during the W. 57th window?

Very different from DVC (our other timeshare) where points always know their home and only combine at the minimum window.

Very good to know going forward if we buy more points.

Cheers.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
No, it shouldn't work that way during the Home priority booking period.
Normally, Revolution will stop you when you actually try to book it.

Try selecting the days using the full amount and proceed as if you were actually trying to reserve it. It shouldn't include any Flamingo points however it may try to use other points associated with your West 57th ownership (borrowed, deposited or rescued points).

NOTE: The Home Resort rules for West 57th allows you to use borrowed, deposited and rescued points unlike the Home Week Rule for the other HGVC resorts

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try selecting the days using the full amount and proceed as if you were actually trying to reserve it. It shouldn't include any Flamingo points however it may try to use other points associated with your West 57th ownership (borrowed, deposited or rescued points).

NOTE: The Home Resort rules for West 57th allows you to use borrowed, deposited and rescued points unlike the Home Week Rule for the other HGVC resorts

I just tried to book something a couple of months out using more points than I have remaining for this year in ur W. 57th stash, so it was eating into the Flamingo stash. I got all the way to the last tab (with the Book Vacation button) and there was no problem, and no notification that points would be borrowed. I didn't want to hit the booking, but I'd think that it would stop me and indicate the need to borrow prior to that if it were going to do so.

Cheers.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I just tried to book something a couple of months out using more points than I have remaining for this year in ur W. 57th stash, so it was eating into the Flamingo stash. I got all the way to the last tab (with the Book Vacation button) and there was no problem, and no notification that points would be borrowed. I didn't want to hit the booking, but I'd think that it would stop me and indicate the need to borrow prior to that if it were going to do so.

Cheers.

LOL, sounds like a system bug that works to your advantage ;)

Yes, it should have asked you about borrowing points earlier in the process so I agree it must be using your Flamingo points.

With the other HGVC resorts (excluding the NY properties), your Home Week is a fixed allotment based your annual points. The West 57th Home Resort rules behaves like Club season so I guess someone forgot to add the restrictions.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
brp. :hi: Where ya been? :p

If it's broken, don't fix it. :ignore:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
brp. :hi: Where ya been? :p

If it's broken, don't fix it. :ignore:

Been around a bit, but more time on a Disney owners board- much more controversial and they let many bad words through :)

Oh, I don't want it fixed...just curious...

Cheers.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Been around a bit, but more time on a Disney owners board- much more controversial and they let many bad words through :)

Oh, I don't want it fixed...just curious...

Cheers.

Glad you came by to visit. :wave:

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
That's great news. I hope the same bug works in our favor. We already owned Flamingo and bought W. 57th St. in November. We're still waiting for the closing to finalize. How long did closing take when you purchased W. 57th St.?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's great news. I hope the same bug works in our favor. We already owned Flamingo and bought W. 57th St. in November. We're still waiting for the closing to finalize. How long did closing take when you purchased W. 57th St.?

Not short, although I don't recall exactly. We got that about a year ago. The Flamingo that we just got was like 3 months, and they don't have ROFR. We started this on Oct. 30...so you should be close. Congrats!

In the end, the Vegas points are really for use at Bay Club. Just got back from there (again) and still love it.

Cheers.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
You must tell me about this board...too much sunshine and rainbows on DISBoards :)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
You must tell me about this board...too much sunshine and rainbows on DISBoards :)

www.mouseowners.com

The board owner/administrator (Kim) is awesome. As ornery as they come and just a whole lot of fun. Very spirited conversations and a lot of great information without the religious fervor of the DISBoards (referred to on MO as "the other board").

Join and enjoy!!

Cheers.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
without the religious fervor of the DISBoards (referred to on MO as "the other board"). Cheers.
Thanks! Love this. Or maybe "the board which cannot be named"? :)

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If it's broken, don't fix it.

IOW... "Let sleeping dogs lie."

While we like to note defects in their booking engine, some of 'em work for us.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Or as we say in the software industry.... "that's not a bug, its an undocumented feature.." :rofl:

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
www.mouseowners.com

The board owner/administrator (Kim) is awesome. As ornery as they come and just a whole lot of fun. Very spirited conversations and a lot of great information without the religious fervor of the DISBoards (referred to on MO as "the other board").

Join and enjoy!!
Cheers.
BTW, joined MO today -- didn't last a day. I got banned -- a first in 18 years being relatively active in online communities. Apparently it's run by a tyrannical dictator who doesn't take kindly to n00bs offering to help solve technical problems with their site. I was told, and I quote "F off". Nice, I knew it was wild and crazy based on what you said, but if it's going to be that kinds of party... So, yeah, eating my words -- sunshine and rainbows doesn't sound all that bad. Thanks for the recommendation though...good thought :D

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, joined MO today -- didn't last a day. I got banned -- a first in 18 years being relatively active in online communities. Apparently it's run by a tyrannical dictator who doesn't take kindly to n00bs offering to help solve technical problems with their site. I was told, and I quote "F off". Nice, I knew it was wild and crazy based on what you said, but if it's going to be that kinds of party... So, yeah, eating my words -- sunshine and rainbows doesn't sound all that bad. Thanks for the recommendation though...good thought :D

Yeah, it works for some, but not for others. I think Kim is great in running the board, but I can see where she might not take well to someone joining and immediately telling her what she's doing wrong. I know I wouldn't :)

We each find places that work for us...different strokes.

Cheers.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, it works for some, but not for others. I think Kim is great in running the board, but I can see where she might not take well to someone joining and immediately telling her what she's doing wrong. I know I wouldn't :)

We each find places that work for us...different strokes.

Cheers.
That's not what happened.

All that said, the community itself is awesome -- it's just run by a nutter.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's not what happened.

All that said, the community itself is awesome -- it's just run by a nutter.

Thanks for the clarification. Even if OT here, I found it interesting. Different perspective to be sure and I agree completely both what how you handled things and with your last line above :D

To give you some additional perspective- she's done this before with the public bullying and publishing of what are supposed to br Private Messages. I've taken her on on the board on more than one occasion and called her out. A few others will do so, but too many just fall in line. She knows when she's being an a-hole and will occasionally apologize...but rarely. However, she doesn't ban those of us who point out what she's doing...because she knows.

If this info were still there I'd join in for fun...but we've been enjoying W. 57th for a few days, so I haven't read there, and only see these because I'm subscribed to the thread :)

Cheers.

Last edited:

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the clarification. Even if OT here, I found it interesting. Different perspective to be sure and I agree completely both what how you handled things and with your last line above :D

To give you some additional perspective- she's done this before with the public bullying and publishing of what are supposed to br Private Messages. I've taken her on on the board on more than one occasion and called her out. A few others will do so, but too many just fall in line. She knows when she's being an a-hole and will occasionally apologize...but rarely. However, she doesn't ban those of us who point out what she's doing...because she knows.

If this info were still there I'd join in for fun...but we've been enjoying W. 57th for a few days, so I haven't read there, and only see these because I'm subscribed to the thread :)

Cheers.
Final response....I get running a forum is an unappreciated job, but chopping off a FNG's head for providing feedback isn't the way to welcome people to the community, especially someone who despite being new to the community and told to F off, has posted 20 positive contributions to your forum, as well as hundreds on TUG, DVCNews, and DISBoards. That said, while initially banned, I was subsequently downgraded to a 2 week "vacation" and she did apologize (although not to me since I was already banned at that point) for her behavior http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1063592&postcount=3. I enjoy the forum, and have for years vicariously through my wife who is always telling me information from there. That said, I'm not sure how I feel. We'll see in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
MO is not for everyone.
I enjoy the community and prefer it to Disboards and Kim grows on you after a while.
Just don't tell her what to do, it's her sandbox. ;)