• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Ticket Price Increase and No Expiration Option may cease

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Getting all of the alerts that ticket prices are set to increase in February.

From http://www.inquisitr.com/1783750/ti...-coming-soon-to-walt-disney-world-disneyland/

"Ticket prices for the happiest places on earth are about to go up again, but that really isn’t anything that should be too shocking. Walt Disney World and Disneyland are both set to raise the prices of their park tickets soon, and that also includes a couple of changes that could be coming to different additions and subtractions.

It happens every year and was expected to happen in 2015 as well, but that is much to the chagrin of those looking to enjoy some Disney fun.

According to WDWNT, Disney Parks ticket prices are expected to go up sometime in mid-February. The increase is said to be a small increase, and there is no exact pricing to put in perspective as of yet.

Some changes could also be coming to tickets at Walt Disney World, and one of them may bother people more than the ticket price increase.

For years, there has been speculation that the “No Expiration” ticket option would be going away, and it appears as though it will finally happen. While not yet confirmed by Disney, the “No Expiration” option will cease to exist as of about mid-February.

Currently, that option allows visitors to purchase it and hold onto any unused days on their park tickets. If the option is gone, then any days will likely expire 14 days after first use at Disney Parks.

The other change that could end up coming to Walt Disney World is that a “Water Park Hopper” could be introduced as a new add-on. It could just be for single day tickets or it could be applied to multi-day tickets a well.

The Disney ticket price increases are not uncommon and have been happening annually for years now. Doctor Disney reports that it was near the end of February in 2014 that the prices went up, but no serious changes were made....

For those who already have purchased tickets or have a Disney Vacation Package in place, they will be honored at the old price.

Disney has not yet given any comment on these reported ticket price increases and/or changes. It’s not totally unexpected though as Disney has been doing it every year, as has Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and other major theme parks.

Considering the changes being made all around the Disney Parks in the next few years, it’s not out of the question for ticket price increases. Walt Disney World and Disneyland are bringing a lot of new things, and the ticket prices likely won’t hurt them in attendance."

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you think Disney and the other theme parks will ever realize they are just pushing away people who can least afford a magical vacation. Many, many years ago, as a young military family, we saved every penny we could to go to Disney. Now you have to save every penny and take out a loan to go.:(

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the prices are crazy. The only way you will ever get your monies worth is to get an annual pass and commit three or four weeks to go in a calendar year. That excludes most people on the planet.

However, ......you should compare it to some other things that are really expensive like a Broadway show, tickets to an NBA game sitting below the nosebleed section, good NFL tickets, a concert to see a band like the Rolling Stones.

That's what we're dealing with.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
If the no expiration ticket goes away, I won't be buying 8 to 10 day no expiration hopper tickets as Christmas presents for my kids every few years. My grown kids said they'll just start staying at the ocean and skip Orlando. That means I'll probably downsize some DVC points, too.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disneyworld is packed pretty much all the time. Imagine if tickets were inexpensive. Its almost like they raise prices to control the crowds, LOL.

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
While available in the parks and as an add-on by Disney, the no -expiration ticket over time has become too expensive. Today a 5 day base ticket with park hopping option is $345.50 from Orlando Fun Tickets, a Disney reseller. With no- expiration its $489 or $30 more per day for the no- ex. For a ten day base ticket with park hopper option it is $394. It's 10 day no-ex counterpart is $699. That's a great deal of money for the convenience.
The best option is to carefully gauge how many days you will plan on spending in the parks and buy accordingly. Our current no-ex tickets will be the last we get.
By the way, I have seen on this board people talking about leaving a day or two on their base ticket then buying the no-ex option before they leave the park. You can certainly do this, but the cost is to the entire ticket not just the leftover days.

jeffcarp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you think Disney and the other theme parks will ever realize they are just pushing away people who can least afford a magical vacation. Many, many years ago, as a young military family, we saved every penny we could to go to Disney. Now you have to save every penny and take out a loan to go.:(
They, and most other tourism companies of their sophistication know exactly what they're doing on prices. I am sure they have mathematical models that will tell them exactly what their attendance numbers will do with every pricing change. People will pay.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
If you're normally in the park only for 1, 2 or 3 days max during your trips then non-expiring ticket makes sense.

We used to do the non-expiring ticket until it started to get expensive to add on the option.
Then we started buying the 5, 6 or 7 days expiring ticket because there wasn't much of a savings with the non-expiring.
However now we only go to the park 1 or 2 days during our trips so the 10 day non-expiring ticket saves us a little.

Current 2014 Rates from Mousesavers.com

Magic Your Way Base Ticket Prices
(gate price for admission to one theme park per day, including tax)

# Days / Theme Park Adult (ages 10 and up) Child (ages 3-9)
1 (Magic Kingdom only) $105.44 $99.05
1 (Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom) $100.11 $93.72
2 (any of the major theme parks) $200.22 $186.38
3 (any of the major theme parks) $291.81 $271.58
4 (any of the major theme parks) $313.11 $291.81
5 (any of the major theme parks) $323.76 $302.46
6 (any of the major theme parks) $334.41 $313.11
7 (any of the major theme parks) $345.06 $323.76
8 (any of the major theme parks) $355.71 $334.41
9 (any of the major theme parks) $366.36 $345.06
10 (any of the major theme parks) $377.01 $355.71

No Expiration Option
Regular Magic Your Way Tickets expire 14 days after their first use. Choosing the No Expiration option means you are free to come back and take advantage of unused days at any time.

Extra cost on top of the base-price ticket is:
1-day ticket N/A
2-day ticket +$42.60 w/tax
3-day ticket +$53.25 w/tax
4-day ticket +$106.50 w/tax
5-day ticket +$170.40 w/tax
6-day ticket +$223.65 w/tax
7-day ticket +$266.25 w/tax
8-day ticket +$287.55 w/tax
9-day ticket +$314.18 w/tax
10-day ticket +$362.10 w/tax

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Its almost like they raise prices to control the crowds.

I'm sure they factor in how higher prices will keep attendance in check. They also want to ensure that its "their" type of peep -- the ones who wear nice clothes and can afford to drop a bunch of $$ in their parks -- that get thru the gates.

If someone can't afford it, feeding the mouse prolly should not a high priority in their life.
-- Said as someone who's fed the mouse plenty (starting as a teen in 1972).

For an amusing article on how to do WDW without spending $$ (mostly muching off resort lounges and activities), see: http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...stly-free-day-at-the-walt-disney-world-resort

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Unquestionably, Disney uses ticket prices to regulate both the quantity and "quality" of its patrons.

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unquestionably, Disney uses ticket prices to regulate both the quantity and "quality" of its patrons.

Disney math: Fewer guests + better incomes > More guests + lesser incomes

Side benefits: less maintenance, more guests using MyMagic+ which provides Disney with better info regarding future staffing and merchandising as well as guaranteeing that new guests will be tech savvy (and with more $$$).

Disney will have no problem renting out the DVC bungalows at the Polynesian at $2,400+/night. We recently spent two weeks on Maui for about the same amount.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stock in Disney

The one part I feel in the price is I am a stockholder for the past 5 years or so and it has skyrocketed. I kind of feel when my family goes we are moving the money from one pocket to another.
Bart

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just got an email saying prices are going up tomorrow. Undercover tourist is selling at old price until they run out.

"Disney Gate Prices Increasing on Sunday, Feb 22
It's official! Walt Disney World® Resort gate price admission will increase on Sunday, February 22. You can avoid the gate price increase by purchasing your tickets now. Undercover Tourist will continue to offer tickets at the 2014 discounted prices for a limited time.
As a reminder, you may activate Disney tickets anytime! All our Disney tickets are FastPass+ enabled and may be added to My Disney Experience and MagicBands, so you can plan ahead and skip the lines at the gate. Your purchase is backed by one of the best refund policies in the business."

I assume my old non-expiring tickets are still valid.

Deb

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So I have a question about my older tickets. I have both 1 park and hopper tickets in my desk. Some of them have signatures on the back, some not. Will I have an issue using the ones without signature? I don't know what family member they belong to and if they are linked to a fingerprint. It's been a few years since we've been to Disney. We will be there in April this year. We are not staying onsite. Is there somewhere to get these checked out before we try to enter a park?

Thanks,
Deb

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
TOP TEN SURPRISE BENEFITS OF THE WDW TICKET PRICE INCREASE
10. Tickets can be used as coasters for coffee at Disney World Starbucks.
9. They're 100% vegan!
8. Tickets allow guests to enter park before guests without tickets.
7. You can wave them briskly in front of your face for a realistic cooling effect.
6. They can be used as legal identification for Florida Republican primaries.
5. Free admission to Disney Springs!
4. Each ticket can be customized with pictures of your favorite Disney characters as long as they are Anna or Elsa.
3. One edge of the ticket is razor sharp for carving turkey legs.
2. When you write "FRONT OF LINE PASS" on the front of the ticket, you can march right up to the front of the line of any attraction.
1. Number 2 above is not true.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
So I have a question about my older tickets. I have both 1 park and hopper tickets in my desk. Some of them have signatures on the back, some not. Will I have an issue using the ones without signature? I don't know what family member they belong to and if they are linked to a fingerprint. It's been a few years since we've been to Disney. We will be there in April this year. We are not staying onsite. Is there somewhere to get these checked out before we try to enter a park?

Thanks,
Deb

I don't think you'll have a problem. Just tell them you forgot to sign them.

From the help page on the DisneyWorld site - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/uses-remaining/

Q. How can I determine the number of days remaining on a theme park ticket?
A. When you arrive at Walt Disney World Resort, please show your ticket to a Cast Member at any of the following locations:
Ticket windows at theme parks and water parks
Concierge desks at Disney Resort hotels
Guest Relations at the Downtown Disney Area

If you wish to check from home, please email us at ticket.usage@disneyworld.com and include the following:
- Photograph or scan of the front and back of each ticket
- Photograph or scan of a government-issued ID
- Your full name
- Phone number where you can be reached during the day
Please keep the total email size, including attachments, below 2 MB. To ensure your email is less than 2 MB, you may need to compress your images or send multiple emails.

We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible, but it normally takes 14 business days for a response.

From My DisneyExperience - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/link/tickets-passes/

This appears when you're trying to link older tickets via MyDisneyExperience

Is the purchase date printed on your ticket between 2007 and 2010, or is your ticket lacking an ID number? Add an Older Ticket - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/convert/match-layout/

Is the purchase date printed on your ticket prior to 2007? Please call (407) 939-4357 for information on how you can use pre-2007 tickets. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll email copies of the tickets to get this cleared up.

Deb

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Article from Inside the Magic - http://www.insidethemagic.net/headl...ier-with-raise-on-all-us-disney-park-tickets/

Disney breaking that $100 ticket barrier with raise on all US Disney park tickets

Regular visitors of both Disney World and Disneyland Resort should be prepared to pay a little bit more for a chance to hang with Mickey as all US Disney parks will significantly raise prices for its parks tomorrow, Sunday 2/22. The biggest change will be that a one day ticket to Magic Kingdom in Orlando, FL will now be over $100, a significant price barrier for most people.

Increases affect all ticket options and another significant change is that the No-Expiration option on Magic Your Way multi-day tickets, that is offered at Disney World, will no longer be available.

Here is a list of the upcoming changes. All prices are listed without tax.

Walt Disney World Resort

Single Day Ticket, Magic Kingdom: $105 up from $99

Single Day Ticket, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom: $97 up from $94

Park Hopper option for Single Day Ticket: $50 up from $35

Magic Your Way Multi-Day Tickets: All options will increase by $1-2 per day. No Expiration option no longer available. Park Hopper option on multi-day tickets will have an increase of about $4.

Water Parks: $58 up from $53 for ages 10 and up, $50 up from $45 for ages 3-9

Annual Passes: $654 up from $634, Premium Annual Pass $779 up from $754

Florida Resident Tickets Annual Pass: $529 up from $485, Premium Annual Pass $649 up from $605, Seasonal Pass $329 up from $319

Disneyland Resort

Single Day Ticket: $99 up from $96

Park Hopper option for Single Day Ticket: $56 up from $54

Premium Annual Pass: $779 up from $699

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Great timing. I'll be at Disneyland tomorrow. /sigh