• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHV Lagoon: PH or Premier

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I am looking at making a reservation for this upcoming November at HHV in a 2BR Premier. I was curious if those who have stayed in the Penthouse prefer the unit to the Premier unit that is at the front of the building. I love the front unit and overlooking the Lagoon, but from Alwysonvac's pics, there is alot to be said for Penthouse.

If you could choose Penthouse, which would you prefer, understanding that it is most like it would be the PH on the Ewa side, not the DH side (assuming owners get the DH side).

Please advise and thanks!

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Well.....never mind. I went back through the pictures and I think I'm going to stick with the Front Unit. The Penthouse looks great, but I am just hooked on that view.

This thread was on point.

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

jestme

Reaction score
I've stayed in both. The penthouse I had was one back from the front on the Ilikai side. It was neat, with the tall ceilings, but the stairs to the bedrooms were steep and uncomfortable to climb. Also, the room doesn't seem all that big with the staircase tying up space. The non-penthouse front unit was awesome, the clear view of the ocean can't be beat and it feels like the lanai was bigger than the others.
For me, it's no decision, the front unit would be my choice. That is unless you like to feel good pushing the PH button in the elevator.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I've stayed in both. The balcony is the best part of the premier unit. The layout of the rest of the unit is pretty normal but the ocean view with coffee in the morning is the best. I'd be tempted to ask for a low floor unit just to people watch around the lagoon.

The penthouse units are wonderful but dated when we stayed. A two story unit with floor to ceiling windows is pretty cool. I was on the Diamond Head side.

If it's just you and your wife I would say the ocean front unit. If you're bringing several people I would say the penthouse. Don Ho loved it! You will too!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I agree if it's just you and your wife, I would stick with the 2 bedroom Premier oceanfront unit.
I've booked the two and three bedroom Penthouse units when we're traveling with four or more.

NOTE: I've only stayed in the two bedroom Penthouse unit once and we were assigned to a room on the Diamond Head side.

zora

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would book OF and request the highest floor available. As you know we love that view. :)
Suzanne.