• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshares in Central Oregon

Hawaiibarb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Oregon in early July, and I'd like to schedule some extra time to go to the Sisters Quilt Show which is on July 11 (as I recall). Are the timeshares in Central Oregon hard to get in the summer? Which do you recommend?

Barb in Honolulu

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have enjoyed Eagle Crest in Redmond. Can't speak to the difficulty of getting a ressie. Trying sooner is better than later.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second Eagle Crest. We drove to Sisters while staying @ EC and it was fairly close. I believe there are also timeshares in Sunriver, but that would be further.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
the seventh mountain resort is now a wyndham resort. best place to stay in bend but a little further to get to sisters

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
When I was looking last year there was little to no availability in that area in the summer. YMMV

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barb-

July is prime time in Central Oregon.

Eagle Crest is available through both II and RCI. Worldmark has units there too.

Nothing is available now in all three systems for your date.

Put in an ongoing search and you may have success. I have been looking for another unit there in early August. There have been some dates in late July and early August that I have seen recently but nothing that matched my needs.

It is a nice drive to Sisters from Eagle Crest.

ChrisandBeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
VI has a property in Sunriver Oregon about 45 minutes away. It's fully booked on the VI website but you should consider including it on an OGS.

Much further away (2/12 hrs) is a really nice property in Klamath Falls, the Running Y a WorldMark property. It's a great place in its own right and would be an easy "get". Worldmark is showing lots of availability in July for one bedroom units and scattered July inventory in larger units.

Chris

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
VI has a property in Sunriver Oregon about 45 minutes away. It's fully booked on the VI website but you should consider including it on an OGS.

Much further away (2/12 hrs) is a really nice property in Klamath Falls, the Running Y a WorldMark property. It's a great place in its own right and would be an easy "get". Worldmark is showing lots of availability in July for one bedroom units and scattered July inventory in larger units.

Chris

Running Y to Sisters is closer to 3.5 hours by the time you drive through Bend and its heavy summer traffic. It makes no sense as a base to access the quilt show in Sisters.

Eagle Crest is the best timeshare; about a half hour to Sisters followed by the Inn at Seventh Mtn.

However, the quilt show in Sisters is very popular and has been for many years. Lodging in the area for that weekend will be tough. Try for Eagle Crest, but you should also look at other options. There are lots of vacation homes in the area and I would look at those. Black Butte Ranch is 6 miles west of Sisters and has a mix of condos and houses. Eagle Crest also has privately owned houses in addition to the timeshare condos owned by individuals or Worldmark. There are other complexes around as well. Do a search on vrbo.com/flipkey/homeaway etc. I've stayed at Black Butte quite a few times and prefer it for it's cooler temps (in the trees vs the sagebrush) and the general setting.

Sue

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
What sue1947 said. I own at Eagle Crest and it's a very easy short drive to Sisters. SunRiver is south of Bend, so it's a bit of a commute to Sisters, but not a big deal if you're spending the entire day at the quilt show.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love Eagle Crest

Eagle Crest really sounds nice, but I'll try your other ideas, too. Many thanks!

We have stayed at Eagle Crest during the summer about 10 times and never had a problem getting in. I don't know about the quilt show and maybe nothing was going on all the times we were in the area. We own 3 other timeshares plus Worldmark points and have used both in different years to get in, several times we waited till about 2 months out to book.
We've also stayed at hotels in the area for a day or two and found them very inexpensive compared to California. Good luck and have fun.
Bart

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at Eagle Crest during the summer about 10 times and never had a problem getting in. I don't know about the quilt show and maybe nothing was going on all the times we were in the area. We own 3 other timeshares plus Worldmark points and have used both in different years to get in, several times we waited till about 2 months out to book.
We've also stayed at hotels in the area for a day or two and found them very inexpensive compared to California. Good luck and have fun.
Bart

I agree. Eagle Crest is a huge resort and typically has a lot of availability. We've booked our week there (Summer Preferred Plus, which is a float week from 6/15 to 9/15) well into late Spring.

dr.debs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We love Eagle Crest but prior posters are correct, July is high season. There are plenty of motels/hotel options in Sisters, Bend and Redmond. You might try VRBO at Black Butte Ranch if you are unable to exchange into Eagle Crest.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Stoneridge Townhomes in Sunriver and the units are beautiful. Probably the largest timeshare unit we have ever stayed at. It is more like a condo complex than a resort so wouldn't be good if you looking for lots of activities. You can walk to the Village which has shops and restaurants.

Lynn

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I was looking at Eaglecrest to make a June reservation using Worldmark. It is looking pretty tight for this summer. I was able to grab the Friday and Saturday I needed in a 2 bed chalet.

I was also looking at the Inn at the 7th Mountain and found rooms available but only studios for the nights I need.

On the Vacation Internationale site I was able to grab a studio in Sun River for a few nights.

Often times we use vrbo for Bend.

Bill