• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update on DH and our Hawaii Trip

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had to cancel our much anticipated first trip to Hawaii. DH's condition has gotten much worse. The Biopsy showed that a new type of Lymphoma is in the soft tissue and bone of the L2 Vertebra in his lower spine. Oncologist said its a very agressive large cell type B cancer and he needs to start chemo right away. We are both so disappointed at having to cancel our trip but he is in so much pain that he could never sit on a plane to make the trip. Waiting for call from Doctor now to get in in to start the chemo process.

Just want to thank all of you who helped me with all of the planning.

Suzanne

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, NO! And we know how you were looking forward to this trip after all the planning. I hope it was all insured for cancellation so you won't have a financial setback as well. I know that it is your DH's health that is paramount in your mind right now. His health will be in the hearts and on the minds of your TUG family.

Our family wishes him well and a speedy recovery as well as strength and the peace of knowing you are doing the right thing. Hawaii will wait.

Jim

lamb

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so very sorry to read this update. I wish you and your husband all the best in the weeks ahead and hope that the chemo puts the cancer into arrest.

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suzanne -- as a member of TUG family our prayers go out to you and your husband. Hawaii will be there when he hopefully recovers enough to travel there.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know cancelling a trip pales in comparison when a loved one is seriously ill. Hopefully you can make it a celebratory trip once he's recovered.

Do take care.

Bev

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Suzanne, I am so sorry to hear this.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear this. May you both be wrapped in God's love and light.

Fisch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point at Poipu
Bummer Suzanne,

Good thoughts heading your way for a speedy recovery.

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. DH has appointment with Oncologist next Wednesday, Oct. 31. They will review medical records, MRI films & reports and the Pathology Report from the bone & tissue Biopsy. Then they will decide on best treatment for him. It will either be chemo and radiation or chemo by itself. After the cancer is treated, due to the degradation of his spine from the L2 to the L4 vertebra from the cancer, they will need to do surgery to shore up the area to prevent further damage.

He is on pain meds until we see the doctor next week. We had hoped for earlier appointment but this was first available one they had open.

suzanne

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Any words I can think of seem so weak when compared to the challenges you face. We have a friend who suffered greatly from Lymphoma. We thought we were going to lose him. Several rounds of chemo didn't seem to help. A very happy ending, however, to report. He had a stem cell transplant a few weeks ago and after a lengthy stay in the hospital, is almost back to his old self. He is planning a tour (he's a musician) to Europe. The final results won't be in for a couple of months, but his doctor believes he is cured.

Never lose hope and come back here when you want to talk about it. It may be a difficult journey, but we all hope for a happy ending.

Sheila

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting your husband through this medical situation is top priority, naturally. Hopefully there will be plenty more time to plan a vacation. My best wishes to you both.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our prayers to you both in this difficult time.

Be sure you notify the airline with the details and see if you can get a refund or perhaps a one year extension.

Sterling

Last edited:

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suzanne,

I am so sorry to hear this. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. Stay strong and know that you have many friends here.

Jan

cmh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoping for a speedy recovery.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Suzanne, I'm so very sorry that your husband is ill. Cancer sucks.

My SIL was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 brain cancer. It is inoperable. :( This Sunday, she and her family are flying to Florida to spend a week. She's taking the kids (ages 4 and 9) out of school so that they can spend some time together in the brief respite she has before beginning her intensive year-long chemo treatments.

I know how important vacations are for families, but especially for families who are facing illness. It's so important to just relax and spend some time together, away from hospitals and needles and tests. I hope that you will be able to reschedule soon. Our best wishes go out to you, and to everyone facing illness.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Oh, Suzanne, I am so sorry to hear that DH's lymphoma has returned. Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cancer Hospital Rankings

Since several of the posts have mentioned loved ones undergoing cancer treatment you should check out US News and World Report that Rates Hospitals.

The number one rated hospital in the US for cancer treatment is MD Anderson Hospital in Houston.

About MD Anderson Cancer Hospital | MD Anderson Cancer Center

Learn about MD Anderson, a specialized cancer hospital, and the history of the
Cancer Center.
www.mdanderson.org/about-us/

Sterling

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Suzanne,

Sending a Tug Hug your way. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family as you go through this difficult time. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,

Richard

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
So sorry to hear ....praying for a good recovery and then another great trip somewhere to rest and recover

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers are with these families

Suzanne....So very sorry to hear about this setback....praying you will be making plans again very soon!

Cancer sucks.

My SIL was recently diagnosed with Stage 2 brain cancer. It is inoperable. :( This Sunday, she and her family are flying to Florida to spend a week. She's taking the kids (ages 4 and 9) out of school so that they can spend some time together in the brief respite she has before beginning her intensive year-long chemo treatments.

How terrible!.....such a young family too.

We pray for a miracle recovery in both these situations!

Please find some small comfort in the fact that the thoughts and prayers of friends you've never met are with these families during such difficult times.

Judy

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for all your kindness and prayers. I took DH back to hospital this AM, the pain was just to much for him. The pain meds were doing nothing to ease it. He is getting pain meds thru IV (they are alternating between morphine and Duladin)and the Oncologist is supposed to be there in the morning to determine how to treat both the Lymphoma and the pain from the deteriation of his lower spine.

It really means alot to us for all the prayers and well wishes from our TUG Family.

Suzanne