• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare in Daytona Florida

Samantha J

Reaction score
While vacationing in Daytona a couple of days ago my husband and I were pretty much pressured into becoming Owners at the Wyndham Resort . We were required to put a $3000.00 deposit down which we did not have. We agreed to come up with the money within 30 days. They had us sign all the paperwork in advance including a bank draft. We were not given any of the paperwork we signed because technically we will not be owners until the deposit is made. After reading all the horrible comments of being an owner of a timeshare and all the lies that go with it we do not want to be a part of this Corporation. We feel stupid that we even fell for this. I have left messages for the Sales Rep and the financial officer telling them we want out. They are not returning our calls.

My question is can we get out of this since it has only been 3 days or have we made the biggest mistake of our lives?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
While vacationing in Daytona a couple of days ago my husband and I were pretty much pressured into becoming Owners at the Wyndham Resort . We were required to put a $3000.00 deposit down which we did not have. We agreed to come up with the money within 30 days. They had us sign all the paperwork in advance including a bank draft. We were not given any of the paperwork we signed because technically we will not be owners until the deposit is made. After reading all the horrible comments of being an owner of a timeshare and all the lies that go with it we do not want to be a part of this Corporation. We feel stupid that we even fell for this. I have left messages for the Sales Rep and the financial officer telling them we want out. They are not returning our calls.

My question is can we get out of this since it has only been 3 days or have we made the biggest mistake of our lives?

In FLA you have 10 days from the day you sign or when you get all the paperwork to rescind this type of purchase.

I'm not sure how it will work not having the papers yet.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind now if you have something that tell you how. Call your bank and if necessary close your bank account and open a new one so the Wyndham sales weasels can't get their greedy hands on your money. If you rescinding instructions follow the rescind instruction to the letter and mail it 'return receipt'. This will save you tens of thousands of dollars. Buy resell if you want a timeshare, but first learn and understand timesharing.

If I understanding what you wrote, you are not committed until you give them $3000. If that's the case close your bank account or you may be screwed...

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
If no cash has left your hands the transaction has not been consumated due to lack of consideration. Send a certified letter to them indicating that you rescind and revoke their right to withdraw funds from your account. (Return receipt signature required ).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Join TUG, you will find better timeshares and we will help advise you!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

Definitely rescind, and I would advise that you never go to another timeshare presentation, no matter what you are offered to attend.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
And stop calling or taking the Sales Weasels phone calls .. they are just stalling YOU beyond the rescind window period .... "Verbal Ain't Legal Cancellation!!!!"

Follow the advice about closing the bank account.

And stay away from the Sales floor, staff and their phone calls ... their ONLY interest is in getting your $$$$$ ... even a 6 or 7% commission check is a GREAT score for those weasals. They care NOTHING about your financial problems, limits, bills as they have SUB-PRIME lenders who they SELL your loan to and then the lenders & Wyndham (MFs) just try to get their money.

They have SOLD 85+ year old retirees more than $100,000+ worth of Wyndham points - so they can enjoy their retirement years. :eek: telling them, by buying MORE points, Wyndham might pay them less the 20% back after 5 years with NO LOAN ... forgot the name that program.

They are called sales weasels ... because they have earned that name IMHO.