• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tug Rules!!

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last night i checked the RCI Last call (points) and for the first time in almost a year - i saw that the Caribbean was available. When i checked I am seeing over 30 places available for April and May! Granted that most of the is the DR and St Martin - I have never seen this much (even DR) - I wonder if well see some Barbados again. I know there has been alot of talk about last call availability here on Ask RCI.

Madge, did you have a word with the good people in your office ? Or is it because we hit April? Did they fix the website? Anyway i think its a good start.

juluca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last Call

I noticed the same thing! Glad:) to see the Caribbean back, again!

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
Is that TUG Rules or TUG Rules! ? :D

Someone reported seeing one of the MIAs in my Jan in SW FL search, yesterday morning.

Could it be an April Fools joke, and those who found stuff will find that out today?

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Improved Availablility

I think Madge has be talking to her folks - I've noticed since last week that all the Caribbean places that come up in 45 days show between 8000-9000 points exchange - there were problems with that recently. Also last call for the Caribbean shows in the 40's + and places are available in less than one week - i don't think i've (for example 7th april thats this Saturday) ever seen that on RCI's website. Although more than half of it is DR - you are getting better DR and some decent NA places. Also the Last Call availability drop down list is much bigger.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
I think they listen, and respond to things we say here, sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad.

But, in my lengthy attempts to deal with stuff like trading power, what folks are able to see and trade for, I have never seen any evidence that anyone there is able to influence any of that, or that many even are privey to that sort of stuff and how it works. I could say more, talk about my experiences with different folks there for hours, but not in an open forum.

ndonovan

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm moving this thread to Exchanging since there is no question for Madge in here.

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
to ndonovan

What do you call this:

"Madge, did you have a word with the good people in your office ? Or is it because we hit April? Did they fix the website? Anyway i think its a good start"

YOU may not think this is a worthwhile question but understanding why there is sudden availability and how RCI makes these decisions is important