• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changes coming to VIP

rrlongwell

Reaction score
When I see the changes I will believe it...

Jason

Dear Owner,

Thank you for your interest in the Extra Holidays by Wyndham rental program.

Extra Holidays, LLC, A subsidiary of Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc. Operates a vacation rental program for condominium and timeshare accommodations. As an owner you have the option of using the services provided by Extra Holidays by Wyndham.

If you find you are unable to use your Club Wyndham Plus vacation reservation, fixed or floating week, Extra Holidays by Wyndham will be happy to list your confirmed reserved accommodations for rent on your behalf, subject to terms and conditions of the Extra Holidays Vacation Time Listing Agreement. Please note that there is no guarantee that your accommodations will be rented or on the amount, if any, you may receive in connection with the rental.

To participate in the rental program, please follow the steps below.
• Club Wyndham Plus points owners must book a reservation with a Club Wyndham Plus counselor
• Float week owners must contact their member services group to select a
week
• Please fill out (1) Vacation Time Listing Agreement per reservation/week
that you want to place up for rent.
• Please call Extra Holidays at least seventeen (17) days prior to the arrival date to check on status of your rental listing
• All owners must return the signed, completed agreement to us at least 30 days prior to arrival via fax, or to the following address:

Extra Holidays by Wyndham
Attention: Vacation Time Listing Program
8427 South Park Circle #500
Orlando, FL 32819

Owner Rental fax: 951-344-8227
Owner Rental: 800-446-1860 Ext. 2
Email: ownerrentals@extraholidays.com

Sincerely,
Extra Holidays by Wyndham

rrlongwell

Reaction score

Jason

The following is a extract from the Extra Holiday's contract (Please note paragraph 1 talks of the owner renting their timeshare as a "last choice" option.

"EXTRA HOLIDAYS®
VACATION TIME LISTING AGREEMENT
We want to be your last choice!This rental program has been designed as your last “non-vacation” option. Timeshares are purchased for vacationing; an
opportunity to enjoy special moments with family and friends. The first choice should always be to use or exchange your vacation reservation every year. And,
of course, you always have the option of letting a friend or relative use your vacation reservation if you are unable to do so. Your last choice should be to rent
your vacation. However, we know that vacations are not always possible, and if you can’t use all or part of your vacation reservation this year, Extra Holidays®
can assist you.
The Extra Holidays® Vacation Time Listing Program (the “Program”) has been designed to try to provide you with some income for your unused vacation
reservation. This is not a “get rich quick” program and you are not excused from your financial obligations to your association, but rather this is a service
provided to help prevent any vacation from going unused. JUST READ, SIGN & RETURN THIS AGREEMENT. IT’S THAT SIMPLE…
Complete the blank sections below, indicating your name, address and contact information, as well as the information regarding the
vacation reservation you wish to place in the Program. Be sure that ALL owners sign where indicated.
Mail the completed and signed Agreement to: Extra Holidays®
Attention: Vacation Time Listing Program
8427 South Park Circle, Ste. 500
Orlando, FL 32819
We will place your vacation reservation indicated below in the Program according to the season and unit classification. Please note:
Fixed weeks will retain their original reservation dates, provided no fixed week reservations shall be accepted more than 12 months in
advance of the check-in date.
Floating weeks will only be accepted into the Program with a confirmed reservation date, provided no floating week reservations shall be
accepted more than 12 months in advance of the check-in date.
Subject to the above, you may place all or part of your vacation reservation in the Program.
We are unable to accept any reservation deposited with an exchange company.
You must be current on all maintenance fees and assessments billed and due to your association for calendar year associated with your
reservation (“Reservation Year”) in order to be eligible to participate in the Program. In the event that we receive notice of your
delinquency, we reserve the right to remove your vacation reservation from the Program.
Your priority in the Program will be determined by the date we receive your fully completed and signed Vacation Time Listing Agreement.
Incomplete or inaccurate information may result in a delay or inability to include your reservation in the Program.
Your placement of the reservation into the Program shall at all times remain subject to any use restrictions, reservation guidelines or
cancellation policies imposed upon the reservation by your association.
If your vacation reservations (or any part thereof) are rented through this Program, you will receive sixty percent (60%) of the
Net Proceeds from the rental.
Extra Holidays® must receive contracts a minimum of 30 days prior to date of rental.
Read this Vacation Time Listing Agreement carefully and in full as it contains important information relative to placing your vacation reservation with Extra
Holidays® so that the same may be enjoyed by other vacationers. Please note that this Agreement is subject to all of the Terms and Conditions attached hereto
and made a part hereof. You must fill out one Vacation Time Listing Agreement per vacation reservation that you want to place up for rent …"

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score

Jason

https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts....ent_2nd_Amended_to_2nd_Amendment_2.4.2010.pdf

Please consult the above link under the new paragraph number 12.01. This paragraph state, "A member may not transfer his property interest nor permit other to use the points associated with associated therewith unless a member is current in his payments ..."

I do not see any other barrier preventing him/her from permitting someone else to use the points associated with the account.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not think Wyndham can limit the number of guest certificates anyways. It is my property.
But you grant usage of the property to the VOA in return for being a member of the trust, and are thereby subject to the trust's rules. A converted fixed-week owner can withdraw the week from the trust, and do whatever they want with that week. But, only that week, nothing else controlled by the VOA. I'm not sure what the equivalent mechanism (if any) is for UDI deeds, as I do not own one. And, for CWA Memberships, there definitely isn't an equivalent; the property is never "owned" by the "Member."

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts....ent_2nd_Amended_to_2nd_Amendment_2.4.2010.pdf

Please consult the above link under the new paragraph number 12.01. This paragraph state, "A member may not transfer his property interest nor permit other to use the points associated with associated therewith unless a member is current in his payments ..."

I do not see any other barrier preventing him/her from permitting someone else to use the points associated with the account.

Longwell,

If you think this means you can transfer points to other members for their use, you are mistaken. There is language in the Directory - which I am not going to look up because I am using my phone - that specifically prevents this previously allowed practice. The passage you reference only clarifies that your account must be current in order to SELL your ownership interests or to make reservations for yourself or guests.

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Longwell,

If you think this means you can transfer points to other members for their use, you are mistaken. There is language in the Directory - which I am not going to look up because I am using my phone - that specifically prevents this previously allowed practice. The passage you reference only clarifies that your account must be current in order to SELL your ownership interests or to make reservations for yourself or guests.

I am not talking about transferring points to another member. The system, as I now understand it, is that the owner needs to make the booking directly with wyndham then puts a guest pass on it. Since that is now a actual reservation, it can be transferred for free or rented or whatever.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not talking about transferring points to another member. The system, as I now understand it, is that the owner needs to make the booking directly with wyndham then puts a guest pass on it. Since that is now a actual reservation, it can be transferred for free or rented or whatever.

I have no idea what you are suggesting. Are you suggesting it is new that owners have to make reservations themselves? It's not. Are you suggesting that reservations can be transferred for free to other members without the use of a guest certificate? That's not correct. After a reservation has been made, it can't even be changed to a co-owner's name on the same account without using a guest certificate.

Where the passage you referenced refers to "transferring property interest", it is referring to SELLING your ownership, not to reservations.

Last edited:

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is one way of looking at it. I have seen/heard of a number of lawsuits that challenged/are challinging Wyndham's ability to do this.

Jason

Just to clarify my statement was about the lawsuits actually changing how the system is working...

As for extra holidays...good luck.

Just for fun (for an owners update) I looked up rental rates of what Wyndham was charging and after taking away their 40% It looked to me like I had to own close to 2,500,000 points all rented through extra holidays with an 80% rental rate at their best scenario which was sometime in December where EH was charging top dollar and it was still value for us for me to cover the MF payments on my 532,000. A lot of the rentals I saw wouldn't even cover the MF, let alone make money.

I looked one up quick. If you booked 7 nights at bonnet creek for a 3 bedroom deluxe over 4th of July week, it would cost you 308,000 points which at $5/K comes out to $1,540. EH is currently renting it for $3,253. So after you take their 40% fee you end up with $411 or a profit of $1.33/k. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of margin for error especially if they only rent the 4th by itself and the rest of your week sits vacant.

Jason

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I have no idea what you are suggesting. Are you suggesting it is new that owners have to make reservations themselves? It's not. Are you suggesting that reservations can be transferred for free to other members without the use of a guest certificate? That's not correct. After a reservation has been made, it can't even be changed to a co-owner's name on the same account without using a guest certificate.

Where the passage you referenced refers to "transferring property interest", it is referring to SELLING your ownership, not to reservations.

I am not suggesting anything, the cited passages speak for themselves. If you have questions pertaining to Guest Passes, the Members Directory lays out when and where they are needed. Also, just for your info, in my experience, you are right if you do the owner to owner routine through the computer. All you need to do is call reservations and they will confirm it is owner to owner and restore the guest pass.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score

Is this directed at my above post from over a month ago? I was not referring to the ability of an owner to transfer a reservation to ANY owner. I was referring to transferring to another owner on the same account which, due to their programming can only be done with a guest cert once the reservation has been made. I would suggest either speaking with a supervisor or owner relations to see about having the cert restored in such a case.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Is this directed at my above post from over a month ago? I was not referring to the ability of an owner to transfer a reservation to ANY owner. I was referring to transferring to another owner on the same account which, due to their programming can only be done with a guest cert once the reservation has been made. I would suggest either speaking with a supervisor or owner relations to see about having the cert restored in such a case.

No, actually, I was responding to a post in the other thread and just crossed linked the two. Post numbers 148 and 150 were the ones of interest in response to the other thread (see post 2).

Last edited:

davesama

Reaction score
Cost of the VIP Program

Does anyone know who picks up the cost associated with the VIP program? Wyndham is the beneficiary as they use the VIP benefits as a carrot to sell the timeshare properties to the original buyers. However, the VIP members get to use more points, free transactions, unlimited housekeeping, etc. etc. and it has to cost someone some money. Are non-VIP members of Wyndham picking up the tab for the VIP members?

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who picks up the cost associated with the VIP program? Wyndham is the beneficiary as they use the VIP benefits as a carrot to sell the timeshare properties to the original buyers. However, the VIP members get to use more points, free transactions, unlimited housekeeping, etc. etc. and it has to cost someone some money. Are non-VIP members of Wyndham picking up the tab for the VIP members?

The long and short answer is no. The person picking up the tab is wyndham sales because the extra points that VIPs use is offset by pulling points out of the pool Wyndham hasn't sold yet. There is a line item on their financials for VIP cost which last year was somewhere around $12,000,000.

Jason

GUNNERWATTS

Reaction score
***UPDATE***

VIP levels are changing again... I bombarded this past weekend with the need to purchase more points to be VIP again. Not sure how this is a thing to celebrate! I walked out of the sales department and became a TUG member!

mnmrsjjp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who says they are changing again? a sales weasel?????

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

VIP levels are changing again... I bombarded this past weekend with the need to purchase more points to be VIP again. Not sure how this is a thing to celebrate! I walked out of the sales department and became a TUG member!

I think you were being deceived.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope they do and with the points inflation they probably should. How long ago was the last increase? A very good way to drive short term sales before the increase.