• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchase points or deeded week for Benley Brook Mountain Club

keepgoing

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to vaca in Week 52 every year in Benley Brook mountain club because of Kids schedule which does not give me much flexibility on other weeks than week 52. So I think I have two options:

1) buying deeded fixed week 52 in Bentley Brook mountain club for about $10K, (only found one sales ad so far, they seems hard to come by).

2) buying pointed from ebay from other Wydham properties (have not found Bentley brook points for sale) for about $500 for 210K points which exceeded pointed need for that week #52 prime time needed (at least it exceeds the points needed on paper).

Now my big question is, how realistic to use points to book a prime ski week in a non home resort?

thanks in advance

NJCOBRA10tha

Reaction score
If you book it 10 months in advance you should be able to do it.
I watched availability for BB to see if it made sense to book and rent it out. I can't say that I definately saw availability for week 52 but did see very good availability throughout the winter when I was looking 10 months in advance.

keepgoing

TUG Member
Reaction score
have anyone seen availability in Week 52 in BB?

thanks for the reply. If my schedule is flex, I would buy the points for way less cost and pick any winter week. But since Kids (4 and 6) are in school for at least 12 more years, week #52 would be my only skiiing week for the upcoming 12 years.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you only want 1 week. Buy fix week. It will reduce all your headach.

But I am pretty sure X'Mas does not always week 52.

Don't need rush. There are other selections during X'Mas.

Jya-Ning

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy the points...

I've had NO problem booking Bently Brook 10 months in advance for Christmas, also have banked a 28K week with RCI and have gotten Bentley for Christmas. In addition, one year we did Quebec for 4 nights, then drove to Bentley for 1 week. You will get more use from the points and a BETTER PRICE to boot.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Don't buy fixed week(s)

Fixed weeks don't always fall on the dates you actually need. Points lets you request the exact dates every year. At 10 months out we've never had any problem getting the resort/unit size/dates we wanted. It cannot be guaranteed but it's about 98% sure. A fixed week may not fall on the exact dates 98% of the time. Points are cheaper, more salable in the future (at resale price leveles you would buy at) than a fixed week and far more flexible ESPECIALLY if something changes in your life (hey, it happens) and you don't want to go the Bentley Brook on week 52 for some reason some time.

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd go for the points. I have a feeling that you probably aren't going to want to spend a whole week in the Berkshires skiing, year after year. It's just not that great for skiing. It's a weekend trip for skiing at best, you'll get bored eventually.

In fact, the only so called "destination" ski resort that I would go to on the East Coast for a full week is Killington in Vermont. Even then, I wouldn't want to go there year after year.

I have a feeling that your children will be just as happy doing a few ski weekends in the Poconos and spending a week in Florida instead. Points will give you that flexibility.

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about RCI nightly stays? You might be able to get exactly the days you want even they bridge two different fixed weeks and pick from a few dozen resorts in the same area that aren't even FSP.

Perhaps buy a cheap fixed Red week at BB and convert it to FSP to get RCI Nightly stays.

BB would really be your home resort and you might get preference through RCI better than even other FSP owners (not sure about this)

Stan

keepgoing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks you all for great advise

I really appreciate all the great advise in such a short time. I feel more confident going for points now.