• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do I really have to enroll my weeks again?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am an owner since before the points program started and am an enrolled owner. I have converted my weeks to Destination points in some years and have used or exchanged my weeks in other years. Never had a problem.

Out of the blue today I got an e-mail message from MVCI that includes the following:
Please Confirm Your Enrollment

You're almost ready to begin enjoying a new day of flexible and easy vacation ownership. Simply click here to review and agree to the enrollment documents and terms and conditions. This will finalize your enrollment and enable you to use your Vacation Club Points for vacations anywhere in the Marriott Vacation Club system.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please remember that your enrollment is not complete yet. click here to review your enrollment documents. Once you do so and accept, your enrollment will be finalized and you will receive your benefits. Please provide your acceptance of the enrollment terms and conditions within 45 days of your enrollment submitted on June 22, 2016 . If we do not receive your acceptance during this timeframe, your weeks(s) will be unenrolled.

Please note that it may take up to two hours for your newly-enrolled inventory to reflect as being enrolled Online.

Upon completion of enrollment, the following Marriott Vacation Club membership(s) or week(s) will be enrolled into the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program:

Request Submitted on June 22, 2016

I have not submitted any request to MVCI, nor have I originated any communication to MVCI within the past five months.

What's this all about?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wow, talk about a blast from the past...hope you are doing well good sir!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
HI DAVE!! :hi:

It looks like somehow something was triggered in your account that makes the system think you've submitted enrollment forms today. After the "Upon completion of enrollment ..." line does the email reference a Week that's in your account and already enrolled?

For what it's worth there's nothing similar in my email today, and hasn't been since enrolling at the introduction. If there were I would probably use the Customer Care contact info to try to find an answer.

(Hope all is well with you and yours. :))

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Probably just a "glitch" in their system. So long as you can log on and see that your weeks are still enrolled, I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. I'd probably call just to make sure nothing odd is going on (account hacked, computer suddenly un-enrolled accounts et..), but my bet is it's just a glitch.

gsb

Reaction score
I received the same email yesterday. When I went to my account on the website it said the two weeks were "Enrollment pending" (I think). I went back to the email,clicked the link to enroll them and it seemed to clear everything up.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Has to be a glitch, Dave.

If it's not, I expect a lot of serious repercussions with it potentially becoming a legal issue. I just don't think it's possible that a previously executed enrollment could be annulled, suspended, or terminated, and in any way subject to re-enrollment.

and HELLO!!!!
I ALWAYS turn and literally nod my head in admiration, respect, and feelings of friendship for you when I pass by Sun City, and we pass by there quite a lot. We're at GO right now for 3 weeks, having also visited in Jan, Feb, March, and April.

(Taking a quick lunch break now from a glorious day on the beach as I speak--breeze makes it quite pleasant.)
Nice to "hear your voice".....marty

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Has to be a glitch, Dave. If it's not, I expect a lot of serious repercussions with it potentially becoming a legal issue. I just don't think it's possible that a previously executed enrollment could be annulled, suspended, or terminated, and in any way subject to re-enrollment. ...

I just want to point out that if an Exchange Member doesn't pay the annual Club Dues, the docs make it perfectly clear that enrollment will terminate and re-enrollment will be subject to the eligibility rules and fee structures in effect at the time of re-enrollment.

So it is possible but it doesn't appear that this is Dave's problem. With others reporting that they've received the same email that doesn't make sense, I'd also guess that it's a glitch.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I just want to point out that if an Exchange Member doesn't pay the annual Club Dues, the docs make it perfectly clear that enrollment will terminate and re-enrollment will be subject to the eligibility rules and fee structures in effect at the time of re-enrollment.

So it is possible but it doesn't appear that this is Dave's problem. With others reporting that they've received the same email that doesn't make sense, I'd also guess that it's a glitch.

Good point about the dues, Susan..... didn't even think about that. I would have assumed that a simple payment for funds in arrears would have sufficed.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Nothing to add, but just wanted to say hi :wave:Hope all is well with you and yours!