• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Military Rentals AFVClub

RonLux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my annual postcard in the mail today advertising space available condo rentals for $299.00 for a 7-night stay through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. It is available free to active duty or reserve service members, military retiree's and their spouses. I believe this is RCI inventory, I don't see it stated in their current website but it was in the paperwork I have from back in 2003 when I joined the club. I used them to book into fairfield Pagosa a few years ago prior to buying Fairfield points there.
Their web site is www.afvclub. com if anyone is interested.

There is a similar club available to any federal, state, or local government worker. This one also lets in any honorably discharged American Veteran. You can find them at http://www.govarm. com. They partner with Trading Places and claim to get special deals for their members. I've never used this one but have seen it advertised in the Army Times newspaper.

A portion of the rental fee's are paid to the Military's Base Recreation Welfare fund, so it's a way to support the troops. Worth a look!

geekette

Reaction score
I would be interested to know how much 'a portion' is as I doubt RCI is generously donating much.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked at the www.govarm.com website and it doesn't look like RCI. It looks like Trading Places. It says Trading Places all over the place.

There was a different website that I can't remember, for government employees (not just military personnel), that took me to a site that looked like RCI.

KarenL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you are thinking of getravelop.com. This website is for govt employees and is run by RCI
Karen

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, yes, that's the one I had in mind.

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Govarm is II and Trading Places. They are stricter in checking for government info or vet status than RCI seems to be. When you check one part, the engine is the same as www.condodirect.com .... But prices on the govarm site is cheaper. The trading places engine is the same as that on the trading places site...but I think they are cheaper on the govarm site, too. www.govarm.com

Many years ago, Betsy (NYTOG & TUG member) did a review of pricing differences. If I remember right (and that ain't always true)....the weeks offered via II and RCI to members (as in left over vacation, extra vacations & so on) were almost always cheaper than offered on the government sites...even the open to public sites. May not be so true now.

The only one that does give a % back to bases & forts is the www.afvclub.com I'll see if I can find how much.

RCI has the same engine for many affinity groups, like college school graduates

The www.getravelop.com can also be used for Canadian Gov workers in any section (local, fed, vet)...but the site is different for the UK areas.

US vets need to use www.veteransholidays.com

Last edited:

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mostly left overs.

I have done a few comparisons between getravelop and RCI and it seems to be non prime weeks in non prime locations. I also did a search for Branson next month and there was a lot but when I searched for a year from now at Branson there was only a few. On the plus side they only cost $300 with no taxes, fees, weeks or points that you have to use.

Thanks,
Joe