• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How happy are you with your Marriott ownership?

How happy are you with your Marriott ownership?

• I'm very happy with my Marriott ownership.

Votes: 485 50.1%
  • I'm happy, even though there are occasional problems (e.g., trying to reserve the week I want).

Votes: 250 25.8%
  • I'm neutral.

Votes: 65 6.7%
  • I'm a bit unhappy with my ownership, but have no current plans to dispose of my Marriott ownership.

Votes: 91 9.4%
  • I'm unhappy, want to sell and would not buy another Marriott.

Votes: 77 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Add your vote when the poll opens in a few minutes.

Just voted! Great poll Dave, I'm very interested to see the results.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
I think my username speaks for itself. :D

taffy19

Reaction score
I have voted and we are very happy now. I am really curious what the results are but most people here know how to use the system and work it to their advantage. This is great!

Marriott should do this poll with all their customers and see how people feel who have no clue how to use the system. I have to give them credit because they are trying to teach us how to use the system and II when you visit our resort so people can be educated and use it to their advantage too. :) We diddn't attend because we plan on just staying here. We love Maui and all the Hawaiian Islands! :D

laxmom

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
Reaction score
I have to admit that I am happier with my Marriotts post Tug than I was pre-Tug! We were ready to give it back at one point in that first year. I think Marriott should pay for a one year membership to TUG for new owners!!:D

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I'm somewhere between the first two choices but voted "very happy". I agree with the others that TUG is an enhancement of Marriott ownership, and maybe that's why I'm very happy despite knowing there may be occasional problems. I'll just come here to get the experts' help figuring out those problems!

Susan

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
I hold Marriott to a higher standard so not as happy but probably would not abandon MVCI. They have unfulfilled potential yet are still way ahead of most.

Issues that lower my satisfaction:
1. Not as flexible as I would like
2. Nuisance fees to change reservations, lock-off, split, trade for points (not that I pay all of them, but I find them irritating none the less)
3. No true internal trade system (II arrangement is mediocre in my view)
4. Limited functionality of owner web site

What keeps me for now:
1. Consistency in product and staff quality that is sufficient for my enjoyment and provides adequate value for what I am paying
2. Resort locations fit my needs
3. Brand loyalty from the hotel side which gets my business and short stay leisure travel

What would cause me to leave:
1. Fees increasing beyond the utility/value of the experience
2. If staff or resort quality and/or delivery consistency falter
3. Significant adverse program changes

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
I voted "very" happy with Marriott. My only gripe are the MF's but then again, it's Hawaii so I guess this is typical. Waiohai is such a nice place that I just bite the bullet and keep on rolling... :annoyed:

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Without Tug I never would have purchased one. It was through Tug that I decided it can financially be a good thing with little or no risk.

JimH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love my Marriott, wish I could find an airline that I feel as good about!

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love my Marriott, wish I could find an airline that I feel as good about!

You know so far so good with our Surf Club unit...very happy so far. The only tough thing about TSing is finding a relatively cheap airfare (or frequent flyer mileage availability) to match our weeks. Othere than that we are really pleased.

We could do without all the little fees though........ ;)

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
You know so far so good with our Surf Club unit...very happy so far. The only tough thing about TSing is finding a relatively cheap airfare (or frequent flyer mileage availability) to match our weeks. Othere than that we are really pleased.

We could do without all the little fees though........ ;)

Your 'finding cheap airfare' comment is interesting. My experience has been airfare to Savannah is cheap. From MSP we can usually find something around $200-$220. Now finding reasonable airfares to Myrtle Beach is another story. Usually the cheapest I can find is in the $400+ range. :mad: :(

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Accurate Poll

If we really want to know how Marriott owners feel about their TS, then I suggest having Marriott send a letter to all of its owners telling them that they have the opportunity to give up their TS in exchange for a full refund. I suspect that soon afterwards Marriott would have to file for Ch 11.

Needless to say, I give Marriott the lowest rating.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We voted very happy. We use our Marriott's T/S for business and very special family occasions.

CatJ114683

TUG Member
Reaction score
We thouroughly enjoy our TS w/ Marriott. We have never had trouble using or trading since we have owned it (2004).

Nsivertsen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just voted. Can't even go there anymore with just my wife. Kids and grandkids love it there. Things we sacrifice for kids. Grand Ocean.
RichS

susiequeve

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've had our Marriott Cypress Harbour unit (Sport Week) for 10 years. We absolutely love it there and it trades to Aruba (3x off season) very well. Needless to say, we are very happy owners. :cheer:

Reaction score
Not Happy with Reservation to Oceanwatch

Sounds like this is a pervasive problem, getting in on high season in MOW. This is my first Marriott TS and it's turning me off in a bad way. For 2 years now, I couldn't stay on my own resort (I'm a Gold owner and wonders if I should've went for Platinum). Does the Platinum owners have the same problem due to the resort's popularity? We tried to get in a few days earlier (I thought we have 13 months advance) and was told it was too early. Tried a few days after and it was already fully booked.

Is it this ridiculous to get in ? I'm also a Disney owner, but I'm not having this same experience. So yea, I'm pretty bummed about this so far. :annoyed:

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was a bit disenchanted with our Marriott week prior to discovering TUG because I wasn't getting the maximum out of our trading ability due to lack of understanding the ins and outs of exchanging. Since becoming a member of TUG, our enjoyment of our Marriott week has skyrocketed! We feel very confident we can now really use the system to our advantage and have already enjoyed one great trade thanks to all we have learned here on TUG.

We are locking off our unit for next year and are excited to see what trades we can get. This will be the first time we hopefully get two weeks for our one week and are excited at that prospect!

Janna

andypoole

TUG Member
Reaction score
The poll currently shows that 87% are happy - i.e. in the first two categories. That's an astonishly high approval rate and certainly has a lot to do with the poll being conducted among Tuggers. But even so...

Tony&Perry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disgusted 6 week MCVI owner

I bought all my weeks through Marriott and feel completely violated by the new program changes. Please remove the Marriott "family" photos from the sales offices and the implicit promise of good american christian values of TRUST which inspired me to buy.

Everyone seems very unhappy. Why didn't Marriott gives us more time to use the points we have been saving? Or start a two tier program to allow us to use "old" points on the original awards and new points in the "improved" program.
At least the airlines did this.......

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
My vote changed so much from 3 months ago when I would have said so very, very happy. Not so anymore.

tompk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still happy

I was concerned when I first read of the changes to the points program. I followed Brian's points usage advice and I have since booked a week in London using 150k points and a week in Paris at the Marriott CE using 150k points for next Sept. I have also used 120K miles from a travel package along with 80k miles that I already had and booked 2 business class airline tickets to get us to and from London/Paris. MSRP on the hotel stays and airfare is somewhere a little over $14,000, so I feel like I'm doing ok with my $20,000 outlay to buy Manor Club a year ago and looking forward to a first class trip. Probably be going with 5 night hotel stays under the revised points program and that will probably be ok.

BayAreaRedSoxFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mad As Hell At Aruba Marriott Ocean Club Mgmt

:mad: I am not happy the way the Marriott Management Team is treating the owners at the Aruba Ocean Club. I am sure you all have seen other posts but the roof, the overall construction and now the huge increase in maintenance fee plus two special assessments means we got burned by dear JW "Bill" Marriott and the once wonderful Marriott Management. Time to sell but who will buy????????

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
In response to the previous post- I can certainly understand why Ocean Club owners are very upset; evidently the resort was a renovation of a pre-existing structure and the construction was subpar and owners there are justified in expecting an equitable resolution.

That said, we own at the Surf Club and continue to be very happy with our purchase, and am in the process of adding to our ownership. I still think Marriott offers the most bang for the buck, so to speak- quality, diversity, flexibility and ease of use (with a bit of Tug's help on the learning curve there ;) ). I have and will continue to recommend it to friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.