• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting bikes at Hilton Waikoloa Village?

paulchrisf

Reaction score
Heard how large complex is - we are staying feb with another couple at Kingsland; is it practical to rent bikes to ride to A-bay and some of the other areas or not?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It's very large

There are 2 open air malls, Kings and Queens, they both have bike and scooter rentals. Scooters are very popular. The bike shop at Queens has a Tuesday morning resort ride. Rentals are not cheap, but you can rent high end bikes, these are not beach cruisers. You will see a lot of hard core bikers on the highway to Kona too, it's the ironman training area.

There is a free shuttle that runs every 30 min from Kingsland to Queens Marketplace (stops at all areas), you can ride the shuttle and its a 15 min stroll to the A-Bay beach behind Queens.

My wife and I are walkers in the early am and we have walked the beach route to Queens then cut through the back way to KL, it was about 4-5 miles. We take the shuttle or rental car to haul beach stuff.

When you enter WKL the first right is a short cut to KL through the golf course, straight on passes the shops then all the resorts, KL is the very last one.

DaveC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rented a Specialized Roubaix road bike when I was there for a few days. They had all kinds of bikes there. You will definitely see a few people on bikes. Also, I stayed at kings land and the bay club. Those donkeys can come into the bbq area from the Kings golf course. Don't worry they won't bother you if you're there. I liked grilling steaks on their grills - both places have grills.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
We spent a week at the Bay Club, May 0f 2012. I rented a bicycle for the week and used it every morning. It was great.

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
What's A-Bay beach, is this the beach you can see in the distance around the Bay to the left (facing the ocean) from the Hilton Hotel?

It would be great to have a beach within walking distance of the Bay Club.

Ian

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
What's A-Bay beach, is this the beach you can see in the distance around the Bay to the left (facing the ocean) from the Hilton Hotel?

It would be great to have a beach within walking distance of the Bay Club.

Ian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaehoomalu_Bay

Only beach I know of near the Bay Club is the the Marriott Hotel Beach, along with the public beach just to the South of it. That would be A-Bay. Too far to walk to, but it's an easy bike ride or use the car. They were building some kind of bar/lounge along the beach, when I was there in May.

Last edited:

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Using the link you gave and google maps it looks like the beach I saw. We walked from the Bay Club to the Hilton Hotel and at the water went left until we were at the end of the hotel property (lava rocks). We saw a beach in the distance but didn't walk all the way there since we only had a couple of hours before our flight so we turned around. Looks like it's right behind the Marriott. That solves the mystery of what the beach was.

Thanks,

Ian

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Correct, it runs from the Marriott south, the public parking is behind Queens Mkt. there is also a canoe club and some building was going on there last time we went, like beachfront villas.

A-bay beach has a lot of shells, coral, and lava mixed in so it's not the fluffy white sand like Hapuna to the north. A-bay is good to pick up shells and coral to make bracelets and necklaces. We find a lot of olivine peridot, a mineral gem found in volcanic rock.

Last edited: