• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association

mouse

Reaction score
new to trying to sell timeshare, already been scammed a few years ago before joining tug. wanted to know if any members are familar with the Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association. would also like to know what resale and closing services members are using, I saw from some of the posts that some are buying and selling. trying not to get taken to the cleaners again.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There are definitely legitimate resale brokers out there, but they charge a commission of $1,000 and up, plus closing costs, so unless you own a timeshare worth thousands of dollars (hardly any are) it's not cost effective to use a broker. For inexpensive timeshares, it's more cost effective to sell it yourself and that's most timeshares.

Have you check ebay to see what your's is selling for? Most are selling for 0-10% of original retail.

MomoD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare closing

I am using Timeshare Tranfer Inc, they were a recommend by TUGgers, everythings going very well. Should close in a couple more weeks.

Good luck.

new to trying to sell timeshare, already been scammed a few years ago before joining tug. wanted to know if any members are familar with the Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association. would also like to know what resale and closing services members are using, I saw from some of the posts that some are buying and selling. trying not to get taken to the cleaners again.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Isn't Timeshare Transfer a closing company? The OP is looking for a broker who will actually find a buyer for them.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The LTRBA is a group of licensed real estate brokers who will work on comission only (ie no upfront fees).

I wouldnt hesitate to contact them if you feel your Timeshare has enough resale value.

those already listed for a dollar or bargain basement prices are really going to have to be sold yourself.

http://sell.tug2.net

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I met with Pinnacle Vacations in Fort Myers Florida last week. They are a licensed real estate broker. Their deal is this

pay a $39 fee to advertise on their website, They add a $2000 commission to your asking price which is their commission and they quote $700 for closing.

So everything except the $39 is paid by the buyer

The week that I am interested in is offered at $2000 which means if I pay it, there is nothing left for the buyer...

Pinnacle is by the way an authorized re seller for BlueGreen points and some of the benefits that come with a developer purchase they can transfer to the buyer

Also there are timeshare brokers here on TUG...Google Pinnacle timeshare and you will find one of them in the list of websites that comes up

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I do not believe that pinnacle is a member of the LTRBA.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
would also like to know what resale and closing services members are using, .

Brian
I was responding to the second part of the ops post
I didnt mean to imply that Pinnacle was or wasnt a member of some group or another,,,only that I intend to use them and that they are licensed.

mouse

Reaction score
Ltrba

Thanks for the information provided. I will have to continue research. I checked on Ebay as suggested for value and couldn't find similar property.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvia00

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th St. NUC by Hilton
Is this information still valid ? It is from 2011 !

Sylvia00

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West 57th St. NUC by Hilton
I found out that TS transfer Inc. is closed.
Does someone know about about a reliable company ?
Thank you.