• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Whats the most Inexpensive way to get in II?

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive been a member of RCI Points now for 4 years. I own a top Points resort in the RCI points system - 86,500 points for my 1 BR 1 week interval. I can hardly find anything worthwhile to do with my points - Its very hard to get good RCI places, I suspect they are selling off their inventory to other Cendant companies through a web of internet companies and partners - if you check the internet you will find tons of websites offering weeks at RCI places with suspicious links/relationships to Cendant companies. While they might not be going against membership terms and conditions, i dont think the wider membership is aware that they are allowing their partners to profit from RCI inventory. Using RCI points to get on cruises/airline tickets/car rentals etc are another story.

I have seen many great II resorts and was wondering if there is a cheap way to get an II membership. I know with RCI there are some vendors that sell you a block of points to trade without any actual timeshare - of course you have to pay an annual mtce fee based on the size of the block. Also i ve seen on the Ask RCI section, Madge tell how you can continue your RCI membership even after you've sold your timeshare. Does anyone know how to get in II without buying an actual II time share? Also Whats some of most best value II resorts to get in II.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
i believe the only way to get into II is to purchase a t/s affiliated with II.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Best value II resorts, imo, Marriotts. Manor Club in Wmsbrg (platinum season) can be had resale for $8K and sometimes less if you luck out. You get Marriott internal exchange priority too...and discounted exchange fees into other Marriotts.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
FYI...II also rents out and sells the weeks of it's members to numerous outlets. This is a fact of life with both RCI and II.

As for the cheapest way to get into II, I would suggest that you take a look at the previous II trading tests that were conducted here on TUG. They can be found on the Sightings board. This will give you some ideas as to which weeks may suit your needs and how they trade.

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could also buy a cheap FF package that has II as the external exchange company as your first FF ownership. SI, GG etc.

Stan

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
... I can hardly find anything worthwhile to do with my points - Its very hard to get good RCI places, I suspect they are selling off their inventory to other Cendant companies through a web of internet companies and partners - if you check the internet you will find tons of websites offering weeks at RCI places with suspicious links/relationships to Cendant companies. While they might not be going against membership terms and conditions, i dont think the wider membership is aware that they are allowing their partners to profit from RCI inventory....
I'm curious about this. What have you tried for, not gotten, but found on these other web sites. Whenever I try for something that I am not getting via RCI, I have not found it on the other web sites.

(I do see lots of RCI stuff on, for example, Snap Travel, but it is stuff that I could have gotten earlier if I had wanted it. When I ask about specific resorts or areas that I have not been able to obtain through RCI, there is never anything available.)

So, again, what sorts of things have you been seeing that you wish you could have gotten with your points and where?