• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Space banking issues RCi

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi Tuggers ,
I have paid my maintenance fees, updated Membership and have requested my week be space banked in RCI. Just spoke to the resort rep again. Week is not showing up in my account. Last month I was told to wait 14 business days, it did not show up. Today the resort rep said 2 more business days.
I was thinking of putting the week in DAE, I called the resort to get info on doing so and the rep said she never heard of them.
Have any of you encountered problem with RCI or DAE space banking your weeks?
I am always amazed at how little timeshare resorts know about timeshares and exchange companies.
BTW My resort is Summer Bay in Clermont. None of my other resorts are problem with space banking.
TerryC

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you own a fixed week or a floating week at Summer Bay?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Most resorts only make direct deposits to the exchange company that they are affiliated with.

With the independent exchange companies, you make a reservations at your resort as if you were making it for yourself, and then send the exchange company your confirmation. You will need to call DAE and get the info.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks Denise, I am waiting a couple of more days for RCI, if they don't come thru. I will contact Summer Bay and DAE. They never have a problem processing my fees!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you own a floating week, I don't think you can deposit a specific week. They bulk bank. There is a form that comes in the envelope with the MF's. If you own a floating week you specify that you want to deposit and then they pick the week from the previously deposited weeks.

I have only owned points and a fixed week at Summerbay but the info about float weeks comes in my MF mailing. So I don't have any first hand knowledge if it is possible to do a work around and reserve a high value week and then get it deposited with RCI.

If you are using SFX or DAE you make a reservation for your own use and then you deposit the specific week and the exchange company takes it from there.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Ok, I am having problems with Summer Bay. They have assigned my week this year as week 49. I spoke with RCI they put my week in my account but it says to contact the resort . I did but they told me previous owner still has an account with RCI with my week in it. I know they canceled the RCI membership when we got our deed. I am over RCI and I am going to put the week in Dial an exchange. When I spoke to Summer Bay, the rep said she never heard of DAE. This week is more trouble than any other week I have had. It is EOY and I hope to be rid if it by 2017! Thanks for reading my rant.
TerryC

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
How about not even banking it? Just search on DAE and when you see something book it. I don't bank my weeks anymore. I have a floater (in addition to me fixed week) and after I see something on DAE or Trading Places or Platinum exchange, I can reserve it and then give them my week. If I don't see what I want, I just use my week or I guess I could try to rent it or let a family member use it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When I spoke to Summer Bay, the rep said she never heard of DAE.

Remember what has been posted above, about about depositing with DAE:

Most resorts will not do DIRECT deposits to an independent exchange company.

You have to make reservation at your home resort, as if it is for for own use, and deposit the reservation YOURSELF. Don't even tell your home resort you are going to deposit it - just make a regular reservation.

For the best trading power, reserve the highest demand week available to you.

For details about exactly how to do this with DAE, you should contact them first.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks Everyone, this is what I am going to do. DAE contacted me and told me the same thing.

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat you are many years ago. I came to find out my resort was dragging their feet and did not deposit my weeks in RCI as I was told. I had to call and talk to the resort manager to get it done. After my call, the weeks showed up in RCI the next day.