• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adding resale points to VIP Account

indy_user

Reaction score
I appreciate all the great information I have found on this forum! One question I haven't found an answer to is this:

If I become a Wyndham VIP member and buy resale points, will I be able to use those resale points like they are VIP points (with the discount advantages within X days, cancellation benefits, guest certificate benefits, etc.)? I assume they would be under the same online account, but I wasn't sure if the online system was smart enough to know which points are VIP and which points are resale and how that works.

If you have experience doing this or if you could point me to information in the owners manual that speaks to this it would be of great benefit!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the great information I have found on this forum! One question I haven't found an answer to is this:

If I become a Wyndham VIP member and buy resale points, will I be able to use those resale points like they are VIP points (with the discount advantages within X days, cancellation benefits, guest certificate benefits, etc.)? I assume they would be under the same online account, but I wasn't sure if the online system was smart enough to know which points are VIP and which points are resale and how that works.

If you have experience doing this or if you could point me to information in the owners manual that speaks to this it would be of great benefit!

The system knows, but if you add resale points to your VIP account you will enjoy the same discounts and upgrades with these points as your points that made you vip. They wont move you up. So if you are gold and add 500000 resale points resale, you will still be gold and still get just 10 guest certs

lcml11

Reaction score
The system knows, but if you add resale points to your VIP account you will enjoy the same discounts and upgrades with these points as your points that made you vip. They wont move you up. So if you are gold and add 500000 resale points resale, you will still be gold and still get just 10 guest certs

That is my understanding also, but have not tried it.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is how it works. About half my points are resale. They work just like my developer points for VIP discounts. It remains to be seen if they will work with the new Club Pass system. Because of my developer points I will have access to Club Pass, but I don't know if all my points will work with it. Also, I doubt I will use Club Pass, so it will be up to others to figure that out.