• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One night in Vienna

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I will be spending one night in Vienna. Hope to do some sightseeing (already got some great advice by searching the boards), but we're looking for recommendations as to a place to stay. Hotel, I'm sure.

Any/all recommendations are most welcome. Thanks, Tuggers!!

Tom

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
If your into Hilton, I recommend either the Hilton Vienna or Hilton Danube. The first is very near the train station downtown and the second is a short Metro ride from downtown.

I've stayed at the Danube and had a very large room, even by U.S. standards overlooking the Danube. I also visited the Vienna which was very nice but did not stay there since it was considerably more expensive. If it was a comparable rate, I would have stayed there.

Cheers

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
For just a night, it's worth to stay in the city center on the Ring so you're close to many sites. It's been a while since I've been in Vienna, but I stayed at the InterContinental last time and it was quite nice back then.

Sent from my iPad

Here There

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vienna Marriott on ParkRing

Concur that it's essential to stay on the Ring (the perimeter street encircling the historic center) when touring time is limited. Four summers ago I spent a week at the Vienna Marriott and marveled at its great central location:

- walk towards the middle and you're in the heart of the historic center with St. Stephen's cathedral, shops, and dining.

- hopping on the tram right outside the front door will lead you to major cultural institutions.

- the park across the street (hence the name Park-Ring) is large enough to jog through and features greenery, blooming flora and statues of cultural figures.

- the Airport Train station is an easy walk across the park, or a 1-stop tram ride away, and the train will take you from/to the airport in 45 minutes.

One night is not enough to savor all that Vienna has to offer, but staying in a centrally located hotel such as the Marriott will allow you easier access.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Had a great time TOO many years ago in Vienna ... attended an Opera in the State Opera House, did the morning practice sessions at the Spanish Riding School (twice), walked thru St Stephan's and came in * out of Vienna on the train.

I stayed in a room with a hall bath .... who knows where. :doh: It was my first trip to Europe and I travelling by myself. I had a train pass travelling from near Chartres in France to Geneva (several nights with a GF from work) and then, the train to Vienna ... back to Paris on the night train thru Germany, to changing trains in Paris to Chartres (family of an summer exchange student in my home). Close to 3 weeks out of US.

What was amazing was the night I flew over to Europe was the night the Soviet guards walked away from the Berlin Wall.....and when my train stopped in Zurich on the way to Vienna (almost 2 weeks later), hundreds of Americans swarmed the train .. to get to Berlin for the "partying". :eek:

gresmi

TUG Member
Reaction score

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
If it is not too late to chime in, the Hotel Bristol is amazing. On the Ring, right across the street from the Opera, a short walk to the Hotel Sacher (of Sacher Torte) fame, and adjacent to the Kartner Strasse, my favorite people watching avenue. The hotel is wonderful, the staff are excellent, and our room was very large, even by US standards. Loved it so much we are going back next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gresmi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why pay fat money for a hotel?? Never got that. Have used vrbo.com all over the world when not using timeshares. Bigger units, better amenities, kitchens. WAY cheaper than hotels and you can negotiate price! What's not to like?

RIMike

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Star Inn

I have a post on Trip Advisor for the Star Inn in Vienna. It was inexpensive, unlike most of our trip to Central Europe, but the hotel while nice was not luxurious. It is about half way between the Schonburn Palace and St Stephens Platz (old town Cathedral). Service was exceptional.

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
another vote for the Marriott. I think it's one of the better Marriotts in Europe, and is usually not very expensive on weekend nights. The location is very convenient - near historic center but in pleasant leafy area, on the tram line to the museums, and walking distance to the airport train - so you'll be able to make the most of your short stay.